PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf
Re: Dark&Light **Full Rhodium Themes** for Manila TF3D 2.1

Lol... 10/4
Old 12-19-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

laymanspc is keeping up the good worklaymanspc is keeping up the good work

BEAUTIFUL theme! Great Job. Works great on my bone stock TP2 from US Cellular.

Two questions about the youtube and facebook links on the internet tab. Is there a chance we could get a cab to remove those links? Would it be possible to to change them for a few editable program/shortcut links?
Old 12-19-2009, 08:40 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by laymanspc View Post
BEAUTIFUL theme! Great Job. Works great on my bone stock TP2 from US Cellular.

Two questions about the youtube and facebook links on the internet tab. Is there a chance we could get a cab to remove those links? Would it be possible to to change them for a few editable program/shortcut links?

You don't need a cab to remove the facebook and myspace bookmarks...just youtube.
Try removing the links from your Opera browser favorites list and add the ones you want.

Some may be protected and may require TotalCommander to remove them.

The opera favorites may be stored in a opera9.5.arc (or _opera9.5.arc) in 3 locations. I could remove 2 of them using TotalCommander, but not the one in /windows. I believe that's where the main one is stored.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 12-19-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:41 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Ok, will fix that with one more cab. You can install it seperately on top of the others.
Back in a minute or two. I was tired too!! LOL

Ok, just install this and soft reset. Let me know how that goes for ya'.

Posted this on an earlier post on the previous page and wasn't sure if Cuban saw it or not.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Remove Icons stock.cab (4.6 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
You don't need a cab to remove the facebook and myspace bookmarks...just youtube.
Try removing the links from your Opera browser favorites list and add the ones you want.

Some may be protected and may require TotalCommander to remove them.

The opera favorites may be stored in a opera9.5.arc (or _opera9.5.arc) in 3 locations. I could remove 2 of them using TotalCommander, but not the one in /windows. I believe that's where the main one is stored.

I'm confused. Stock US Celluar ROM has no Opera in it, so I can't change anything within opera. Stock US Celluar from everything I can gather is Winmo6.5 and manila2.1, I used Dark_Theme_V5.1_WM_6.5_Custom_rom__New_2.1_TF3D.ca b. Also there is no Myspace link. Only YouTube and Facebok (as it is misspelled, displays the same in your images on post 1).

I once found a way of removing the Youtube link from that page with the original theme, it was within a file called 27c65cbd_manila. Now with the theme installed I cannot even locate that file.

Last edited by laymanspc; 12-19-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:08 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Quote:
I'm confused. Stock US Celluar ROM has no Opera in it, so I can't change anything within opera. Stock US Celluar from everything I can gather is Winmo6.5 and manila2.1, I used Dark_Theme_V5.1_WM_6.5_Custom_rom__New_2.1_TF3D.ca b. Also there is no Myspace link. Only YouTube and Facebok (as it is misspelled, displays the same in your images on post 1).

I once found a way of removing the Youtube link from that page with the original theme, it was within a file called 27c65cbd_manila. Now with the theme installed I cannot even locate that file.

I'll look into it, but I am not currently running 2.1 to check it thoroughly. I'll let you know what turns up. I forgot the US Cellular version has no Opera. It didn't exist when this theme was made. LOL! Again, I'll see what I can come up with.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

tryin now.... be right back
Old 12-19-2009, 09:16 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Ok, take a look at this and see if it follows along the same on your device. It may actually vary slightly, but this may help you do what you are asking. It's not as simple as installing a .cab though.

1) Download a Registry Editor (you can google it or go to this linklink

To change Default Browser (just for reference) not what you are asking though
2)
navigate to HKCU/Software/HTC/Manila
change value in DefaultBrowserIsIE from "1" to "0"
change value in Internet.SetOperaForeground from "0" to "1"

Registry Edit tutorial thread

HERE IS the Part You want!

For Internet Tab Configuration.

1)You need to find a xml file located in the following:-
\Application Data\Manila\InternetPortal-en-us.xml

Some people may able to edit this file on their phone, but i prefer to make a copy and put it on my pc so that i have a few backups.
2)Make sure that the Readonly option has been unchecked for this file.
3) You will see the following when you first open the file for edit. (use notepad)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<InternetPortal>
<BrowserExe>\Windows\iexplore.exe</BrowserExe>
<IncludeUserFavorites>False</IncludeUserFavorites>
<Banner
DefaultImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\Inter netPortal\banner.qtc"
SelectedImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\Inte rnetPortal\banner_selected.qtc"
Text="Launch Browser"
NavigateUrl="http://m.web2go.com"
UrlText="web2go"
Width="480"
Height="215" />
<OperatorLinks>
<Link
Text="YouTube"
Executable="\windows\youtube.exe"
ImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPort al\youtube.qtc" />
<Link
Text="CNN"
NavigateUrl="http://tmobile.cnn.mlogic.mobi"
ImagePath="\Windows\_Bookmark_icon.qtc" />
<Link
Text="ESPN"
NavigateUrl="http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/index?z=TM"
<Link
Text="Facebook"
NavigateUrl="http://m.facebook.com"
</OperatorLinks>
</InternetPortal>

4) Remove the line <BrowserExe>\Windows\iexplore.exe</BrowserExe>
This will now launch the lower left Bookmarks and lower right browser in Opera. (this is only possible, if you have already edit the registry in the previous tutorial)
Replacing the tag <BrowserExe>\Window\iexplore.exe</BrowserExe> with <BrowserExe>\Windows\Opera9.exe</BrowserExe> only launches the "Earth" tab in Opera but the tabs will not be launched at all, not even in IE. Don't know why this happens. You can even edit the Banner tag so that it doesn't go to the web2go website by modifying the NavigateUrl to "" or whatever you want.

5) Adding/Removing the Push Tabs.
Look for the tag <OperatorLinks>. you will notice that the three "permanent" tabs are located here. You need to remove the tag <Link> in order to remove them

For example: I don't want the facebook Tab on this screen. So I remove the whole tag
<Link
Text="Facebook"
NavigateUrl="http://m.facebook.com"

You can add more Tabs accordingly by following how the previous link tags are.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

That was the contents of the 27c65cbd_manila file when everything was stock, the InternetPortal-en-us.xml did not exist. Since the 27c65cbd_manila file is now gone, maybe the InternetPortal-en-us.xml now does. I'll check and let you know. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:24 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Quote:
That was the contents of the 27c65cbd_manila file when everything was stock, the InternetPortal-en-us.xml did not exist. Since the 27c65cbd_manila file is now gone, maybe the InternetPortal-en-us.xml now does. I'll check and let you know. Thanks for the input.

No problem, hope that gets you what you want.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software