PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

InsertUserAlias is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
You've hit on the only real "weakness" of PI for our devices - it's a very dense display and is designed for stylus users (on traditional 3.5" PPC screens) rather than thumb-tappers on our little 2.8" phone screens. Compared to older versions, there have been some improvements for one-handed use using the soft keys, and I like these. I'm pretty sure future versions will be more touch-friendly.
From what I can tell, PI is an integrated PIM; there's no way to make it default for calendar but not for contacts.
You can make the contacts list a little more thumb-friendly by choosing Picture List in the View Options in contacts. (Doesn't help much for me because scrolling using the joystick is screwed up - so many settings to explore and fix.....)
Hahah. Alright, thanks for the info. I will try the picture list and see how that goes.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Mach30SiR is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
More details perhaps? Is you are trying to install the EXE file on the device you'll need to run it from the PC through ActiveSync.

If you want to install directly on the device, you'll need the CAB.
That was the fix, thanks!

For future reference, how could i have extracted just the cab to install on the phone? I noticed it installed a small amout of files in my c:\programfiles folder
Old 01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach30SiR View Post
That was the fix, thanks!

For future reference, how could i have extracted just the cab to install on the phone? I noticed it installed a small amout of files in my c:\programfiles folder
I used the option to have a text message sent to me with a direct link to the CAB, however, you can always run the EXE on your PC and usually find the CAB in C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\APP NAME HERE - but some other apps could use different directories.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 now, XV6700 in the before time
Carrier: Verizon

ksquake is a n00b
Shoot, I missed this opportunity. I do not want to break any rules here and I do not think I am since they were giving this away free so would someone perhaps post it up to the ftp here or email me a copy?

If this is out of line let me know and I will remove the request.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 12:05 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquake View Post
Shoot, I missed this opportunity. I do not want to break any rules here and I do not think I am since they were giving this away free so would someone perhaps post it up to the ftp here or email me a copy?

If this is out of line let me know and I will remove the request.

Thanks
The offer has ended and each person that got this received an individual registration code. They also asked for the device's Owner Name, so chances are the registration code is linked to the Owner Name.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 now, XV6700 in the before time
Carrier: Verizon

ksquake is a n00b
Oh well, thats what I get for not paying close enough attention. Next time I guess.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
start/settings/personal/today/items/Pocket Informant/Options/Appointments
i get nothing when i hit options....
and my activation code did not work....
Old 01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor
Yeah, I didn't get any option to change the number of days displayed on my homescreen either. Now that it's slowly filling up, this might be a nice option.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
Yeah, I didn't get any option to change the number of days displayed on my homescreen either. Now that it's slowly filling up, this might be a nice option.
yeah, i have an extensive calander, and to see everything from today and tomorrow on the screen, makes me mad. i only want the current day showing
Old 01-08-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

jrebo is keeping up the good workjrebo is keeping up the good work
Good marketing. Try this version for free because we are releasing a new version...

Pocket Informant 8 - Major New Release!
Pocket Informant brings order to your life. With a beautiful user interface that can be customized to your whims and is designed to help you see and manage your schedule and todos

http://minibrand.handango.com/minibr...authorId=51420

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software