PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007, 12:28 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Now I know why i didn't see it then. I downloaded a few themes and when i extracted them on my PC they each created subdirectories, but the readme.txt wasn't in the subdirectory. The readme.txt i have is for the stealth theme since i extracted that after chameleon. Oops.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN
Now I know why i didn't see it then. I downloaded a few themes and when i extracted them on my PC they each created subdirectories, but the readme.txt wasn't in the subdirectory. The readme.txt i have is for the stealth theme since i extracted that after chameleon. Oops.
Hey - that's a good point
From now on, I'm going to give the readme's unique names...
Old 01-17-2007, 02:02 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I vote for DontReadMe.txt

:P

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 01-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b
I happened to click the readme last night and to my surprise the information was there. but come on, who reads 'readme' anyways? lol

Old 01-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Hey Storyr, as you can see by the screen shot below the weather alert shows up on the left side of WP (under the cloud) but not in the integrated button bar. I'm sure that I don't have a file in the correct place...but which file?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Coz

Old 01-17-2007, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie
Hey Storyr, as you can see by the screen shot below the weather alert shows up on the left side of WP (under the cloud) but not in the integrated button bar. I'm sure that I don't have a file in the correct place...but which file?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Coz
Hey Coz - The alert graphic you see on the left (red exclamation point) is built-in WeatherPanel functionality. To get Chameleon-240 to indicated alerts in it's button bar, you need to install the ChamAlert alert icon folder, included in the zip file. You read the Readme.txt, right?

Code:
5.  Install the alert icon files as follows:

5.1  Unzip the ChamAlert files (use folder names)

5.1  Using the same method as above, copy the 
         ChamAlert folder (and it's contents) into
         each icon folder that you use. For example,
         if you use the Default and Dedication41 icon
         sets, your folders should look like:

- Program Files
           - MarsWare
             - WeatherPanel
               - data
               - Icons
                 - Dedication41
                   + ChamAlert
                   + Mini
                   + ChamAlert

Note: Some icon folders, depending on the install,
               may be installed in a location other than the
               example above.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Of course I read the ReadMe.txt . However the animated icon set that I'm using was located in Program Files/WeatherPanel. Instead of MarsWare/WeatherPanel... So after discovering that all is well and I thank you for your help.
Thanks mucho!
Late,
Coz
Old 01-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa1300cc
I happened to click the readme last night and to my surprise the information was there. but come on, who reads 'readme' anyways? lol
I hope I am not the only one but I always read the Readme.txt before I install anything.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

PootsworthIII is a n00b
Thanks OP, makes WP alot better. One question, is there any way to remove layouts from the cycle? So when I click the change layout button I don't have to see the lunar phase if I don't want to. Tried removing the layout files, but that just makes it throw an error of invalid layout file.

Thanks again for great work.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PootsworthIII
Thanks OP, makes WP alot better. One question, is there any way to remove layouts from the cycle? So when I click the change layout button I don't have to see the lunar phase if I don't want to. Tried removing the layout files, but that just makes it throw an error of invalid layout file.

Thanks again for great work.
Yes, you can - but you have to alter the layout file itself. Removing the files will only cause problems (as you found out). Some background info:

There are 7 layouts (a, b, c, e, f, g), and each layout file has a pointer to the next. The last layout, "g", points back to the first - "a".

Each layout file is duplicated 13 times - one for each color (01-13). Thus, the layout files are named accordingly: Chameleon_01a.wpl is color 1, layout "a", and so on.

The moon layout (the one you want to skip) is layout "g". So, to skip it, you'll need to modify the previous layout ("f") to point to "a", instead of "g". If you want to do this for all colors, you'll need to modify all 13 layout "f"'s (Chameleon_01f.wpl - Chameleon_13f.wpl).

Here's the mod: This example is for color 01. Open file Chameleon_01f.wpl. In the "Layout changer" section (near the top), modify the reference to point to "a" instead of "g".

Code:
- Layout changer
;WINDOW-0
#VOID#
Chameleon_01g.wpl
0,0,W,H
CHANGELAYOUT
becomes
Code:
- Layout changer
;WINDOW-0
#VOID#
Chameleon_01a.wpl
0,0,W,H
CHANGELAYOUT
Sorry for being so long-winded - you've probably already figured this out...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software