PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: Sprint

cbunting is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tower Hack?

ATT/tmobile uses GSM, verizon & sprint use CDMA, therefore you cannot use your phone on ATT towers even if you were allowed to. Besides, security is VERY tight on both technhologies, so even if you did gain access to their networks, you would be locked out quickly.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Dearls... I would like to know what city you're close to. and if getting the data coverage from another tower doesn't help get the EvDO icon back, then there's something strange goin on with the device itself. you get that icon at work as well?
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 03-15-2008, 11:22 AM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Streator IL It's about 2 hours southwest of Chicago I am right in the middle with coverage for everything LOL I dont get the Vcast until I go about 15 miles in any direction for the other phones i have It really sucks but on the plus side I can sit at home and show no 1 or no bars for signal but still have a crystal clear calls on any of my phones as well as still get decent connect speed with 1 signal bar, bought the only reason I have not switched to another carrier yet I guess.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Let me count thy wounds

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

I checked the coverage map for broadband access just now, but you may wanna test out another xv6800 at your nearest store. it could be the device having trouble sniffing out the nearest tower in case your coverage to broadband access is good.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:02 PM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Yeah I am in the map coverage but when you talk with verizon its like I am likie a few miles out of the coverage in actual. I had the Treo 700wx before this xv6800 and it was the same story with it although it would surf and talk on no signal bars so i dont think the phone is the issue, besides I have to drive 25min south to the nearest verizon store. The other Funny thing is that if I go just a 1 1/2 miles down the road my phones get full signal strenth
Old 03-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Let me count thy wounds

Hmmm... If verizon covers more markets on a national/international scale on voice by a tad bit than Sprint, then... WAIT A SEC... Sprint must have a bit more DATA coverage than Verizon on both scales (NAT/INT). I'll check Sprint's coverage map if you're closer to any towers.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:26 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

had another though, have you tried an external antenna
Old 03-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Yeah, shadowmite.com has a tutorial to make one.

Also, have you got the most recent PRL, you could do a *22899 just to be sure...
Old 03-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 WM6

JTSV is a n00b

See if this is what you are looking for:
Improving Tower Polling / Ring Response Times

NOTE: This is not an original hack. I found this in a forum.

The ring response time of the 6700 is fairly poor due mostly to the tower polling time. Fortunately, the handset includes a custom PST. To improve the tower polling, do the following:

Dial ##778 (PST) on your handset and press Talk
Enter the security code (000000)
Choose "Modem Settings" off of the PST menu
Change "Slot Cycle Index" to 0, or 1. This value is 1.28 seconds * 2^N, where N is the index. A value of 0 will give you the fastest tower polling, but most people stick with 1 to avoid excessive battery usage and flooding the network.
Click OK and you will be prompted to soft-reset your handset.

John T. Snelson V
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks