PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2006, 05:05 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
thanks mygogo glad you found the problem I was havin... thanks for the quick responses glad I could help ...
Old 12-16-2006, 04:26 AM
Lurker

opu5 is a n00b
I tried version 1.1 of MagiCall and found it couldn't do the one thing I needed - forward SMSes which I received to another mobile number.

Currently, it can "send an sms" to another mobile number upon receiving an SMS, but not to fwd the SMS itself.

Can the developer look into providing this functionality?

Thanks,

ac
Old 12-16-2006, 05:01 AM
Lurker

opu5 is a n00b
I take back my earlier post - I just found out from the developers' website (and after reading the documentation) that SMS forwarding is possible with the use of the {message} and {phone} wildcards.

my bad....

Old 12-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Lurker

mygogo is a n00b
Hi all, I have released version 1.2 final.
You can download it from my website:
www.magisoftwarehouse.com/downloads.html

Please feel free to try.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Dude, I was getting bogus restricted calls at 2 am the other night, really ticked me off. I found this app on another site, and now every time I get a call on my 6700 and the caller ID is blocked, it doesn't even RING! Just answers and immediately hangs up on the caller. All they hear is a little click in their earpiece. No more harassing phone calls, they don't even get to leave an obscene message on my voice mail! I'm sold on this app, it should've been built into the operating system anyway.

~KC
Old 01-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Update:

There is a small bug for use Palm Threaded SMS users who want to use the SMS/Auto-reply feature for Action 2:

Set the SMS receipt as 123456789 instead of (123)456-789.

The developer will release a patch in the future but this should get around it till then.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chuque is a n00b
I installed this app as a "light" solution that reportedly worked well with phonealarm. and it seems to do that and works well for blocking the one harassing caller I have. However it seem to lock up both memmaid and task manager when they launch or try to get a process list. I have tested by exiting magicall and trying again and everything works as normal.

I went to the magicall website and didn't see a support forum there so I hope this reaches the developer, or maybe someone has seen this issue and has a quick workaround, I am on day 1 of my 7 day trial.

thanks
Old 01-14-2007, 03:34 AM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuque
I installed this app as a "light" solution that reportedly worked well with phonealarm. and it seems to do that and works well for blocking the one harassing caller I have. However it seem to lock up both memmaid and task manager when they launch or try to get a process list. I have tested by exiting magicall and trying again and everything works as normal.

I went to the magicall website and didn't see a support forum there so I hope this reaches the developer, or maybe someone has seen this issue and has a quick workaround, I am on day 1 of my 7 day trial.

thanks

I use MemMaid, AE Button Plus w/ Task manager, the standard task manager and the SKTools process viewer, etc. and never had an issue. This is also the 1st I've seen this reported...

Maybe just a fluke on your device?

Could you try this: do a backup w/ whatever you use and hard reset with just installing MagiCall and see if you have any issues? I'm thinking there is definitely a conflict but nothing as simple as 1:1 program.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chuque is a n00b
well I went ahead and and tested this for you, hard reset, installed junkfree extrom, installed memmaid, and magicall 1,2 and am getting the same results. My gut feeling on this is it is a trial Vs registered issue based on the fact you aren't seeing this problem, and the trial period popup I am getting. I am tempted to search the net for a reg code to test my theory as I do like this software but am not willing to pay 25 bucks to test this theory out.

on a side note this is the first time I have used my phone in almost a year w/o all the skins and eyecandy. Man these phones are ugly when stock.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuque
well I went ahead and and tested this for you, hard reset, installed junkfree extrom, installed memmaid, and magicall 1,2 and am getting the same results. My gut feeling on this is it is a trial Vs registered issue based on the fact you aren't seeing this problem, and the trial period popup I am getting. I am tempted to search the net for a reg code to test my theory as I do like this software but am not willing to pay 25 bucks to test this theory out.

on a side note this is the first time I have used my phone in almost a year w/o all the skins and eyecandy. Man these phones are ugly when stock.
could very well be.

you may also want to contact the developer here (email listed):
http://www.magisoftwarehouse.com/contact.html

and see what he says about the issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software