PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2006, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WP-Pilot - One handed navigation of WeatherPanel!

WP-Pilot v2.0 has been released. Get it here.
---------------------------------------
Announcing WP-Pilot ... from UranusWare!
A Today plugin developed by yours truly that allows one-handed navigation/control (via the d-pad) of the WeatherPanel.

-

Overview
  • The plugin is one pixel in height, and when activated, displays a pointer over the WeatherPanel plugin.

Moving the d-pad left or right will move the pointer over each "clickable" item on the WeatherPanel layout.

Press the center d-pad to activate.

Moving the d-pad up or down will move to the next/previous plugin.

The WP-Pilot options allows some "skinning" - you can change colors and pointer types to match your overall theme.
Bonus!
  • The WP-Pilot options window contains a section called WeatherPanel settings. These are a subset of the actual WeatherPanel options. You know, those that many people have trouble finding because you have to scroll to see them. For example, some folks may not even know the layouts have arrows to change cities - that option is turned off by default and not visible unless you scroll down to it. Also found here are the WeatherPanel Units - for our Canadian and Italian friends
Installation.
  • Prerequisite: You must have WeatherPanel installed. Get it here.

Depending on your preference, I've attached both CAB and EXE setup files (readme.txt file included).

1. Setup method: Copy WP-PilotSetup_1_0.exe to your PC and run it. It will install WP-Pilot to your device. CAB file method: Copy WP-Pilot_1_0.CAB to your device and run it using File explorer.

2. Open the Today settings (Start -> Options -> Personal -> Today) and access the Items tab.

3. Check the box next to WP-Pilot and move it (Move Up/Move Down) directly above or below WeatherPanel.

4. Click the Options button to access WP-Pilot's options settings.
FAQ
  • Q: My clock disappears from the title bar when WP-Pilot is active - why?

A: Go to Settings -> Personal -> Clocks & Alarms. Select the More tab, and check Display the clock on the title bar in all programs.

Q: I'm using Tabs-240. When I choose the Lunar tab, why does WP-Pilot still acts as if it's on the Main tab - moving the pointer around over things that aren't there?

A: When using tabs, WeatherPanel switches to a different layout. WP-Pilot doesn't know this and goes along thinking it's on the origninal layout. No problem though - it will still know where the tabs are - so you can get back to the main tab!

Q: Does WP-Pilot work with PocketBreeze?

A: Not sure yet. (input from PocketBreeze experts here?)
------------------------------------
WP-Pilot v2.0 has been released. Get it here.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
wow this looks neat! Im sure all the weatherpanel users will like this!
Thanks for sharing,
Mike

Old 11-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I've been using it for days and it works very well.

It's a great addition to WP with no loss of anything: it's tiny, it's efficient and it plain works!

Great release
Old 11-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I too have been using this for the past few days. And I must say it's a must for any WP user.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
damn...I love WP. It just gets better and better. Big thanks to everyone who keeps the good stuff coming.
Later,
Coz

sent from my 700wx from Maui!
Old 11-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wow, good job storyr! You know how many times I want to update and hit the radar instead? hahah
Old 11-20-2006, 11:53 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Wow that was fast!!! Didn't even let me test the beta copy I received, lol!

Awesome work! Thanks for everything you all do!

EDIT: I see on the demo that you get the pointer to go over the Refresh icon, it doesn't do it on mine though. I moved my icon a little manually, any way this affected WP-Pilot's ability to control it???

Loving the app btw!!!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-21-2006, 04:00 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
thanks works very well... but i got another question... i noticed on your gif you have the two little arrows... im using the same skin and i dont have them. i looked at the wpl file and see that they r in there but just dont show up? also is it normal if i have 2 citys (school and home) and it just auto switches back and forth every 20 sec or so. i just want it to be on the one while im in that city. help?
Old 11-21-2006, 04:02 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
There's an option to have it cycle through your cities, you can turn it off. Also, you can set it up to show the arrows thus allowing you to change cities at will.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:13 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
i feel like such a moron!!! it was farther down on the screen than i could see... had to go thru today settings and get to the weather panel options that way i could see the scroll bars and sure enough there were the options.

thanks pibe!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software