PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touc pro
Carrier: sprint

shaakezula is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tried searching this but how to export contacts list

so i have a 4 gig storage card and i have less that 500kb left on the main memory i have tried to delete everything i could but to no avail i just cant or dont know how so i want to restore my fone to factory settings but wish to export my contact list to my pc or storage card could someone please tell me how to do this?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Well the first thing to do is get something like SKTools or MemMaid. Both of these will easily allow you to clear out your PIE temp files and cookies. Additionally you should check your photos/videos. Those are memory killers. Move your photos/vids to your storage card and change your camera settings to store all pics/vids to your storage card.
Next clear out any old text messages and emails.

Do the above steps and report back.

late,
Cox
Old 10-22-2007, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i moved all pics and videos to storage card..deleted all text messages in the inbox..outbox..semt box..deleted box (pheew) lol and ringtones synxhed my phone to my pc (ppc6700 phone) deleted old notes i had svaed basically everything i feel i dont need and have less than 1mb of storage on the main memoryand have the cam path set to storage card..i just cant figure out how to export the contact list
Old 10-22-2007, 01:59 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Did you try SKTools or MemMaid to delete temp files?

As far as exporting your contacts... run a search for PIM Backup or simply sync with your PC.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i tried the free memaid trial but i couldn't figure out how to work it once it was installed
and my fone is synched to my pc but i never use outlook which maybe the problem? ill give sktools a try would i find that app here?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:21 PM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Use Google, you may find discussion about it here, but they all link to their site as far as I can remember.

However, MemMaid is more user friendly than SKTools, so that may be an issue.

And yes, you would need Outlook on your PC to sync your contacts from POutlook via ActiveSync.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
your contacts are automatically synced to your pc every time you plug it in unless you set it up to not do it. so chances are more than likely that just plugging in your phone and letting it sync up, your contacts will be saved to the computer. then with all you important files backed up on your memory card, a hard reset will get you right back to factory default. then just plug the phone in and and let it sync again, it'll import all your contacts right back to your phone. hope that helped.

Last edited by imneveral0ne; 10-22-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well the fone IS syched to my pc i just never use outlook never liked it using it, so wehn i plug my fone into the pc it synchs automatically just lookin for a way to export the contacts to it so i can do a hard reset or export it to my storage card ya know
Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 PM
The Enforcer

I think you are better off searching for PIMBackup, I have never used it, but have heard it's simple and it works.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
I think you are better off searching for PIMBackup, I have never used it, but have heard it's simple and it works.
PIMBackup works great. It lets you schedule automatic backups and select how many backups to keep and where to keep them. I have mine set to backup nightly at 3AM to my storage card. Easily restored after last hard reset. Very user friendly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software