PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
There's no way to alter the internal workings of the WeatherPanel program. The only way to stop it would be to kill a running process or something.

BTW - For me, the "hot battery" scenario is very rare - it's only happened to me twice...
OK....thanks for responding. I don't get the 'hot battery' thing, my WP just gets stuck in update mode, it doesn't run the battery down, or heat it up at all, I think all it does is dis-allow a 'real' update.

Again...thanks for reading and responding!!

Old 12-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Lurker

akenis is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
Welcome back! Yes, (shameless self-promotion) the PhatPhinger popup windows are the best around! It would be fairly easy to attach these to the Chameleon theme.

...anxiously awaiting

The WeatherPanel submits the search requests to weather.com, which provides the results. WP will only support what weather.com supports, and personally, I haven't tried airport codes...

at weather.com I get results for

jfk ny

jfk, ny

or just plain jfk

or generic airport, ny

In WP, I get nada.

The PhatPhinger QVGA Icons, for use with the PhatPhinger I theme, are the Yahoo icons.

PhatPhinger II supports any "standard" sized icon set (which Yahoo isn't)...
Which icon set would I choose (among the yahoo) for use with Cameleon? The PhatPhinger set is pretty large, and I doubt Cameleon would even use most of them?

Thanks again,

Drew
Old 12-22-2007, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache 6700, HTC Touch (Vogue), HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

bilson is keeping up the good workbilson is keeping up the good work
I've reduced the power used by weather panel by turning off Auto Updates and Establish connection Plus turned off Auto City Cycle. Yes, turning off Auto Updates and having to do a manual update is not as convenient as just looking at it but thats the trade off.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
I've been reading other posts and people have determined that the wp app itself is the culprit for excessive battery drainage. Has anyone seen or come across an updated version of wp with the bugs and battery issue addressed?
Old 12-25-2007, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Fido

1magine is a n00b
hi guys,
is there any way to map this program to the weather icon on my HTC Today plugin?
Old 12-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
I've been reading other posts and people have determined that the wp app itself is the culprit for excessive battery drainage. Has anyone seen or come across an updated version of wp with the bugs and battery issue addressed?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7357

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
hi guys,
is there any way to map this program to the weather icon on my HTC Today plugin?
Their is no way to map WP to the HTC Today plugin.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 12-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Hey storyr I love this app. I put on the traffic cams for the interstate in my area. Will come in handy when responding to Car accidents. I can pull up the cams and it will help in my routing to get to the scene the fastest way possible. Your application may actually become a LIFESAVER, literally. This is awesome and I will be passing it on to my PPC carrying buddies at our local Fire Department. We cover over 15 Miles of I75 just south of Atlanta. I do have one question. I saw where you have a simple today screen in one of your post. It turned me on to this app because it was small and took up less screen space. But after downloading and installing I lost the location of that post and have searched all over and seem to be overlooking it. If you know what I am talking about please post the link where you had the screen shot so I can find it again. Thanks again for a LIFESAVING app.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-26-2007, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

prodigy215 is a n00b
Question

I installed the whole WeatherPanel themes and everything. But i'm tryin to get the weather to be full screen. My WeatherPanel is only ha;f of a screen. Is there a way to make the WeatherPanel fullscreen like in the screenshots? Reply asap. I'm using a PocketPC 6800(HTC Mogul). Thanks
Old 12-26-2007, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Hey storyr I love this app. I put on the traffic cams for the interstate in my area. Will come in handy when responding to Car accidents. I can pull up the cams and it will help in my routing to get to the scene the fastest way possible. Your application may actually become a LIFESAVER, literally. This is awesome and I will be passing it on to my PPC carrying buddies at our local Fire Department. We cover over 15 Miles of I75 just south of Atlanta.
Thanks. It's nice to see this feature help folks get home from work faster, find the least crowded ski lift, or keep an eye on their pet - but the amazing part is folks like you who put it to serious use to get a job done.

One note: I authored the PhatPhinger theme, but WeatherPanel is not "my" application. As you probably know, it was abandoned by the original author - I've only kept it up and running for the community...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I do have one question. I saw where you have a simple today screen in one of your post. It turned me on to this app because it was small and took up less screen space. But after downloading and installing I lost the location of that post and have searched all over and seem to be overlooking it. If you know what I am talking about please post the link where you had the screen shot so I can find it again. Thanks again for a LIFESAVING app.
I've posted a lot of screenshots Do you think it was the PhatPhinger theme, or another? If you can recall more details (screen color, etc.), PM me with them and I'll dig around...
Old 12-26-2007, 04:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy215 View Post
I installed the whole WeatherPanel themes and everything. But i'm tryin to get the weather to be full screen. My WeatherPanel is only ha;f of a screen. Is there a way to make the WeatherPanel fullscreen like in the screenshots? Reply asap. I'm using a PocketPC 6800(HTC Mogul). Thanks
If I understand which screenshots you're speaking of, those are probably the PhatPhinger popup screens - activated by tapping on the Today screen icons.

The WeatherPanel Today plugin itself cannot be made full screen. You can choose a taller layout though - open the WeatherPanel options and choose a taller layout on the Display tab.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes