PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LEDUp - Simple LED control program

Original Thread here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=283302

I Do NOT Know what devices this works on!

USE AT OWN RISK!

(post results HERE and XDA. The developer does not come here so don't as for requests, etc. You won't get any.)

From _TB_TB_
Hello!
I've written a simple, command-line controlled LED/VIbe control program. You can enable/disable the LEDs (at least partially...), the same goes to the vibe engine (if it is reported by the OS as LED).
It can be obtained HERE

As it may be obvious to some of us, there are not all diodes available for software control, thus please run 'LEDUp Help' to run the test, which LED is which, and if vibe is reported as LED.

The default setup program creates some shortcuts. The 'vibe' may be misleading, cause on some (most?) devices LED1 is not a vibe at all

Oh, well... just try it, if you wish...
Attached Files
File Type: zip led_740.zip (10.8 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So close If you have voice mail or missed call present then turning ledup on
the led blinks .When clearing out the message/ voice mail led stops blinking .When call or voice mail incoming- no led notifaction Pretty close.How hard would that be to tie the led to blink when the call missed /voice mail icon apears malatesta?????I may give this a shot.It may take me a few months and a burned up wx hahahah
once again I want to Thank you for keeping your eye out for the led reminder.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treo_newb
How hard would that be to tie the led to blink when the call missed /voice mail icon apears malatesta?????I may give this a shot.It may take me a few months and a burned up wx hahahah
once again I want to Thank you for keeping your eye out for the led reminder.
Probably not too hard seeing as PhoneAlarm basically already does this (blinking LED for missed...everythings, just no Service blinking).

But I have no idea what registry entries are made to do this.

FYI, people have reported simply installing and setting up PA for blinkined LEDs and then uninstalling the entire app, leaves behind those LED changes (though no one can find them). So you could try that.

Or just speak with _TB_TB_ as he seems to know this stuff.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
I went into PA trying to find the led settings in the reg hmmmm my eyes are killing me .I did leave TB_TB_ a message asking him about adding that option.You have to admitt That would be great piece of light software giving you led control.very simple yet effective for the wx
Old 11-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Has anyone tried this on a 700wx yet?

I currently have Phone Alarm installed, but its more than what I need. I basically want the LED to flash if I have a voicemail, text, or a missed call until I clear the alert.

I currently have Phone Alarm setup to repeat the alert, but that can get a little annoying to me.

That's all I want the LED to do, but I haven't found a way to do it yet.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Not worth the download for your needs mindfrost82.I feel your pain.It seems the builder has droped out so PA is the only way for now.Dont get me wrong ,PA is great software and getting better every day but like you I want to run something light.Bruce said he would work on it first of the year.My fingers are crossed
Old 11-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Threadstarter

try talking to Vijay555 over at XDA. He doesn't have a Treo but still might be able to help out.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:04 PM
N00b

MsTreoDiva is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82
Has anyone tried this on a 700wx yet?

I currently have Phone Alarm installed, but its more than what I need. I basically want the LED to flash if I have a voicemail, text, or a missed call until I clear the alert.

I currently have Phone Alarm setup to repeat the alert, but that can get a little annoying to me.

That's all I want the LED to do, but I haven't found a way to do it yet.
I just installed it and thats great it blinks constantly! You guys are great thanks!
Old 11-26-2006, 04:37 PM
N00b

MsTreoDiva is a n00b
I notice though that when I did a soft reset it stopped blinking and I had to go enable it. Is there anyway I can go to the regedit to select it permantly?
Old 11-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTreoDiva
I notice though that when I did a soft reset it stopped blinking and I had to go enable it. Is there anyway I can go to the regedit to select it permantly?
no.

wouldn't it be easier to just copy/past a the LED shortcut to your \Windows\Startup directory?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software