PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 02:20 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
I like the speed of Netfront's releases versus others.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
the title of this thread is what causes the confusion on this, but to be fair Opera wasnt too clear in conveying that it will only be demo'd today not publicly released...
Their press release cleary stated that a public beta would be released at a later time.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu
Im longing for this release! Hurry up Opera!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC 6800

Mkostera1 is keeping up the good workMkostera1 is keeping up the good work
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 08-14-2008, 12:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

birdy is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to birdy Send a message via MSN to birdy
Re: **Opera Mobile 9.5 to be released Feb. 11th

For those of you with Opera Mobile on your PPC:

Is anyone else having a problem where it automatically goes to landscape mode every tie you open the browser? It will load normal for me but as soon as it's fully loaded, it will switch itself to landscape mode. As a result, I have to slide my mogul down and then up again to fix it. It's just kind of obnoxious.

edit: nevermind. The problems I am having are mentioned on Opera's site and it's because I am using the beta. *slaps self*

Last edited by birdy; 08-14-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Uh seriously...with everybody and their mother now having skyfire because of all the Beta Codes floating around..Now might be a good time to dump Opera Mini...too buggy and too much trouble..besides once this app is released there will be no need for any other browser.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
Uh seriously...with everybody and their mother now having skyfire because of all the Beta Codes floating around..Now might be a good time to dump Opera Mini...too buggy and too much trouble..besides once this app is released there will be no need for any other browser.
This is Opera Mobile, not Opera Mini.

And having both been in the beta for Skyfire, using the beta 1 of Opera 9.5, and having Opera Mini for all the time. I would say Opera 9.5 Beta 1 is my preferred browser by far. Skyfire does a lot, but I have lots of problems with certain pages not loading right, or when you "move" the screen, it doesn't update all the way. Opera Mobile 9.5 does have it's problems, but overall I think it is a better choice, despite it not being able to play videos... but I never cared for that feature anways, although it's always nice having Skyfire as a backup incase the need does arise.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
This is Opera Mobile, not Opera Mini.

And having both been in the beta for Skyfire, using the beta 1 of Opera 9.5, and having Opera Mini for all the time. I would say Opera 9.5 Beta 1 is my preferred browser by far. Skyfire does a lot, but I have lots of problems with certain pages not loading right, or when you "move" the screen, it doesn't update all the way. Opera Mobile 9.5 does have it's problems, but overall I think it is a better choice, despite it not being able to play videos... but I never cared for that feature anways, although it's always nice having Skyfire as a backup incase the need does arise.
i'll have to agree, skyfire takes an extra second to focus when panning. plus the panning in opera is ELITE compared to skyfire... if only we could throw em together, we would have the ULTIMATE browser lol.

When opera 9.5 is officially out of beta, it will have the full java support for video viewing.

I just hope they get Pandora.com working with opera, cuz it won't work on on skyfire due to the inability to save java to storage, and thats what pandora does inorder to get you the next song so quickly. Pandora is MUCH more useful to me than viewing youtube as a whole. I use it at home ALL the time, i just wish i could use it in my car with my bluetooth fm transmitter.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

its odd, the leaked diamond versions are SO much better than the beta somehow. theres a ton of bugs in the beta but the leaked version seem to just work properly. i wasnt impressed by the beta, but the leaked versions run great which seems backwards on an earlier build

i think the main problem comes from trying to support a wide variety of devices vs one device it was honed to. If you have a touch or a pure touchscreen device the leaked versions work better than the beta right now
Old 08-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

does flash ready mean that it will behave just like skyfire does with video websites??? sweet! also does this mean that the raphael's opera will have flash?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software