PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
cant figure out how to not have my calander show on the home screen the calender entries for the next day. so today it shows tomorrows stuff.
i would like it to show the stuff for that day at midnight. not the whole day previous to the entry.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
cant figure out how to not have my calander show on the home screen the calender entries for the next day. so today it shows tomorrows stuff.
i would like it to show the stuff for that day at midnight. not the whole day previous to the entry.
Unlike the rest of the app, PI's Today plugin is very, very simple. For appointments, you have "Today's only" and "Today & tomorrow's".
You could probably customize TodayAgenda to give you exactly what you'd like.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
Unlike the rest of the app, PI's Today plugin is very, very simple. For appointments, you have "Today's only" and "Today & tomorrow's".
You could probably customize TodayAgenda to give you exactly what you'd like.
i have looked trough all the settings and i cant find that. where is it exactly?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 Mogul

Mach30SiR is a n00b
noob alert: when i install it it says its not a valid app....whats the fix
Old 01-06-2008, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

InsertUserAlias is just getting started
I dunno if anyone will be able to help me with this or not, but I was wondering if there was a way to have PI be my default calander but NOT over ride my default contacts list/viewer. If not, is there a way that you can make the contact entries in PI be about the same size as the ones in the default contact viewer. The entries in PI are far too small for me since I don't really use my stylus. Otherwise I love this program.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertUserAlias View Post
I dunno if anyone will be able to help me with this or not, but I was wondering if there was a way to have PI be my default calander but NOT over ride my default contacts list/viewer. If not, is there a way that you can make the contact entries in PI be about the same size as the ones in the default contact viewer. The entries in PI are far too small for me since I don't really use my stylus. Otherwise I love this program.
I think your best bet is NOT to make PI your default program, and then access it through the normal program menu.

For me, I access PI through my home screen so there is little reason to make it my default program for anything.

Now that I have the hang of scheduling tasks, this program is the best thing I've installed on my PPC.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

InsertUserAlias is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
I think your best bet is NOT to make PI your default program, and then access it through the normal program menu.

For me, I access PI through my home screen so there is little reason to make it my default program for anything.

Now that I have the hang of scheduling tasks, this program is the best thing I've installed on my PPC.
True. That is how I originally set up. I just tend to hit the damn calander button at the bottom instead of going into the apps tab on my today screen. I dunno why, I just forget the shortcut is there sometimes lol.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
i have looked trough all the settings and i cant find that. where is it exactly?
start/settings/personal/today/items/Pocket Informant/Options/Appointments
Old 01-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertUserAlias View Post
You've hit on the only real "weakness" of PI for our devices - it's a very dense display and is designed for stylus users (on traditional 3.5" PPC screens) rather than thumb-tappers on our little 2.8" phone screens. Compared to older versions, there have been some improvements for one-handed use using the soft keys, and I like these. I'm pretty sure future versions will be more touch-friendly.
From what I can tell, PI is an integrated PIM; there's no way to make it default for calendar but not for contacts.
You can make the contacts list a little more thumb-friendly by choosing Picture List in the View Options in contacts. (Doesn't help much for me because scrolling using the joystick is screwed up - so many settings to explore and fix.....)
Old 01-07-2008, 09:37 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach30SiR View Post
noob alert: when i install it it says its not a valid app....whats the fix
More details perhaps? Is you are trying to install the EXE file on the device you'll need to run it from the PC through ActiveSync.

If you want to install directly on the device, you'll need the CAB.

---
Don't forget to Search first!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software