PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Media Remote (freeware)

Nice app works pretty good with no lag and win media player support soon...I love this because its free. I have an app like this currently because I have a deck with speakers outside and hated going all the way in the house to change the playlist....
What is Media Remote?

Media Remote is software that enables you to remotely control media (MP3/Video) playback on your computer. It is created to enforce laziness - using Media Remote on your Smartphone it is possible to change song that is playing on computer from comfort of your bed. Also it can be handy if you are living in duplex home and have speakers all around the house (I evny you) and want to showoff. Remote control of video playback is one additional useful funcionality that comes to mind.

It only works with Winamp... http://www.winamp.com/ Which is free as well.

How to get it?

You just need to click on this link, download zip. (its attached) To run it you need to install .NET Framework 2.0 on your your computer and mobile device while having Winamp as default MP3/Video player. If you are having problems installing it, click here for detailed guide.
How much it costs?

Laziness is free so -> Media Remote is freeware.
When it's free why did you wasted your time creating it?

Well, as it is said - time you enjoy wasting is not wated time. I really love to develop software and seeing that people find something I created as useful is a big motivator.
Who are you?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ptomasevic. Nice to meet you
Hey, Media Remote is great! But is it possible to implement...

If you are having suggestions drop them to mediaremote@yahoo.com; I'll be glad to implement good ideas. Here is couple of things that are planed for future releases:
  • Windows Media Player support
  • Symbian client
  • Apple iPhone client
Attached Files
File Type: zip MediaRemote_1_.zip (326.3 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!

Last edited by rdavidsmith; 06-01-2009 at 07:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:17 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Media Remote (freeware)

+1 for laziness!!!!!! I would have +1'ed for the app too but im too lazy. Wait ... Now I'm tired

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

Last edited by nxtech3; 06-01-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

Nice job. I would try it but my cable is all the way across the room, and well...thats allot of work now that I have become all comfortable on the couch.

One thing, those buttons and the songs look kinda small, I would hate for this app to not get the use it deserves because us lazy bastards cant go through the trouble of pulling the stylus out.

Thanks!

Oh, and Palm support (I know, I know) would make my wife superbly happy.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0
Threadstarter

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah the buttons is the one thing I don't like...even in the YouTube vid on the developers site he uses a stylus

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software