PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc_BlackDragon View Post
Hey i really dont know how to change the icons can anyones direct me or show me how to do it plz...
Choose the XP icon choice and your icons have to be in .ico format (which is standard for Windows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
Does anyone have a speed dial app that can be used with Ultimate Launch. This is one thing I like about Mobile Shell but I would love to find one that would work with UL.
The one available from UL is good its called makecall.exe i think. You can just make your pictures you want to dial into icos and then put the number you want to dial as the parameter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivorb View Post
I am hoping that posting my question in this thread (as opposed to starting a new one) will still work well enough.

I love the program. But that's not a question.

I have been able to link to several "notepad" files successfully in UL and even give them little icons, but what I want to do is link to the location where I keep all my files...basically an "open folder" called NOTES.

I can't seem to do that.

I can make a link to "File Explorer" and that works well, but then when I use FE to find another program it won't link back to that same spot the next time.

Here is my GUESS: I should make a link to File Explorer, but I also need to edit the "Parameter" area so that it points directly to this area. My problem is that I have no idea how to "word" the parameter area so that it does this.

Any help?

Thanks so much. I hope I was clear enough.

K--
parameter field should look like "windows/start menu/programs/games" if you wanted it to open to your games folder.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

up2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuff
.lnk file collection

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place, but I want to start a collection of .lnk file locations and what they do. I have been pulling my hair out trying to find how to make my screen rotate, adjust brightness, open control panel and other functions with the press of an icon, "like in the htc home plug-in". Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Spring Mogul

kaivorb is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
parameter field should look like "windows/start menu/programs/games" if you wanted it to open to your games folder.
Thanks Eehrhard. I'm trying that but still having issues. Should I keep the quotes or not (have tried it both ways and had no luck).

Here is the path I am trying

my device/my documents/NOTES

That is EXACTLY how I have it typed in. Does anything look "wrong" about that? Any suggestions to tweak it?

The command line says:
\Windows\fexplore.Ink

Does that look good, too?

Thanks for your help.

K--
Old 04-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Verizon

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

download face contacts and add in as a plugin
Old 04-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA3SAR View Post
download face contacts and add in as a plugin
Thats what I did & it works great.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivorb View Post
Thanks Eehrhard. I'm trying that but still having issues. Should I keep the quotes or not (have tried it both ways and had no luck).

Here is the path I am trying

my device/my documents/NOTES

That is EXACTLY how I have it typed in. Does anything look "wrong" about that? Any suggestions to tweak it?

The command line says:
\Windows\fexplore.Ink

Does that look good, too?

Thanks for your help.

K--
I kinda messed up what I told you its \my documents\notes\ try that it should work. You do not need the my device in the link
Old 04-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Re: .lnk file collection

I'm not sure I understand what you want... On a guess, you mean you want to know shortcuts that can/should be created to programs that don't get created automatically?

IE The parameters needed to make a shortcut to run Mini Opera..

Is this what you are asking? Definately not a Registry Forum issue... More like Applications or Software fourms, or even the General Forum...

Last edited by psiphi; 04-15-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

i dont understand what u want either....if i catch what you want you wat specail tasks that can be assigned to buttons for easy access..if that is right install the advacned config that i attached to the bottom and then with that comes a folder full of shortcut .ink that you can assign to hardware buttons
Attached Files
File Type: zip AdvancedConfig_v1.1.CAB.zip (48.6 KB, 51 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

up2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuff

no im looking to create buttons on my today screen using Ultimate launch, that can; rotate screen, open settings, change brightness, mute phone ect.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Katahdin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
Thats what I did & it works great.
I have over 1500 contacts in my database. Does Face Contacts allow you to specify favorites? It looks like you have to scroll through all your contacts. I am just looking for a speed dialer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software