View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:20 PM
syanni85
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **Opera Mobile 9.5 to be released Feb. 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
This is Opera Mobile, not Opera Mini.

And having both been in the beta for Skyfire, using the beta 1 of Opera 9.5, and having Opera Mini for all the time. I would say Opera 9.5 Beta 1 is my preferred browser by far. Skyfire does a lot, but I have lots of problems with certain pages not loading right, or when you "move" the screen, it doesn't update all the way. Opera Mobile 9.5 does have it's problems, but overall I think it is a better choice, despite it not being able to play videos... but I never cared for that feature anways, although it's always nice having Skyfire as a backup incase the need does arise.
i'll have to agree, skyfire takes an extra second to focus when panning. plus the panning in opera is ELITE compared to skyfire... if only we could throw em together, we would have the ULTIMATE browser lol.

When opera 9.5 is officially out of beta, it will have the full java support for video viewing.

I just hope they get Pandora.com working with opera, cuz it won't work on on skyfire due to the inability to save java to storage, and thats what pandora does inorder to get you the next song so quickly. Pandora is MUCH more useful to me than viewing youtube as a whole. I use it at home ALL the time, i just wish i could use it in my car with my bluetooth fm transmitter.