PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Windows Mobile HTC Registry Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69185)

nmhusa 08-03-2009 09:53 AM

Re: Htc Touch Pro Registry Tweaks

Quote:

Originally Posted by orionsbuckle (Post 928177)
dude some of those regedits are nice but um im wondering how much is already done in the new mightymike rom....

I ran through the first post and about half were already there in Might 6.5. As some were note, I entered those to see what happens. Notably Glyphecache was at a very low level, and as far as I recall, in all my older devices i.e PPC6700 and 6800 that provided the most notable speed increase at the expense of available memory (of which the TP has plenty to spare).

techguru 08-03-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksg (Post 1061292)
Just to keep them all in one place, here are two tweaks that I thought others would want to know:

1. Disable HTC dialer/Tachi. The stock/default Windows Mobile dialer isn't quite as pretty, but it is functional and uses up about 10MB less of RAM. There are also many themes developed for it if you wish.
(Please note, depending on your rom the ## codes many not function with the stock/default dialer. YMMV!)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin
Change the value of 'Enabled' from 1 to 0.

Credit: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...86&postcount=1

You have solved my Program Memory issues. 9 meg recovered!!! Awesome.

Alan

psycho_maniac 08-03-2009 02:51 PM

Finally got around to adding that to the OP :D
nobody bothered tot ell me i had glyphcache on there twice?? i removed the one i assumed was wrong.

pastert33 08-07-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1078966)
Finally got around to adding that to the OP :D
nobody bothered tot ell me i had glyphcache on there twice?? i removed the one i assumed was wrong.

I meant to say something(actually thought I did) but I guess I forgot!

jaybazzi33 08-08-2009 09:57 AM

how do i do all this? sorry im new at this . were do i put the "HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA\Signal StrengthLevel" is there somthing i have to download to my phone?

pastert33 08-08-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybazzi33 (Post 1088776)
how do i do all this? sorry im new at this . were do i put the "HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA\Signal StrengthLevel" is there somthing i have to download to my phone?

You need a registry editor. Google that, there are some free ones but the one I use is resco explorer. Should be a noob guide in the touch pro forum, prob. a good idea to read through that.

psycho_maniac 08-08-2009 01:37 PM

i like total commander

ksg 08-08-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastert33 (Post 1088871)
You need a registry editor. Google that, there are some free ones but the one I use is resco explorer. Should be a noob guide in the touch pro forum, prob. a good idea to read through that.

I'm a fan of DotFred's Task Manager: http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

It has a great registry editor (among other things). The ipconfig, ping, and netstat utilities, etc. are all useful.

Biker1 08-09-2009 01:39 AM

+1 for DotFred. Great software!

ksg 08-10-2009 12:58 PM

Two more:

1. Internet speed tweak:

Quote:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings\
Change the key MaxConnectionsPerServer from 4 to 50
This will change the maximum number of simultaneous connections from 4 to 50.

2. Change the name of your phone/Windows Mobile device from the registry:

Quote:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Ident
Name = Device name
Desc = Device description
If you want to build this later into a user OEM, etc...

psycho_maniac 08-10-2009 01:06 PM

is that internet one for internet explorer or just internet in general? i use opera

ksg 08-10-2009 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1092170)
is that internet one for internet explorer or just internet in general? i use opera

Some programs still may use Internet Explorer for its back-end. So even though you may have Opera is your default browser, it is still a tweak that may be helpful.

I do have this Opera tweak though: "After using Opera Mobile and exiting the application, you might notice in your Task Manager (other than HTC Task Manager) that its process is still running in the background until you kill it ( I think its mostly when the device is running TouchFlo 3D )."

Quote:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera\Preload
Change the value of “RealExit” from “0” to “1”
"This would prevent Opera Mobile’s process from staying memory resident after exiting the application and forcing it to really exit, thus clearing up some memory space. In case you don’t have this registry hierarchy, create it. RealExit should be DWord."

Source (also source for cab): http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2009/01/...ra-mobile.html

pastert33 08-10-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1092170)

That is for internet in general. I remember reading that over 10 would not do anything(say you set it to 40, but will give you effects as if you set it to 10)?? Maybe I'm wrong but I've got mine set to 10.

psycho_maniac 08-10-2009 01:56 PM

about that realexit registry. for some reason when i set that (which is already set but i set it to 0 then 1 again. it does not work

i think its my rom as i have had other strange problems with it but im too layz to hard reset

tangerine0469 08-11-2009 03:37 PM

quick dumb one for you guys. i tryed the performance boost on my verizon touch pro and it worked great for about 2 hours and now everything is slow.when i bring up messaging and clic on a conversation it takes like 30-60 seconds to unfreeze. any thoughts?

pastert33 08-11-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerine0469 (Post 1094738)
quick dumb one for you guys. i tryed the performance boost on my verizon touch pro and it worked great for about 2 hours and now everything is slow.when i bring up messaging and clic on a conversation it takes like 30-60 seconds to unfreeze. any thoughts?

I'd say soft reset...maybe it's something else that you did?

pastert33 08-11-2009 07:10 PM

I really think this should be added to the first page. Myself and many others have had trouble answering the phone with the tachi dialer. This seems to have fixed my problem. I didn't make this fix, just found it.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings], make sure SuspendResume is set to #777 (not anything containing GPRS). This issue seems to be related to Advanced Config

tangerine0469 08-11-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastert33 (Post 1095097)
I'd say soft reset...maybe it's something else that you did?

that was the only tweak i did](*,). i dont understand how that could have screwed it up. i think i am just going to flash a new rom onto it after the hard reset i did after my earlier post. thank god for back up software!!!

psycho_maniac 08-11-2009 09:21 PM

added that one for you pastert33 :D also added a new one about how to get opera to not use the Gsensor. its nice when you lay in bed and browse the web.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerine0469 (Post 1095338)
that was the only tweak i did](*,). i dont understand how that could have screwed it up. i think i am just going to flash a new rom onto it after the hard reset i did after my earlier post. thank god for back up software!!!

hmm if more people report problems ill just remove that one

aaronvlee 08-12-2009 04:10 AM

[deleted] misposted :P

Rustyman14 08-13-2009 02:55 PM

Does anyone know how to make my txt messages longer than 150 characters??? Is there a reg edit for it??

Negrito 08-13-2009 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustyman14 (Post 1099142)
Does anyone know how to make my txt messages longer than 150 characters??? Is there a reg edit for it??

Not sure if its a reg edit per say, but i have the cab to set it to 160...

psycho_maniac 08-13-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustyman14 (Post 1099142)

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SMS\TextShared\
set "IS637MaxAsciiCharacters" to "160"

Negrito 08-13-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1099417)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SMS\TextShared\
set "IS637MaxAsciiCharacters" to "160"

Any clue if its possible to set higher than 160?

madcook 08-14-2009 05:09 AM

no not my knowledge it will send more than mess if its over 160 i think its a service thing .you can set it higher but like i said it sends 2 or more mess a friend tried it

ksg 08-14-2009 11:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This is one to get excited about, a 7 Megapixel panorama tweak...

Quote:

HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/P3
MainCamCaptSize to 1024 (default: 64)
MainCamSupportCaptSize to 1744 (default: 80)

This tweak will allow you to take 7MP panorama shots w/ your TP, Diamond or Touch HD! The pictures it takes (see below) actually aren't bad. Please be advised though that there is some delay taking the pictures with this tweak and the pictures that are taken are quite large 4506x1536 (6.92mp) versus 1408x480 (0.67mp)-- which means the file sizes are also larger (~1MB-2MB). However, if you're already doing a panoramic shot then I'm sure (like me) you're interested in the quality of the picture taken (rather than file size).

If you're wondering how it is taking a 3.2 MP camera and turning it into 7 MP -- it is taking multiple pictures and attaching them together to get the panoramic effect. =D>

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467616

Negrito 08-14-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madcook (Post 1100646)
no not my knowledge it will send more than mess if its over 160 i think its a service thing .you can set it higher but like i said it sends 2 or more mess a friend tried it

I figured 160 was the Max. Thanks. :)

ksg 08-14-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksg (Post 1101005)
This is one to get excited about, a 7 Megapixel panorama tweak...

It takes a lot of memory to run w/ the above setting. If you want 'better than default' but not quite 7 MP you can also try:

HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/P3
Adjust MainCamCaptSize to 512 (Default: 64) and MainCamSupportCaptSize to 872 (Default: 80).

or even lower at:

MainCamCaptSize to 128
MainCamSupportCaptSize to 160

You can also try
HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\Captparam
Adjust OverlayRatio to 10 (from 40)

Brightness -2
Contrast +1
Saturation +2
Sharpness +1
Image quality normal

Plus you can change the stitch count (under settings > advanced > stitch count) from 3 to 6 if you want to increase the amount of pictures it stitches together to make one large picture.

There is lots to play around with in there.... It all depends on what programs you can close and how much memory you can free up!

psycho_maniac 08-14-2009 10:32 PM

ksg care to explain what changing the overlaycaptsize to 10 does?

Negrito 08-15-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1102321)
ksg care to explain what changing the overlaycaptsize to 10 does?

Overlay Ratio: How much of the previous picture is 'layed over' the current picture you are trying to take so as to line up you panaroma just right. ;)

So suggesting from 40 to 10 i dont think is a good idea. If it even works. I have played with the reg entry and never saw anything change, but i much rather try to match 40% of what im looking at than 10%.

ksg 08-15-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negrito (Post 1103199)
Overlay Ratio: How much of the previous picture is 'layed over' the current picture you are trying to take so as to line up you panaroma just right. ;)

So suggesting from 40 to 10 i dont think is a good idea. If it even works. I have played with the reg entry and never saw anything change, but i much rather try to match 40% of what im looking at than 10%.

You're matching up 10% of the last picture you've taken (from the right side of the picture). The side effect of matching up less is that you'll also get a larger (completed) picture. I've messed with it on many different pictures and I've found the 10 setting to be a great match. Some of you w/ 'less steady hands' may opt for a larger amount (i.e.: 20, 25, 30). The default is 40% (40).

jmaxman 08-24-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 963497)
i found this: 13. Enable GPS photo: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P10 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

Exactly what does this do? Can someone give me a example?

psycho_maniac 08-24-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmaxman (Post 1120210)
exactly what does this do? Can someone give me a example?

Quote:

Originally Posted by andywin
you can make a photo of watever you want and in the exif data of the photo you can find the gps position where you have make the photo

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...85&postcount=6

Biker1 09-03-2009 04:29 AM

I was using the data disconnect by changing the registry setting.
But sometimes I am in and out of data sessions often so I changed back the registry setting and I just made my long press key my data disconnect.
The cab is a good idea though for people who don't want to toggle the data disconnect.

toviaheli 09-04-2009 11:21 PM

Any chance someone can tell me either the registry key, menu link, or file location that gets called when you tap the windows menu icon (or all of the above)?

Thanks!

popasmurfn25 09-05-2009 12:10 PM

Change save location of MMS:
\HKLM\Software\ARcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\ Config\Folder\Picture Path\
by changing the picturepath to \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures\

I tried this one and it worked good but then i got creative.........
i have sprint though so my MMS are in pieces like the text, picture, and audio, so my question is. Is there a way to save these to my storage card also?

popasmurfn25 09-05-2009 12:28 PM

is there a reg change that i could make to the brightness of my keyboard because i dont think it needs to be so bright. Also can there be a keyboard program that will allow the following
1)change brightness of backlight keyboard
2)turn off light completly (good for daylight time when light isnt needed)
3)How fast the keyboard types in what your pressing
(ive sometimes exsperienced a lag when typing into the keyboard example-i type "the"
and then im already typing the next word like "cat" then the finally shows up in the blank field i was typing in but after i get past that the keyboard response time is accurate it always just that first one.

psycho_maniac 09-05-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popasmurfn25 (Post 1142266)
Change save location of MMS:
\HKLM\Software\ARcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\ Config\Folder\Picture Path\
by changing the picturepath to \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures\

I tried this one and it worked good but then i got creative.........
i have sprint though so my MMS are in pieces like the text, picture, and audio, so my question is. Is there a way to save these to my storage card also?

texts: I do not know
pictures: i have that in the first post
audio: \HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft mms ua\Config\Folder\Sound Path this is where you change the sond.

mookiemoo 09-05-2009 06:48 PM

where do you find this hklm directory and with what program do you find it with. i have been trying to use total commander

psycho_maniac 09-05-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemoo (Post 1142982)
where do you find this hklm directory and with what program do you find it with. i have been trying to use total commander

open total commander and then click the \ button on the top right.
then click \ again on the top
you will see \registry
double click that.