PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant
Wow...I love this already..I think I would pay for this....

If I could just get this to make the photo bigger, which I think is very possible. I think we can actually change the main backdrop of the actual screen, so it could kinda go with a them.

Inside the cab file is a 0240x240.003 file. If you rename the 003 to jpg you get the actual image. I am not sure if the placement of the ID photo and information is in the file as well.

Anyone up for trying?

-Chris
Actually, just look in your CityID directory under Program Files. There is a file called ImageP.jpg which is the background and can be altered.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie
Just downloaded it for my 700wx. Can't get it to update my call log nor do I have reverse look up or the registration screen. Have performed a soft reset.
Later,
Coz
That's cause you done did it wrong or rather you're missing something.

It doesn't replace your Call Log on the device. It adds another once called CityID Call History located under your Programs directory!

That's where all this info is, that's where the registration screen can be found.

Also, you should have a \Program Files\CityID folder and a link in your Startup directory.

Mal, I do indeed have a the above folders. However, when I tap on the icon in the programs screen I can see City I'D start to run as the name comes up and replaces "Progams" at the top of the 700wx screen with "City ID". It acts like it's not fully loading or something. Same thing when I access it thru file explorer.
Strange.

Not sure why that would be then as I and others are having no issues.

Maybe a uninstall/reinstall or there is something fluky with your setup?

Of course the actual cityid.exe won't run, but only the callhistory .exe will.

What happens when a call comes in?

Hey Mal:
I uninstalled and then reinstalled City ID. However the same problems/issues persist. I still have City ID Call History in my program folder but when I try to open it nothing happens. I do have the City ID call screen when I have an incoming call.
Here's what I'm running on the 700wx:
Mavick Hidelogo
Today Agenda
Micorsoft Live Search
SK Tools
NET CF 2.0
Treo Central Community Reset
O2 Plus
Picsel Browser
dmig Dictionary Editor
WP-Pilot
Resco Picture Viewer
MemMaid
Map for PDA
Sprite
WP
Flash Player ActiveX
Arcsof MMS
Keylight
UI Tweaker
Old 12-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work
How do we get to change the size the of caller ID picture. It still shows up small on mine eventhough I selected a large picture. Any ideas?
Old 12-04-2006, 02:29 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
I am not sure this is as editable as we think, and hope.

I believe that the information displayed (contact name and photo placement) are part of the .jpg.

I changed mine )ImageP.jpg and it would not longer display my contact name from my phone book.

Anyone else play with this?

-Chris
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
This program caused connectivity issues for my GSM 3G phone. My data network would connect fine, but after a phone call it would not re-connect. not sure where u found this app Mal, but if you can let the developer know about my issue. I am 85 percent certain this app was the problem.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to xclusiv_1
mal, or anyone that can answer this, when my phone rings it just displays the phn # and location, it doesn't provide the name of the caller even though they are stored in my phone as a contact... how can ii fix this?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusiv_1
mal, or anyone that can answer this, when my phone rings it just displays the phn # and location, it doesn't provide the name of the caller even though they are stored in my phone as a contact... how can ii fix this?
To everyone having issues:

I don't know! /

It is a beta so it makes sense that some might have issues though I do not know why some do and some don't (works for me with no problems).

All I can suggest it a hard-reset and try it and I'll bet it'll be okay but I don't really know of any "fixes".

As far as contacting Cequint who makes the app, I tried weeks ago to even ask about this Beta and never heard a peep from them so I have no idea have to give them feedback

Sorry I can't be of more help here.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I know, but you posted it as beta, and I reported a bug that I found. Figured if anyone could spread the word to others you could.

In any case, anyone with a GSM device USE WITH CAUTION! If you have connectivity issues then this program is the cause.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
I was able to tweak the incoming call screen. It now loads with a picture of my son.

I also still get a picture if the caller is in my phone book, etc.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to xclusiv_1
o.k. i got everthing to work correctly by uninstalling the application, running memmaid, soft reset, then reinstall... and all works fine now w/ no probs...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software