PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 24GB
Carrier: Smart

omnigod is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [THEME] PhatPhinger II WQVGA (240x400) (Omnia)

Thank you for the share Storyr...

On my device, Samsung Omnia, the display is still incorect... I tried installing and uninstalling it for several times, but still not working...

I appreciate your hard work in this, if im missing something, pls help me properly install it. (reading from other replies to this topic, it seems my problem is still the VGA issue, the program thinks that my device is VGA not WQVGA.

Your help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I have installed WeatherPanel_2009_WQVGA.CAB (1.61 MB, 839 views)
and everything is showen 2x bigger. It looks that WP "thinks" that he works on resolution 480x640. I have to edit all theme files and divide whole numbers by 2.
Also Hourly forrecast is not working. have this funcion fixed.
I have new machine Mio Eplora K70 with WM 6.1 and WQVGA.
On my old Mio P550 with WM5 is working wo any problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnigod View Post
Thank you for the share Storyr...

On my device, Samsung Omnia, the display is still incorect... I tried installing and uninstalling it for several times, but still not working...

I appreciate your hard work in this, if im missing something, pls help me properly install it. (reading from other replies to this topic, it seems my problem is still the VGA issue, the program thinks that my device is VGA not WQVGA.

Your help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
Folks - please re-read the first post.
  • The attached version of WP 2009 does not fix the issues on the Omnia. It simply has it's VGA images removed (for convenience)
  • The default WP themes do not work on the Omnia
  • You must install the PhatPhinger II WQVGA theme and select it in the settings
  • You must install one or more QVGA icon sets and select one of them in the settings

You will then be happy...

Last edited by storyr; 05-20-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:19 AM
Lurker

omnigod is a n00b

thank you for being patient with me/us... but pardon me, i followed copy/paste directory for the PhatPhinger, but in the "themes" (settings of WP), i cannot seem to see PhatPhinger choice in the themes, the only thing i see are the default...

can you pls enlighten me more... thanks again bro!

Last edited by omnigod; 05-21-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
thank you for being patient with me/us... but pardon me, i followed copy/paste directory for the PhatPhinger, but in the "themes" (settings of WP), i cannot seem to see PhatPhinger choice in the themes, the only thing i see are the default...

can you pls enlighten me more... thanks again bro!
The folder named PhatPhinger II WQVGA (which contains all of the files) should be inside the Themes folder.

From the readme.txt file:

Code:
    1.3  From Windows Exporer, open:
         My Computer, Mobile Device, My Windows Mobile-Based Device,
         \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes

-> or, to install to your storage card, open:

My Computer, Mobile Device, My Windows Mobile-Based Device,
		     \Storage Card\WeatherPanel\Themes

1.4  Copy the PhatPhinger II WQVGA folder and it's contents
         into the Themes folder on your device. Your folders should then look 
         something like this:

- Program Files
           - MarsWare
             - WeatherPanel
               - data
               + Icons
               - Themes
                 - PhatPhinger II WQVGA
Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Lurker

omnigod is a n00b

oh man! i cant thank you enought! thank you so much for your patience with me.. now i got it and installed it... (what i missed before was the "installation from storage card", where i missed the directories..)

Thank you so much! now my new quest is how i could incorporate this weather panel to spb mobile shell 3. (if you could give me an idea/link sir, i hightly appreciate it)
Old 05-23-2009, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
oh man! i cant thank you enought! thank you so much for your patience with me.. now i got it and installed it... (what i missed before was the "installation from storage card", where i missed the directories..)

Thank you so much! now my new quest is how i could incorporate this weather panel to spb mobile shell 3. (if you could give me an idea/link sir, i hightly appreciate it)
Mobile Shell 3.0 does not support Today plugins, so WeatherPanel (or any other Today plugin) cannot be displayed within it.

You can, however, use THIS custom WeatherPanel widget to show basic current conditions and open WeatherPanel's popup windows when activated...
Old 05-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Lurker

omnigod is a n00b

Thanks... ill try this later... thank you so much for your patience...
Old 09-14-2009, 05:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung omnia
Carrier: cosmote

kurdt13 is a n00b

Can someone help me please because this thing is driving me crazy...I installed the wp application along with the animated theme but no big icons are shown...I cannot find the solution to this anywhere...Any help....pleeeeeease...

Problem solved! But onother occured...now the big icon is not at the center of the screen.. it is slightly on the left and it hides the name of the city and i liitle bit the temperature..Is there a way to allign this..?

Last edited by kurdt13; 09-14-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdt13 View Post
Problem solved! But onother occured...now the big icon is not at the center of the screen.. it is slightly on the left and it hides the name of the city and i liitle bit the temperature..Is there a way to allign this..?
It would help greatly if you posted a screenshot...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

wd4sgu is a n00b

Great work! I've just reinstalled WeatherPanel after several years without it. How nice that you've kept it going for us Omnia users.

Thanks.

Mike
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes