PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Windows Mobile HTC Registry Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69185)

psycho_maniac 12-30-2009 07:42 PM

Re: Windows Mobile HTC Registry Tweaks

you cannot have a phone call and data running at the same time.

fusion 12-31-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1448294)
what rom are you using?

was MightyROM from 12.27 i flashed the 12.30 one last night though.

fusion 12-31-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1449377)
you cannot have a phone call and data running at the same time.

ok so it was that simple... lol #-o

psycho_maniac 12-31-2009 05:03 PM

i would just leave it at what the mightyrom you are running has it set. i used to change that on my touch pro when i used the stock rom. if somebody could be nice and tell me what a stock carrier rom has that set to i would change it and tell them the default for stock

psycho_maniac 01-04-2010 05:45 PM

updated first post to show the 2016 bug work around. also i found a new way to give people credit. did it only on the 2016 work around because i dont wanna go back and search for ever post. check it out! haha.

fivestargentleman 01-05-2010 02:08 PM

Do any of these tweaks work for the Touch Pro 2 for Sprint? I tried it last night and had to hard reset:banghead: LOL!

ladymcquaid 01-05-2010 07:30 PM

Re: Htc Touch Pro Registry Tweaks

good lord, y'all. you're quite advanced :) alas, i'm not, and i'm not really into windows mobile (ok, i hate it), but i'm stuck with it. that said, i'd like to screw with it a bit (without breaking it or doing anything irreversible). super noob here...how to i change any code to begin with? slow please :)

psycho_maniac 01-05-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivestargentleman (Post 1462488)
Do any of these tweaks work for the Touch Pro 2 for Sprint? I tried it last night and had to hard reset:banghead: LOL!

they should work. are you running the stock sprint rom?
Quote:

Originally Posted by ladymcquaid (Post 1463419)
good lord, y'all. you're quite advanced :) alas, i'm not, and i'm not really into windows mobile (ok, i hate it), but i'm stuck with it. that said, i'd like to screw with it a bit (without breaking it or doing anything irreversible). super noob here...how to i change any code to begin with? slow please :)

use a registry editor
edited first post to link to "how to edit the registry"
also please give me a pm or even post phone and carrier so i can put it under the "Confirmed for" THANKS!

skeegcpp 01-05-2010 08:56 PM

Re: Htc Touch Pro Registry Tweaks

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladymcquaid (Post 1463419)

welcome lady-mc...now u can make a grand introduction here. hopefully, u'll learn or start to like winmo more:thumbleft:

fivestargentleman 01-05-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1463436)
they should work. are you running the stock sprint rom?

No I am not, do I need to be?

psycho_maniac 01-05-2010 09:41 PM

no you do not

traumadog 01-06-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Boost TFL3D Performance
Code:
HKLM\System\Storagemanager\Fatfs\

change "Cachesize" to 32768

Just curious - my first post - I have a Verizon TP2, and this value for me as a default is zero. I tried bumping it to 32768, and nothing would load. Wound up hard-resetting the phone to get it to work again. Anyone else see this key with a zero default? Does it mean that there's a change in the hardware where the cache is dropped?

fivestargentleman 01-06-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traumadog (Post 1464966)

Just curious - my first post - I have a Verizon TP2, and this value for me as a default is zero. I tried bumping it to 32768, and nothing would load. Wound up hard-resetting the phone to get it to work again. Anyone else see this key with a zero default? Does it mean that there's a change in the hardware where the cache is dropped?

I changed it to 4096 and it worked just fine for me, but I have a Sprint TP2, dont know if that would make a difference

fivestargentleman 01-06-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 925289)

send to more then 10 contacts in a sms
Code:

HKLM\System\Inbox\Settings\
Change "LimitSMSRecipients" from 10 to 999

Couldn't find this value in the registry, does it need to be created? I have a Sprint touch pro 2

psycho_maniac 01-06-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivestargentleman (Post 1466089)
Couldn't find this value in the registry, does it need to be created? I have a Sprint touch pro 2

do you have email installed or arcsoft installed?

also for people who find registry edits that dont really work and find a different value that DOES work. let me know so i can change it on the 1st post so nobody has to hard reset like somebody posted before. :) dont be afraid of that PM button haha.

fivestargentleman 01-06-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1466211)
do you have email installed or arcsoft installed?

also for people who find registry edits that dont really work and find a different value that DOES work. let me know so i can change it on the 1st post so nobody has to hard reset like somebody posted before. :) dont be afraid of that PM button haha.

Do you mean e-mail as in installing new accounts for the phone or are you talking about the reg edit?

psycho_maniac 01-06-2010 11:30 PM

whooops. i ment do you have email set up?

fivestargentleman 01-06-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1466520)

Not yet, I will soon though. I'm assuming when I set it up I will find the value.

fujitsupalm 01-07-2010 12:19 AM

it's a lot of info to digest, bookmarked it, and thx for the info, will start digging into it after work tonight.

davidc59 01-09-2010 05:39 AM

Hi and thanks
Anytime I use a system tweak i get a Access Denied message I am running 6.5 touch pro 2 us cellular

mverkruijssen 01-09-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

For me, synchronisation with Exchange wouldn't work anymore. After changing it back to 0 it worked again though, luckely for me.
Will try someday if I can maybe use another value. Still I think it is trange that it breaks synchronisation.

I also find this tweak dubble in the opening post.

psycho_maniac 01-09-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivestargentleman (Post 1465116)
I changed it to 4096 and it worked just fine for me, but I have a Sprint TP2, dont know if that would make a difference

Quote:

Originally Posted by mverkruijssen (Post 1474682)
For me, synchronisation with Exchange wouldn't work anymore. After changing it back to 0 it worked again though, luckely for me.
Will try someday if I can maybe use another value. Still I think it is trange that it breaks synchronisation.

I also find this tweak dubble in the opening post.

Thanks for telling me it was in there twice. i edited the tweak to show that the 4096 works better so i suggested to use that instead but still kept the old tweaked value.

fivestargentleman 01-09-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1466520)

Ok I set up the e-mail accounts and I still could find that registry value:cussing:lol

psycho_maniac 01-19-2010 11:55 PM

Update: I now have this all in the wikihttp://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?title=RegistryEdits
its very plan and evrything but eventually it will look sexy like the first post in this thread :) thanks for everybodys help that found these edits i will add every registry edit i find and know that works.

Q_Q 01-24-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1502730)
Update: I now have this all in the wikihttp://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?title=RegistryEdits
its very plan and evrything but eventually it will look sexy like the first post in this thread :) thanks for everybodys help that found these edits i will add every registry edit i find and know that works.

Thanks pm for the great work on the OP & the wiki.
May want to edit the OP with your wiki link too.

harrythompson 01-05-2011 10:34 PM

Something that has annoyed me all the way back to my 1st HTC Windows phone (T-Mobile Space Needle). Is there a way to change the default folder and file setting for opening or uploading a file. Ie: I am in a program and I choose to open a file and it defaults to all folders and all files. It sits there for a few mins before it kicks back a list of a million files, then I can change the folder. Same problem if I create a mms and go to attach a pic. I know it is faster to go to the pic and send it but that doesn't help with all the other open file programs.

Another question is there a way to just bump up the audio for a bluetooth call. Ear and speaker phone is loud enough but I have used several bluetooth headsets and they are just not loud enough. I did buy the plantronics backbeat stereo headset and could hear well but everyone complained that I was in a wind tunnel.

Final question on stock htc sense is there a way to add more quick links to programs and contacts?

jolin 01-12-2011 04:25 AM

The computer problems always drive me crazy, I want a program to solve my slow computer, several days ago my friend recommend me a software tuneup360, now I'm waiting for the result.

Laos101 01-15-2011 09:12 AM

Why wasn't this ever stickied? ;)

gera229 01-23-2011 09:16 PM

On the HTC Touch pro 2 in the settings somewhere I tapped commit registry and it said registry flushed. Since I have nothing on my phone really just yet I feel like doing a hard reset after pressing that button.

What does it do? Should I hard reset or not? Is it safe?
Does it change anything in the phone? Does/ can it make the phone run slower (after time maybe, or better?)? Can it make the phone have problems and flaws along with bad performance and instability; can it make the phone not stable? Can it change a certain program or make it worse? How often is the registry to be flushed?

Perfect_Wave 08-10-2012 03:00 PM

Hi to all, congrats by the excelent forum http://www.techsupportalert.com/free...es/biggrin.gif

I´m dealing some months ago with a doubt/problem...and tested in several phones with Windows Mobile...

I´m currently trying/testing with my HTC3600 with WM 6.1 (cooked ROM).

I´m trying to "cook" a ROM wich has like main ability, the compatibility with BT peripherics.

Especifically i want to achieve the "function" caller name to handsfree devices/headsets...im stuck with registry edition, and tested a lot, anybody here knows where is the field in Registry, to force the phone to give a caller name display on a headset/hands free device?

I have tried already a lot of apps and softwares, and i´m currently trying to develop a ROM based on MSVC 1.6.... platform (on the part to make calls) but still has some bugs in my ROM,and wanted to "fix" the part of caller name display (to show not just the number, but also the name in BT mode)

Any ideas? they are welcome http://www.techsupportalert.com/free...lies/smile.gif

Best regards

psycho_maniac 02-10-2013 03:10 AM

Thank you for unlocking this. If you guys can think of anything I should add please let me know!