PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.892; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.892; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

what do you have throttle speed set to?
The recommended, 604. maybe I just need to play with it and find one that works?

a side question, in your last post to me you double quoted. you had your quote and my last one together instead of seperate. How does one do that? I have not been able to figure that out. Sorry to get off topic...now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
strange stuff. yeah your settings seem ok. might be your phone, your rom, who knows...
when are your sod's occurring?

as far as the format of my replies - sorry but a lot of the time I reply from my tp2 using the mobile forums in opera mini so...doesn't show me the quote box just my reply when typing
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/8/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Quote:

strange stuff. yeah your settings seem ok. might be your phone, your rom, who knows...
when are your sod's occurring?

as far as the format of my replies - sorry but a lot of the time I reply from my tp2 using the mobile forums in opera mini so...doesn't show me the quote box just my reply when typing
My SOD's are random, though they seem to be when the battery get to around 50% or less.

no worries about the format. Thanks and thanked you for trying to help me!! Like i said I will just have to play with it and figure out one that works. Keep up the good work man!!=D>
Old 08-10-2010, 05:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Holyman007 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
OK...I installed PS (Full) and have been TRYING to replicate what you are getting. But so far...nothing. No SOD, lockups, freezes, nada...

Will keep trying but so far nothing...turning screen but dont unlock and let PS put phone to sleep, call my phone when PS is on, dont answer it and let PS put phone to sleep, etc...
Nothing seems to cause issue on my phone...

Just a thought, can you try something and see what it does?
Go into your registry, and change HKLM\SOFTWARE\PocketShield\SLEEPWAIT to 70
Then go to Settings, Sounds & Display, Backlight
Set it up so on Battery Power you Dim after 30sec, and Turn off after 60sec.
Soft Reset.

Test that out - see if it helps you. I can confirm that this way, if your phone is asleep and you get a missed call or whatever and dont unlock, it does NOT put it back to sleep. Windows does after the 60sec.
Maybe if we can get windows to manage your power settings instead of PS it will prevent your issues...dont know. Worth a shot!
Alright, I'll try that out. I did have 15 sec auto-screen-off if it didn't unlock from pocketshield. Maybe you're right, if pocketshield turns the screen off, the phone doesn't throttle down to the safe speed.

I edited the reg key so it shuts off in 240 seconds so even if I accidentally touch the screen multiple times while it's still locked (causing windows screen timer to reset), windows has a a couple more minutes to turn the screen off before pocketshield turns it off, causing a SOD.

So far, it's looking good. I've tested out a missed call without touching the phone, letting it go back into pocketshield and letting windows lock the phone (after 60 secs of the phone call ending) and then being able to turn it on again.

I just wish I could use the pocketshield 15 sec turn-off so it doesn't waste battery if I accidentally turn the phone on. Oh well, I guess I'll have to compromise.

Thanks for your help btw.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

For what it's worth, I have pocketshield set to auto off at 20 seconds and have the phone OC to 748 without any issues...
Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

need bb is a n00b

Every time I boot I get the following error:

Backlight/DispOn Key was not found!

I am running a Diamond with Energy Rom.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

quickdraw62 is a n00b

Quote:
HOLY CR@P! You are complaining of SOD issues clocked that high!?!?!

Have you tried back it down - to like 748? I would say run at 748ish for a WEEK and if you dont have any issue move up ONE notch and run for another week. I am wondering if you have SOD issues or that you are just trying to OC too high. For reference - I have found 768 is the highest I can OC without issue...

Yeah keep safe at 604, polling at 1000. But man - lower your boost to around 748 and than use it for a long period of time. You arent going to know your max. STABLE OC until you do it this way!

Anyway - glad that it sounds like it is working...keep us posted!
I set it to what you have suggested so we'll see how that works. Again thanks for your continual patience nayr.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by need bb View Post
Every time I boot I get the following error:

Backlight/DispOn Key was not found!

I am running a Diamond with Energy Rom.
you are in the 1% that doesnt have the DispOn key (or at least it is not in the 2 locations we have found it in). you will either have to find a key in your registry related to DispOn or Backlight, change ROMs, or try a different method of preventing SOD (SetCpuSpeed).
Old 08-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw62 View Post
I set it to what you have suggested so we'll see how that works. Again thanks for your continual patience nayr.
no problem - i hope we get it working error free. i run my phone at 748 typically, 768 max - but you will have to slowly test what your phone/rom can handle.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
anyone else on nrg's latest maxsense jul 8th? having sod issues? or have a fix that doesn't lock up the phone on a call? hehe
I would advise using the v3 of the script. I can max out on v3 (787.2mhz) w/o a SOD ever. v4+ all give me trouble though
Old 08-14-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
I would advise using the v3 of the script. I can max out on v3 (787.2mhz) w/o a SOD ever. v4+ all give me trouble though

thanks for the tip on 787.2, definitely working like a dream with no issues. I also use v3 script. but im giving 4.21 a shot to see how well it works.

Current Rom: MR.X 2.5 21903 + CHT 1.8.5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software