PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC-Mogul

DogGuy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DogGuy's OEM Splitter and Template Creator

Note: This is for developers. End users wont find much worth in it. If you aren't tinkering in the kitchen, you'd be better served not exhausting your eyes on one of my long winded posts. This is aimed squarely at the lazy ... erm... efficient developer. :P

Alright folks, I've finally put a lil' time and effort into this utensil of automation goodness, and have something worthy of being called an early beta. Woo hoo right?

For those who have not hung out in the chat enough to hear about what it does, the short verison is that it allows you to a) create an xml template containing information regarding files and their associated OEM packages, and b) iterate over a kitchen in an attempt to recreate the packages identified by the xml.

That made sense, I know it did. Here's a simple example to illustrate its use: If I were to create an xml template "6800SprintApps.xml", and include all of the standard Sprint apps (Telenav, Adobe, Java, etc) I could dump a brand spankin' new Sprint rom, and toss it through the splitter. When it comes out on the otherside OEMApps will have been turned from a mess of unrelated files, into beautiful new OEMs like "OEMsp_Adobe_Reader" and "OEMsp_Telenav" ... all ready for easy removal, replacement, or modifications.

My hope is that we can all start putting our time and effort into progress, not repetition. If you want to know more about what this does and how to use it, please read through the ReadMe... it's even been called "zany" so you might not hate it. Known issues, future plans, etc etc are listed there. If you find any bugs, or have any comments, suggestions, gripes, or praise, please feel free to let me know.

As an aside, the basic concept of this will be used directly in PrepIt.NET. Once this project finally starts to come together at a more advanced level, I'll get to work on that.

Download:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Do...plitterApp.rar

or

http://makeitsmarter.com/files/folde.../entry448.aspx

Enjoy!

Note: The Splitter requires .NET 3.5. Yeah yeah... stop grumbling. I was playing with Linq, lemme alone.

- DogGuy

Last edited by DogGuy; 05-19-2008 at 02:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: DogGuy's OEM Splitter and Template Creator

Reserved for future use.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

iceblue is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to iceblue Send a message via MSN to iceblue Send a message via Yahoo to iceblue

Thank you DG awesome, very useful tool to help us in development.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

More tools!! Woohhh Hoo!!! You're the dog... err man.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff

Instant thanks! I'll play around with this tonight.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
Instant thanks! I'll play around with this tonight.
Awesome. Be sure to let me know when you break it.

- DogGuy
Old 05-19-2008, 10:27 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogGuy View Post
Awesome. Be sure to let me know when you break it.

- DogGuy
Ah man...I feel like someone stirred some instant-idiot in my sanka. But where do we get the "template xml" when first running this? I click on the second tab, and got this lovely screen...
Attached Images
File Type: gif ScreenHunter_01 May. 19 21.24.gif (15.8 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!

Old 05-20-2008, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Ah man...I feel like someone stirred some instant-idiot in my sanka. But where do we get the "template xml" when first running this? I click on the second tab, and got this lovely screen...
According to your screenshot (thank you for that =)), you get to do it just as soon s you install the .NEŢ 3.5 Framework. 2.0 and 3.0 don't support the Linq code I used in creation of the xml. I will rewrite that section without the Linq (and 2.0 compliant) when I get some free time.

- DogGuy Mobile
Old 05-20-2008, 12:55 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Here's screen shot of some directory structure for the "out-dated" kitchen I'm using and where this creates a .cer and the template created on my vista machine. Here is what I'm running in to....

1. No matter where I tell it to create the template, it uses the directory where I run OEMSplitterXMLBased.exe from...

2. I've got it pointed to the kitchen root, it creates your ..\splitoem\oem directory, but all it does is creates a certificate oem.cer.

3. I tried to point it to kitchen\oem , couldn't find kitchen\oem\oem. and crashes if it isn't of kitchen structure. Maybe a "id-10-t" warning on this!

edit: I deleted the kitchen\splitoem directory, and now have no directory made.(had to regenerate template for it to create the directory)...the certificate was copied from kitchen\oem
Attached Files
File Type: zip modules.zip (84.1 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 05-20-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Woops... forgot to update. The issue rstoyguy ran into was not with the app itself, but rather my explanation of how to use it.

Please keep in mind when creating your template xml that to avoid the inclusions of modules, it will only recurse through directories one level deeper than wherever you point it. Generally, targetting a nicely splitup OEM or UserPackages directory is the ideal, as everyone in that dir will be tackled, but the build wont go deep enough to target UserPackages\SomeOEM\ThisModule.

Let me know if anyone else runs into errors (either programming or explanatory). Thanks for testing.

- DogGuy
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications