PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i wonder with this ics if it will work the same on the new moto q9c as its built into the rom...and if so...will it run like the mogul and not incur a charge for data...

Old 12-04-2007, 11:03 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_venga View Post
i dont have any issues with this, i have activesync disabled from startup programs and it runs just fine on all the pcs i commonly use, which are home, work and laptop. i use bluetooth theter at work most of the time but right now im using usb.
at least i thx you for getting the drivers out of it, i was thinking the same thing few days ago.
Activesync may be disabled, but it's still installed, yes activesync does not need to be running, but when it's installed the necessay drivers & such are installed to allow ICS to work.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
Activesync may be disabled, but it's still installed, yes activesync does not need to be running, but when it's installed the necessay drivers & such are installed to allow ICS to work.
this is my situation also. sorry if my earlier post was a little misleading. having said that though i could swear that i ran ics on my laptop before i installed acticesync. maybe i'm just not remembering right
Old 01-04-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache,Titan,Treo 700w,750w,800w,TP,Fuze,TP2,Hero
Carrier: Sprint / AT&T
Threadstarter

relux is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to relux
Sorry I was MIA. You do NOT need activesync in any fashion to do this. It doesnt have to be installed at any time.

You simply run the update.exe I linked in OP, start internet sharing, plug in phone, use the supplied driver and thats it.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache,Titan,Treo 700w,750w,800w,TP,Fuze,TP2,Hero
Carrier: Sprint / AT&T
Threadstarter

relux is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to relux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Yeah, but suppose I want to tether with a different computer like a friend's laptop, and I'd rather not install activesync on their computer?

ICS without Activesync would be great.

-Ed
This is EXACTLY what the first post says and help to do. You do not need ActiveSync. Read the first post.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:03 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
i think what the person is trying to say, is that if they went to a friends house that didnt have the internet, it would be nice to just sync up with bluetooth/usb and teather on the spot, unless you carried these files on the phone with you at all times. which for many im sure is an option, but i have a tiny 1GB card in my touch and that things almost full already :-p
Old 04-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Lurker

DONU is a n00b
Re: WM6 Internet Sharing without ActiveSync

are these hotfix programs installed on the labtop PC or the mogul? I am confused.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Any chance someone could host those two files again- thanks

To answer my own request the files can also be found herehttp://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=44

Last edited by jimmyz; 04-29-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

IT_4_Hire is a n00b

Hello Everyone, great forum!

Does anyone have needed drivers and instructions for the following:

Sprint Mogul Pocket PC with Latest Sprint Firmware which includes GPS, etc.

This is on a Window Vista 64 Bit Laptop

Setting up Internet Connection Sharing using:
USB Cable
Blue Tooth

Thank you for any advice and/or drivers.

Dave
Old 07-18-2008, 03:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Proximus (Belgium)

antarex is a n00b

Thanks a lot, i definitively do not want to install the whole Active Sync on a laptop with only 4Gb SSD disk (Asus EEE) !

My PPC is syncronized over the air with an Exchange server, i do not need activesync, i just use it on another computer to install apps because many of them are not available as .cab.

I confirm that with XP SP3 i've only installed the RNDIS drivers without the hotfix, it should be included with SP3.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software