ManuTouch
PPCGeeks Regular

ManuTouch is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
You can have any size of icons that you choose there are two things you need to do make sure of though.
  1. Your icon file supports the resolution that you are looking to display. I personally save all of my icons i create at 16X16, 24X24, 32x32 and 48x48 for my phone. This gives me ample choices for each item. I have found I like 32X32 for most of the apps as it is a good size for being able to still activate it with my finger without being too big
  2. You need to set in UL the size. This can be done either individually or as a group. You can set them all for 32x32 and then go make a couple bigger if you want. The .ico has to support the size that you are choosing or it will go to the closest size (ie you have a 16x16/32x32 icon file you cannot make UL 24x24 cause the ico doesnt have the and it will display 16x16 until you get to 32)
If you have an icon that doesnt have 32x32 or bigger only 16 you may want to look for a differnt icon as they scale down well in IconWorkshop but they do not scale up too well. So if you have a 72X72 for Vista you can definitely downsize it but the otherway could end up a blurry mess.

I hope that helps.

The icon I used was 32 x 32, but it still just refuses to accept it. I reinstalled UL again...for the third time, but this time grabbed the cab version which is in german...no biggie since I speak german, but just for ease of use sake, I'll get rid of it and get the english version back in.

Another problem that I am having is that if I assign the Touch's HTC Home Plugin, it doesn't show up completely, it's cut off on the right side. Not sure why.

I have a lot to learn yet with this thing!

Is it possible that the fact I haven't paid for it yet may cause some limitations?

Thanks for the help so far!