PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 05:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hd
Carrier: tre

bcooll is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WeatherPanel Download Index

See this to run with manila,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=508102\
Old 07-03-2009, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

joemike60 is just getting started

Storyr - I am seeing some weird behavior with WP, and I think only you may be able to diagnose. For the last couple of months, I am seeing a problem with WP downloading radar images. Starting at approximately 9:30PM CT, WP downloads all images every minute until either ~ 4:30AM or until the memory is full. I have checked and rechecked that the frequency is set correctly (30 minutes). The only way I can prevent this is to disconnect the data connection. Any idea why this could be happening? I am using the WP2009 that you compiled for us.

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemike60 View Post
Storyr - I am seeing some weird behavior with WP, and I think only you may be able to diagnose. For the last couple of months, I am seeing a problem with WP downloading radar images. Starting at approximately 9:30PM CT, WP downloads all images every minute until either ~ 4:30AM or until the memory is full. I have checked and rechecked that the frequency is set correctly (30 minutes). The only way I can prevent this is to disconnect the data connection. Any idea why this could be happening? I am using the WP2009 that you compiled for us.

Thanks!
Are you saying it does this every day (at around 9:30)?

I've never heard if this particular issue, but I personally have had intermittent update issues where it seems the update runs constantly, the device heats up and the battery drains very quickly.

In my experience (on multiple devices), it seemed to occur when I had push email on (instance notification) AND in a low signal area. I switched my email to pull every five minutes and I haven't had the issue since.

There's nothing more I can do about WeatherPanel itself - other than find workarounds for it's problems - no one has the source code.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

SportyRydr is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to SportyRydr
Unhappy WP constant fruitless updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
Are you saying it does this every day (at around 9:30)?

I've never heard if this particular issue, but I personally have had intermittent update issues where it seems the update runs constantly, the device heats up and the battery drains very quickly.

In my experience (on multiple devices), it seemed to occur when I had push email on (instance notification) AND in a low signal area. I switched my email to pull every five minutes and I haven't had the issue since.
This just happened to me for the first time since I started using WP in April. For one thing, I don't use "push email" (if by that, you mean the built-in email client), but I do use FlexMail. The last update time displayed by WP was 02:41, 20 min before my nightly backup. It has been doing the "constant update" thing ever since, BUT, it HAS been updating the data, just not the time of the update on the display. Weirder still, I did a hard reset and installed ONLY WP, and it STILL has the problem! No FlexMail installed and no accounts set up in the built-in email. I'm stumped! My restored backup didn't fix it, so until this problem is solved, I can't use WP anymore, because even if I turn off auto-updates, it still does its "constant update" thing, claiming it can't get on the internet, even though IT started a connection!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Re: WP constant fruitless updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyRydr View Post
This just happened to me for the first time since I started using WP in April. For one thing, I don't use "push email" (if by that, you mean the built-in email client), but I do use FlexMail. The last update time displayed by WP was 02:41, 20 min before my nightly backup. It has been doing the "constant update" thing ever since, BUT, it HAS been updating the data, just not the time of the update on the display. Weirder still, I did a hard reset and installed ONLY WP, and it STILL has the problem! No FlexMail installed and no accounts set up in the built-in email. I'm stumped! My restored backup didn't fix it, so until this problem is solved, I can't use WP anymore, because even if I turn off auto-updates, it still does its "constant update" thing, claiming it can't get on the internet, even though IT started a connection!!!
Well, the same thing started happing to me this morning. My only option was to remove WeatherPanel from the Today screen.

I highly suspect that weather.com may have changed something on their weather data feed (they had threatened to shut it off a few months ago) . I'll look at it when I get time.

This could be the end...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch
Carrier: sprint

revcp is a n00b

I have no idea what's going on. Late this afternoon my program memory on the device maxed out. Discovered that WP was stuck on downloading data--about 80 mb worth. So I deleted the 1K + updates. It immediately started downloading again, so I uninstalled the program and reinstalled. And now I've reinstalled several times, both on the device and on my storage card, and can't get it to download data ("WP has no data for this city. Please connect to the internet..."). I cleaned out all WP folders and data, did a clean install and am using the same city info I've used in the past (plus a few other larger cities just to check out whether there was a problem with this particular location), but to no avail. I'm stumped! I've been using WP since last fall with no problems. Any ideas?
Old 07-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch
Carrier: sprint

revcp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcp View Post
I have no idea what's going on. Late this afternoon my program memory on the device maxed out. Discovered that WP was stuck on downloading data--about 80 mb worth. So I deleted the 1K + updates. It immediately started downloading again, so I uninstalled the program and reinstalled. And now I've reinstalled several times, both on the device and on my storage card, and can't get it to download data ("WP has no data for this city. Please connect to the internet..."). I cleaned out all WP folders and data, did a clean install and am using the same city info I've used in the past (plus a few other larger cities just to check out whether there was a problem with this particular location), but to no avail. I'm stumped! I've been using WP since last fall with no problems. Any ideas?
Sorry, didn't read the stream. I just assumed my problem was unique. Doesn't appear to be the case. If everyone is having issues this is almost certainly something to do with the "hosting" site.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

JoeTreaf is just getting started
Re: WP constant fruitless updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
I highly suspect that weather.com may have changed something on their weather data feed (they had threatened to shut it off a few months ago) . I'll look at it when I get time.
This could be the end...
Is there any chance that you can switch to a different data feed provider?
Old 07-07-2009, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

aikidoka is just getting started

I woke today to this problem. I'm trying to just delete weather image settings and see if that stops it.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoka View Post
I woke today to this problem. I'm trying to just delete weather image settings and see if that stops it.
dont bother, its over and no source code to switch feeds. try pocket weather, very nice skins for it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes