PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice app for WM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottago View Post
Garbage? A little harsh don't you think?
No, not harsh and yes you can SMS with it. The dialers only give you the option to make calls with your google voice number. They don't support most of the functionality of Google Voice, thus they are useless to many people, just like garbage.
GVV is the only Google Voice app for WinMo that supports more than just dialing that I've found.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch/ Touch Pro 2

gottago is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
No, not harsh and yes you can SMS with it. The dialers only give you the option to make calls with your google voice number. They don't support most of the functionality of Google Voice, thus they are useless to many people, just like garbage.
GVV is the only Google Voice app for Win Mo that supports more than just dialing that I've found.
Hmm.... Seems to me the inference is that the developers of this 'garbage' have wasted their time because GVV is 'THE ANSWER'.

GVV may be a more complete application in your eyes, as well as others, but, to claim someone else's hard work is 'garbage', just because it doesn't have the functionality YOU deem necessary, is both closed minded and rude.

If we can't applaud the work of independent developers, maybe we should not say anything at all? ...just sayin'...
Old 07-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

AHH I get it now Thanks! hehe

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottago View Post
Hmm.... Seems to me the inference is that the developers of this 'garbage' have wasted their time because GVV is 'THE ANSWER'.

GVV may be a more complete application in your eyes, as well as others, but, to claim someone else's hard work is 'garbage', just because it doesn't have the functionality YOU deem necessary, is both closed minded and rude.

If we can't applaud the work of independent developers, maybe we should not say anything at all? ...just sayin'...
Sorry, I'll call the WAAAAAHHHmbulance for you.

A dialer does not constitute a Google Voice app. Also let's go back to the quote, Mr. Sensitive. "All of these supposed 'google voice apps' are garbage compared to GVV." I open Google Voice on my PC and I see my inbox. A Google Voice app should do the same, thus giving visual voicemail functionality. The functionality EVERYONE deems necessary plus the dialer and other features. In comparison, all those dialers are obsolete, worthless, and ready for the trash can. I'd say my assesment was pretty spot on and so do many others. If your feelings were hurt, crying about it isn't going to make it better. Rub some dirt on it like a real man and upgrade your crappy "google voice app."

Once again that's http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=671086

Google Visual Voicemail by Sl4sher
Old 08-31-2010, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

mike99 is just getting started

Hello,

I have read the whole thread, but still have a question.

A few days ago, Google rolled out Gchat (I think that is the name), allowing to make free calls using VOIP from inside gmail to the US/Canada.

I tested it on my PC, and it works well. Now I was wandering if I can use this service from my TP2.

I opened the gmail account from Opera browser and tried to call, but the calls do not go thru. What is the best app to allow me to make calls from gmail using WiFi from my TP2?

Thanks you very much.

Mike
Old 12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
Hello,

I have read the whole thread, but still have a question.

A few days ago, Google rolled out Gchat (I think that is the name), allowing to make free calls using VOIP from inside gmail to the US/Canada.

I tested it on my PC, and it works well. Now I was wandering if I can use this service from my TP2.

I opened the gmail account from Opera browser and tried to call, but the calls do not go thru. What is the best app to allow me to make calls from gmail using WiFi from my TP2?

Thanks you very much.

Mike
Yeah i'm seeking this answer too. been trying all sorts of crap from fring to google voice "dialers" none of them seem to use wifi only. cept fring and skype which charge. I guess its an alternative if there is nothing out there, but would like to be able to use google voice like I can from a pc. DARN IT!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:38 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Google Visual Voicemail (GVV) has been updated to v0.7* (12/27/10) Now with more Stuff Fixed. Get it HERE

Donations accepted not expected!

Old 01-09-2011, 04:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Google Visual Voicemail (GVV) has been updated to v0.7* (12/27/10) Now with more Stuff Fixed. Get it HERE
Does this app use Google Voice as a VOIP provider (using Google Talk) ? Just like I can dial out on my computer and make a phone call with my speakers and microphone ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 01-09-2011, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Does this app use Google Voice as a VOIP provider (using Google Talk) ? Just like I can dial out on my computer and make a phone call with my speakers and microphone ?

I don't think so. If you read the last several posts in the XDA thread it says Google Voice has to call your phone so I don't see any advantage other than the person you call should see your Google Voice number instead of your cell number. Still gonna use minutes...
Old 01-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HP iPAQ rx5915

gotok is a n00b

I use sipgate and a VOIP softphone by portSIP on my HTC TP2 to make Google Voice calls over the 3g data network. I initiate calls from my Opera browser (i.e. Google Voice Inbox). Not the most convenient method, but not too bad, and since I have unlimited data, I can make unlimited Google Voice calls.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software