PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

ManuTouch is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Can you just backup the Ultimate Launch .ini file if I want to reinstall it and everything will be the way it was when I started, provided all the right icons are in the icons folder?
Old 04-19-2008, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelite View Post
have you tried disabling the HTC Home today plugin?
Is this an answer to my "mogul freezing and displaying ActiveSync" or a different question?

I don't have HTC homepage active.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

pozer69 is a n00b

Im not sure if this problem has been address but for everyone with an apache (6700) that was having trouble, I upgraded my rom to the new 6.1 finally and I am not having any more problems.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuTouch View Post
Can you just backup the Ultimate Launch .ini file if I want to reinstall it and everything will be the way it was when I started, provided all the right icons are in the icons folder?
Yes. This is a great way to back up ul if you don't use sprite or some other bu software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Sorry if this is a repeat question, I only read through about the first quarter of the pages on this thread.

I just installed UL on my Mogul (latest Kitchen ROM)... everything seemed to work fine until I started to try to configure it.

Now EVERY TIME I click on OK to close the UL configure program my Mogul immediately displays the ActiveSync screen and everything is frozen (screen, buttons, etc). Only a soft reset will get out of it.

Any clues?
Usually you cant even see the plugin when this happens. you have somehow crupted your ini file. Reinsall UL and see top of thbis post for suggestion to prevent you having to reconfigure everything if it happens again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namuh View Post
Anyone know why all of my icons show up as the Opera Mobile Browser icon when I go to choose a new icon in order to change it? They weren't the Opera Mobile Icon when I put them on my phone?
For some reason they show up like that in the config but should display correctly once you choose it on the today window.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ManuTouch is becoming a great contributor

Sweet, didn't even have to back it up...it asked me if I wanted to keep the user data on the phone, and when I installed the english version (for uniformity sake) it asked me if I wanted to use the default or the old version. So that worked like a charm!
Old 04-19-2008, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Where is the .ini file located?
Old 04-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 8925

namuh is a n00b

Thanks for the reply eehrhard. Unfortunately for me, it applies all icons as an opera Mobile browser icon? Could it be because its unregistered? Hmm. Lets say I wanted to change the internet explorer icon in tab # 4.
I open UL config.
I choose tab #4.
I click on the ie icon in UL config under tab #4.
I choose > change,
I choose>Icon,
I click > browse,
I find my way to program files, ultimate launch, icons folder where there are some random icons I downloaded from here.

(I unzipped them on my pc into a new folder, then copied them from that folder into my phone using activsync)

The explorer shows all the icons as opera mobile icons. I go ahead and choose the ie icon I downloaded that is in this folder anyway. Icon preview shows it as a red opera mobile icon. I click ok anyway and ok to get out. I rotate cube to tab #4 and what use to be the default ie icon is now a red opera mobile icon!
Old 04-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Where is the .ini file located?
Depends on where you installed the program. Its most likely in /program files/UltimateLaunch/UltimateLaunch.ini but if you installed to the card it would be there instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namuh View Post
Thanks for the reply eehrhard. Unfortunately for me, it applies all icons as an opera Mobile browser icon? Could it be because its unregistered? Hmm. Lets say I wanted to change the internet explorer icon in tab # 4.
I open UL config.
I choose tab #4.
I click on the ie icon in UL config under tab #4.
I choose > change,
I choose>Icon,
I click > browse,
I find my way to program files, ultimate launch, icons folder where there are some random icons I downloaded from here.

(I unzipped them on my pc into a new folder, then copied them from that folder into my phone using activsync)

The explorer shows all the icons as opera mobile icons. I go ahead and choose the ie icon I downloaded that is in this folder anyway. Icon preview shows it as a red opera mobile icon. I click ok anyway and ok to get out. I rotate cube to tab #4 and what use to be the default ie icon is now a red opera mobile icon!
That is really odd. You you using XP-Icons? I know that when i open my icon folder they all show up with the opera icon on the list but when i select the ico it is correct on the tab. Maybe try re-creating the the shortcut from scratch.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

theelite is a n00b

sorry yes, this is what worked for me. I am running battery status and ultimate launcher with no freezing..though before when I had the HTC Home enabled I would get freezing all the time when trying to configure Ultimate Launcher.

Quote:
Is this an answer to my "mogul freezing and displaying ActiveSync" or a different question?

I don't have HTC homepage active.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
Yes. You can have HTC home above UL on your today screen. Just activate it and make sure it is above UL on the list of today screen items.

You are not going to have much space though.

And You can really do so much better than HTC home by using BatteryStatus and WeatherPanel but to each his own...

Thanks Eehrhard...

When I set up UL previously I tried batterystatus and hated it, which is why I was shying away from it this time, but after investing some time on xda, I've got batterystatus set up the way I like... almost. I'll post pics in a day or two, and I'll be happy to share my batterystatus xml with anyone who's interested.

Here's another question.. any chance batterystatus would play nice with having two instances running? I'd like to set up my "notifications" line to be static at the top of my today screen, but I'd like the clock and other stuff on a page in UL.

Any input?

Edit: The short answer: No, batterystatus can't have two instances running...

So, to rephrase my question... Is there another app that I can use to configure a nice digital clock/date screen?

Here's my what my today screen looks like.. I'd like to stay similar to this... Currently, everything in the blue theme is static and UL exists below, but I'd like more room on my screen for UL so I don't have to have 7 UL pages... I'd like to find a nice clock today plugin that I can have on one screen, and I'll just keep the notification bar from Batterystatus..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Today screen 1.jpg (17.5 KB, 146 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Today 2.jpg (19.5 KB, 127 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by badutahboy; 04-20-2008 at 12:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software