PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuTouch View Post
The icons I used were 32 x 32. Someone mentioned that I am supposed to make sure that the height of the tab is large enough for the icons you want to use. Maybe it's not, it was 4am when I messed with this stuff and I don't think my brain was working right at that time. I am going to reinstall it and look at it again.
That is true. You do have to have the tab height be equal to or greater than the since of the icos. Did icons work for programs and just not for the tabs?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T-Mobile Wing

croman513 is a n00b

This is an AWESOME program, thanks for posting about this eehrhard. I just have a question as to how to make the icons bigger on each page (tab). I think alot of my icons are 16x16? I just want them to be a lil bit larger, so In the settings config make the tabs higher than 32? Sorry to sound so noobish but this is my first dive into truly customizing to my liking as opposed to dloading some thing someone else set up
Old 04-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by croman513 View Post
This is an AWESOME program, thanks for posting about this eehrhard. I just have a question as to how to make the icons bigger on each page (tab). I think alot of my icons are 16x16? I just want them to be a lil bit larger, so In the settings config make the tabs higher than 32? Sorry to sound so noobish but this is my first dive into truly customizing to my liking as opposed to dloading some thing someone else set up
You can have any size of icons that you choose there are two things you need to do make sure of though.
  1. Your icon file supports the resolution that you are looking to display. I personally save all of my icons i create at 16X16, 24X24, 32x32 and 48x48 for my phone. This gives me ample choices for each item. I have found I like 32X32 for most of the apps as it is a good size for being able to still activate it with my finger without being too big
  2. You need to set in UL the size. This can be done either individually or as a group. You can set them all for 32x32 and then go make a couple bigger if you want. The .ico has to support the size that you are choosing or it will go to the closest size (ie you have a 16x16/32x32 icon file you cannot make UL 24x24 cause the ico doesnt have the and it will display 16x16 until you get to 32)
If you have an icon that doesnt have 32x32 or bigger only 16 you may want to look for a differnt icon as they scale down well in IconWorkshop but they do not scale up too well. So if you have a 72X72 for Vista you can definitely downsize it but the otherway could end up a blurry mess.

I hope that helps.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

SpecialAgentSicari is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to SpecialAgentSicari

Knowing that this site is filled with rom flashing junkies, like myself, is there any way to back up your settings so you dont have to reconfigure everything when you flash to a new rom?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croman513 View Post
You might try using Imagincon, its a great program, just drag and drop icons to it and it converts them.
http://www.deviouscodeworks.co.uk/imagicon.html
Old 04-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentSicari View Post
Knowing that this site is filled with rom flashing junkies, like myself, is there any way to back up your settings so you dont have to reconfigure everything when you flash to a new rom?
Of course there is! multiple ways actually. the easiest is to simply use sprite or another backup software app. the cheapest though is to manually back up the dll file in the UL directory along with your icon folder. Once you flashed and reinstalled UL just overwrite the dll and put the icons where they belong and you are set.

Last edited by eehrhard; 04-03-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ManuTouch is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
You can have any size of icons that you choose there are two things you need to do make sure of though.
  1. Your icon file supports the resolution that you are looking to display. I personally save all of my icons i create at 16X16, 24X24, 32x32 and 48x48 for my phone. This gives me ample choices for each item. I have found I like 32X32 for most of the apps as it is a good size for being able to still activate it with my finger without being too big
  2. You need to set in UL the size. This can be done either individually or as a group. You can set them all for 32x32 and then go make a couple bigger if you want. The .ico has to support the size that you are choosing or it will go to the closest size (ie you have a 16x16/32x32 icon file you cannot make UL 24x24 cause the ico doesnt have the and it will display 16x16 until you get to 32)
If you have an icon that doesnt have 32x32 or bigger only 16 you may want to look for a differnt icon as they scale down well in IconWorkshop but they do not scale up too well. So if you have a 72X72 for Vista you can definitely downsize it but the otherway could end up a blurry mess.

I hope that helps.

The icon I used was 32 x 32, but it still just refuses to accept it. I reinstalled UL again...for the third time, but this time grabbed the cab version which is in german...no biggie since I speak german, but just for ease of use sake, I'll get rid of it and get the english version back in.

Another problem that I am having is that if I assign the Touch's HTC Home Plugin, it doesn't show up completely, it's cut off on the right side. Not sure why.

I have a lot to learn yet with this thing!

Is it possible that the fact I haven't paid for it yet may cause some limitations?

Thanks for the help so far!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
That is true. You do have to have the tab height be equal to or greater than the since of the icos. Did icons work for programs and just not for the tabs?
LOL....I didn't get that far yet....hopefully I will have some time tonight to monkey with it....I have just been too busy with work to mess with it much.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
The icon I used was 32 x 32, but it still just refuses to accept it. I reinstalled UL again...for the third time, but this time grabbed the cab version which is in german...no biggie since I speak german, but just for ease of use sake, I'll get rid of it and get the english version back in.

Another problem that I am having is that if I assign the Touch's HTC Home Plugin, it doesn't show up completely, it's cut off on the right side. Not sure why.

I have a lot to learn yet with this thing!

Is it possible that the fact I haven't paid for it yet may cause some limitations?

Thanks for the help so far!
I dont think that the trial is crippled. I think that the only difference is the nag messages that show up on the unregistered version. I dont use HTC home but I know many here do with UL and dont have any issues. I would suggest using BatteryStatus with the HTC Home theme as it is much better with memory and way more customizable than HTC Home.

Quote:
LOL....I didn't get that far yet....hopefully I will have some time tonight to monkey with it....I have just been too busy with work to mess with it much.
There is a bit of a learning curve with UL but once you get it how you like it it is truly an amazing app.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, I got HTC Home to work...adjusted the border pixels, but I'll still take a look at what you suggested.

The icon issue is still there though. Where do you adjust the size of the tabs? By default, there are 8 tabs.... one is a clock, one is HTC Home, and then 6 tabs. I took a few tabs off in the hope that it will take the icon now, but still no go.

Very aggravating.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software