PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sense 2.5 + CHT1.7.1 = No Manila Files? What happened?

So I have moved from MM3.0 to CHT1.7.1 with a ROM upgrade and now I want to change the stupid laggy flip clock to a standard sprint clock like there was in MM3.0.

HOWEVER, I have found that with CHT installed, I can only pull 143 regular manila files off my phone (not 1000+ like I could before). This leaves me with hardly any options for customizing the interface and not to mention, I can't replace this flip clock.

I imported the manila files into CFC GUI and converted the files to PNG's and there is no flip clock present. How can I fix this issue?
Old 04-25-2010, 10:31 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Sense 2.5 + CHT1.7.1 = No Manila Files? What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
So I have moved from MM3.0 to CHT1.7.1 with a ROM upgrade and now I want to change the stupid laggy flip clock to a standard sprint clock like there was in MM3.0.

HOWEVER, I have found that with CHT installed, I can only pull 143 regular manila files off my phone (not 1000+ like I could before). This leaves me with hardly any options for customizing the interface and not to mention, I can't replace this flip clock.

I imported the manila files into CFC GUI and converted the files to PNG's and there is no flip clock present. How can I fix this issue?
Wow, just wow, lol.
You have more manila files then that.
With or without CHT 1.7.1.
I don't at all recommend trying to get rid of the flip clock by overwriting the files.
You can change the graphics of the flip clock, but to make it function differently, would mean modifiying some of the mode 9 and lua files installed by CHT.
Anyhow, I would not mess with stuff that you are unsure of what you should be modifying or how.
Or you will mess up your os install, HTC Sense included.
You can't just make the clock stop flipping by replacing graphics.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 04-25-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Wow, just wow, lol.
You have more manila files then that.
With or without CHT 1.7.1.
I don't at all recommend trying to get rid of the flip clock by overwriting the files.
You can change the graphics of the flip clock, but to make it function differently, would mean modifiying some of the mode 9 and lua files installed by CHT.
Anyhow, I would not mess with stuff that you are unsure of what you should be modifying or how.
Or you will mess up your os install, HTC Sense included.
You can't just make the clock stop flipping by replacing graphics.
Don't worry Santod, I know what I am doing with the modification of the files... replacing them with other files via CFC GUI and making sure they are compressed. I have done this before. But I swear to you, I only have 143 files in my Windows folder.

I went about it the typical way by sorting by filetype and copying all the manila files that are of type "File." That is how I have learned to do it from bignadad. However, I guess CHT modifies a crap load of manila files and turns them into PNG's or something because I have a million PNG files in my windows folder that I have never had there before.

I don't want to stop the clock from flipping either, I just want to go to a sprint clock that never flips in the first place like I had on MaxManila.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:25 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Don't worry Santod, I know what I am doing with the modification of the files... replacing them with other files via CFC GUI and making sure they are compressed. I have done this before. But I swear to you, I only have 143 files in my Windows folder.

I went about it the typical way by sorting by filetype and copying all the manila files that are of type "File." That is how I have learned to do it from bignadad. However, I guess CHT modifies a crap load of manila files and turns them into PNG's or something because I have a million PNG files in my windows folder that I have never had there before.

I don't want to stop the clock from flipping either, I just want to go to a sprint clock that never flips in the first place like I had on MaxManila.
Well, CHT does not modify a crapload of manila files.
It does not turn anything into png's either.

But what I'm telling you, is you are not gonna be able to make the sprint non flip clock work, unless you start messing with decompiling, editing, and recompiling lua scripts. As well as modifying the mode9 files in CHT.
I honestly don't think you do realize what you are doing, or you would stop.
What you are doing is not going to work the way you are doing it.
Sorry to bear the bad news and truth.
Just trying to save you some grief.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:41 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

I have CHT 1.7.1 and have 3,352 manila files.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well, CHT does not modify a crapload of manila files.
It does not turn anything into png's either.

But what I'm telling you, is you are not gonna be able to make the sprint non flip clock work, unless you start messing with decompiling, editing, and recompiling lua scripts. As well as modifying the mode9 files in CHT.
I honestly don't think you do realize what you are doing, or you would stop.
What you are doing is not going to work the way you are doing it.
Sorry to bear the bad news and truth.
Just trying to save you some grief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
I have CHT 1.7.1 and have 3,352 manila files.
Well how the hell can I get rid of this flip clock? It lags like a mofo when it flips! I like CHT, but MM3.0 was faster about 50% of the time.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:06 AM
"MODS"

Quote:
Well how the hell can I get rid of this flip clock? It lags like a mofo when it flips! I like CHT, but MM3.0 was faster about 50% of the time.
There isn't a way as of now in CHT.
Unless you just use the analog clock.
If you prefer MaxM, you may want to stick with that then.
If the reason you use it, is for the non flip clock especially.

I was working on a nonflip clock last night, as a matter of fact, which is why I can confirm that you would need to edit quite a bit of things to get it working on CHT 1.7.1.
My suggestion is to wait until one is integrated properly.
Instead of trying to hack one in, as you'll likely make it worse, not better.

Here is what I had working last night, and it's still not PERFECT!
But it does not flip, has no lines through the digits, and resembles a digital clock.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
There isn't a way as of now in CHT.
Unless you just use the analog clock.
If you prefer MaxM, you may want to stick with that then.
If the reason you use it, is for the non flip clock especially.

I was working on a nonflip clock last night, as a matter of fact, which is why I can confirm that you would need to edit quite a bit of things to get it working on CHT 1.7.1.
My suggestion is to wait until one is integrated properly.
Instead of trying to hack one in, as you'll likely make it worse, not better.

Here is what I had working last night, and it's still not PERFECT!
But it does not flip, has no lines through the digits, and resembles a digital clock.

That looks great man! Can't wait for you to have it done... that's exactly what I want
Old 04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just an FYI.. this one isn't absolutely perfect, but it's the one I use and it WORKS.. I don't know if it would work well or not if installed after CHT but it's worth a try

I installed it BEFORE I installed CHT 1.7.1 (along w/ a few other manila mods.. )

this .cab will make the clock stop flipping.
Attached Files
File Type: cab OMJ_Stop.Clock.Flip.cab (30.1 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software