PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Mr. Shoe...here's the simplest way to install a cab.

Hook your phone (ppc) up to your computer (pc) via ActiveSync. Now, on your pc move the .cab file to your ppc. It really doesn't matter where you put it...but just get into the habit of putting them in the same place...that way you'll always know where to look.

After the .cab has been moved to your ppc...go to your ppc directly and navigate to the .cab. Using your stylus tap on the .cab to install. For WP you'll want to install the application to your main memory (device) not the storage card.

After successful installation you can delete the .cab.

Now...for WP. Yes, you must install the basic WeatherPanel program. Everything else (PhatPhinger 1, 2, 3, etc.) are themes that lay on top of and use the components of WP.

So...first install WP to your ppc's main memory. Then install the PhatPhinger cabs (themes and icon). If you have a storage card you can install the icons there...but for sure install the actual WP program and themes to main memory.

This should get you on the right path...do the above and let us know what happens.

late,
Coz

Last edited by CozBoogie; 11-07-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch & Touch Pro

MrShoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Coz,

I finally got this completed. Thanks to you and the readme storyr included things went smooth. All I need to do now is play with the various setting for display and icons to find what I like the best.

Thanks again to you for the help and Storyr for the great program.

- Shoes
Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
No problemo Shoes. Now start enjoying this wonderful application!!!

late,
Coz
Old 11-08-2007, 04:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

urvi is a n00b
Would this replace the weather in a Touch? The one that come with it is quite lacking compared to this.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by urvi View Post
Would this replace the weather in a Touch? The one that come with it is quite lacking compared to this.
This wouldn't exactly replace the weather on the Touch, as that is the HTC Home Plugin. This is a different application that is completely independent and much better in my humble opinion. You could use this to supplement the HTC Home Plugin, but you will not be able to replace it as a tab.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 11-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

kinger2 is a n00b
Hey Storyr, first I want to say great theme. Don't know if this has already been answered? i just encountered this today. Today in my area I had light snow showers when it showed up it came across as
Light Snow Showers
Showers
The showers on the the first line were just fuzzy black, and the showers on the second line were just white with no glow expand. It looks like it might be a small glitch were the glow expand stays on the first line and doesnt follow the word down to the second line. Hope this makes sense. Been using your themes since stealth. Keep up the great work

Last edited by kinger2; 11-08-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch & Touch Pro

MrShoe is a n00b
Is there a layout that has the Time AND date?

I'm using PhatPhingerI QVGA
Layout = phat(240x320)+145.wpl

If so that would solve a few headaches for me.

- Shoes
Old 11-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
can someone help me please! I just finished uploading helmi's wm6 rom and I always install wp after rom upgrades. I have wp on my device and not storage and I have the pf icon folder and pf theme folder where they should be. I also downloaded the cab file to my device and installed like I did before the rom upgrade. Now... all of the icons are there and the themes are there BUT, I don't have any of the layouts. Will someone please take the time to help me troubleshoot this problem, thanks
Old 11-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
can someone help me please! I just finished uploading helmi's wm6 rom and I always install wp after rom upgrades. I have wp on my device and not storage and I have the pf icon folder and pf theme folder where they should be. I also downloaded the cab file to my device and installed like I did before the rom upgrade. Now... all of the icons are there and the themes are there BUT, I don't have any of the layouts. Will someone please take the time to help me troubleshoot this problem, thanks
This sound simular to what BustedNuts1 posted. Read post #97 for a possible fix.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 11-13-2007, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia HD
Carrier: ATT

Ncruze is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Ncruze
Excuse me..quick question..is it best to install this app on ur sd card or memory..I dont think this was stated, if it was..i do apologize.

Last edited by Ncruze; 11-13-2007 at 04:49 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes