PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 06:46 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {{CHT-APP}}{{2-Dec-2010}}CHTScheduler 2.15 - Sense/CHT-Profile-Management

ok so i just started digging into this app and will refrain from the many questions i have (as most are slowly being answered as i spend more time) but i do have a couple questions.

now in chte there is a export feature for settings,is this seperate from all the export settings in chts? this is the order i been doing my backups, want to see if im doing it logically. after a flash i set up all sense and chte settings w/ a complete empty home screen layout. exported chte settings. installed chts and did a save baseline. then i started making homescreen layout and messing with the chts settings. i just saved my 1st layout (day). and i want to make more layouts for nite and work but have another question b4 that...can different layouts have different chte settings (such as differnt pages an levels)? after i get the other layouts done and saved, ill make a chts settings backup and then after that a full sense backup. is that logical, am i missing steps or adding to many?

im not sure i understand the ignore settings in chts

thanks for any help
Old 01-01-2011, 05:27 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
ok so i just started digging into this app and will refrain from the many questions i have (as most are slowly being answered as i spend more time) but i do have a couple questions.

now in chte there is a export feature for settings,is this seperate from all the export settings in chts? this is the order i been doing my backups, want to see if im doing it logically. after a flash i set up all sense and chte settings w/ a complete empty home screen layout. exported chte settings. installed chts and did a save baseline. then i started making homescreen layout and messing with the chts settings. i just saved my 1st layout (day). and i want to make more layouts for nite and work but have another question b4 that...can different layouts have different chte settings (such as differnt pages an levels)? after i get the other layouts done and saved, ill make a chts settings backup and then after that a full sense backup. is that logical, am i missing steps or adding to many?

im not sure i understand the ignore settings in chts

thanks for any help
Yeah, you pretty much got it bud.
You can essentially just use the save Baseline and layout settings from CHTS and skip the CHTE export, but doing both is a safe way to do it as well. In other words, CHTS is made to also back up all reg settings from CHTE for each layout.
So, yes you can have different CHTE settings and different page settings, widgets, themes, etc for each layout you save.
The themes saving is currently being worked on, to be even more thorough, which will essentially save much time, for you when switching themes with your profiles.

The ignore settings, are for any of those elements that you want CHTS to ignore when saving that layout.
So that you don't end up switching a particular element that you want left alone. Some of these, if not switched, can prevent the need for a Sense Restart on profile change.

I hope that helps answer a few of your preliminary questions.
There are many options in CHTS, just don't let that interfere with what you want to use it for. It is meant to cover many different needs and can be used for only what you need from it.

There has also been an Add-on made for it recently, called CHTSLoco.
As soon as we get it operating on CDMA, look for that also, to add the ability to change profile(layout) based on current location as well.

Happy New Year PPCGeekers!!!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 01-01-2011 at 05:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:08 PM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

its funny cause honestly i tried it before but was a bit overwhelming at the time. now that i have some some time i wanted to just use to control my data thus giving more battery, in theory. but once i got in, what the heck, changed my sound and backlight profiles and trying out the different walls per profile. so it kinda sucked me in deeper as i understand further what im changing. i havent gotten into different themes per layout but def. like that i can change pages/levels per.

feeling like a noob w/ the ignore settings still thou. automaticly they were/still are checked to the on position. so lets use the ignore wall setting as example, its on, so does that mean it ignores my wall change for each of my 4 profiles? it does take some time to actually switch the wall after a profile change. i dont mind, actually perfer, the sense restart per profile, expecially sense im gonna change the layouts. so what does this mean for me. also i cant figure out why 2 walls on my sd wont be found by chts, as 1 i want for my free time.

thanks 4 the help as always santod

if u have time, is there a way to check my chts settings to make sure there arent any "double negatives" an such? is that accessed via the chtsettings.xml on sd?
Old 01-01-2011, 03:12 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
its funny cause honestly i tried it before but was a bit overwhelming at the time. now that i have some some time i wanted to just use to control my data thus giving more battery, in theory. but once i got in, what the heck, changed my sound and backlight profiles and trying out the different walls per profile. so it kinda sucked me in deeper as i understand further what im changing. i havent gotten into different themes per layout but def. like that i can change pages/levels per.

feeling like a noob w/ the ignore settings still thou. automaticly they were/still are checked to the on position. so lets use the ignore wall setting as example, its on, so does that mean it ignores my wall change for each of my 4 profiles? it does take some time to actually switch the wall after a profile change. i dont mind, actually perfer, the sense restart per profile, expecially sense im gonna change the layouts. so what does this mean for me. also i cant figure out why 2 walls on my sd wont be found by chts, as 1 i want for my free time.

thanks 4 the help as always santod

if u have time, is there a way to check my chts settings to make sure there arent any "double negatives" an such? is that accessed via the chtsettings.xml on sd?
Haha, yeah, once you get in there and start understanding what all can be changed, it's hard not to add more and more to each profile.

As for the ignore switch, you got the idea.
If you set it to ignore wallpaper, it will ignore the specified wallpaper directory for said profile, upon switching.

As for your wallpapers not being found, are they in the chosen directory for said profile, which you want to use them?
Are they jpeg or png?

Yes, feel free to post your CHTSsettings.xml from the CHTscheduler folder in the Program Files directory. I will be happy to look them over for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:03 PM
HI Fly Guy

for ignore wall doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose to having different walls for said profile. i only using initial wall for each profile which is different. so what are we ignoring, the directory/settings of chte or chts? sorry i know its me but it hasnt clicked (its never this hard which makes it even more frustrating) i have a feeling its gonna be 1 of those well no shit moments

and yea the wall that cant be found is png but i checked and png and jpeg both show just not this 1. i tried putting on device but still nothing. checked the properties and they seem the same as the others that do show up.

thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 11:27 PM
HI Fly Guy

just flashed and have some questions bout restoring

on my sd/chtscheduler folder i have folders: baseline, layout 1-4 and chtssettings.xml / chtssettings.xml.beforestore

the rom i flashed is a different wm build but same manila version so what does that mean for my baseline? do i delete old and re-do the baseline?

what is the chtssettings.xml.beforestore? i cant remember if i did a backup of chts settings but would that be the chtssettings?

just for clarification all widget cabs used and all widget skin cabs used in the saved layout DO need to be installed prior to a chts restore?

i know i have done something wrong, more like a couple things but when i did install chts on the new rom my layouts auto appear in settings but nothing at all on the home screen. the carrier text is shifted further down on the left than normal and the home tabs show (when i use/set the cht softkeys both in the saved layouts and prior to installing chts)

thanks for any help im kinda stuck on setting up until i get this figured out

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software