PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

spidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dusk Theme By Pegasus *~ Updated~* (12/23/09) Slider overhauled

Quote:
Originally Posted by webctbill View Post
Hey Spidy,

Thanks for the reply,

As with every slider that is transparent or invisible the calendar date always looks cheesy and almost never lines up with the background. If there was a way to not have the date on the slider and just on the background that may solve that problem.
The icons just look to cartoony for my taste.
I thought the original dusk slider was built in and didn't have a separate cab file.

Also this is starting to eat up memory very fast. After each install and then uninstall attempt, it seemed to keep the previous install in memory.

When I started out I had 200K, after all of the updates i was down to 160K.
This was all installed on device.

I don't mind restoring backups but when you have to hard reset, that may get troublesome.

what every you guys do will be appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all.

Bill
i see what you mean... yeah, im gonna have to leave that for pegasus, hes the creator so he knows it all

i really dont do anything, i just try help out where i can with what i know just to try make everyone elses life easier and i learn in the process.

well i hope you manage what youre trying.

And have a very Merry Christmas!

If I help... please hit the "thanks" , I know I always do!
Old 12-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Forseth is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidrweb View Post
if i may ask... in what order did you uninstall them?
did you roll back from the end to beginning, beginning to end, or just random?
(ie: what i mean is, say if first you installed the theme, then the then the clock, then the dialer... how did u try uninstall, dialer, clock and theme... theme, clock and dialer or just randomly selected what to uninstall first?)

i only ask, coz i uninstalled this theme once (i normally always reflash the rom for a clean start coz you never remove all the internal files when uninstalling just like in a normal home computer) ans to uninstall i rolled back (last thing i installed was the first thing i uninstalled, and the first thing i installed was the last i uninstalled) and it uninstalled perfectly.
i just went into the add/remove programs on my deevice manager on my computer and tried to uninstall the modified dusk theme. when it gave me the "couldnt remove all of the file" error. i uninstalled everything but the invisible clock background (which also couldn't be removed in its entirety) and the theme.

if i revert back to defaults and wipe my device do i lose all my contacts and photos and all that stuff?
Old 12-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: PAGEPLUS

ghazi is a n00b

Thanks for the update.
now with the new update of bw slider, the icon for calender shows up on both the slider and the background.
before it was just a date on the slider
just wanted to inform, didnt mean to bit** about it by any means
Old 12-23-2009, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forseth View Post
i just went into the add/remove programs on my deevice manager on my computer and tried to uninstall the modified dusk theme. when it gave me the "couldnt remove all of the file" error. i uninstalled everything but the invisible clock background (which also couldn't be removed in its entirety) and the theme.

if i revert back to defaults and wipe my device do i lose all my contacts and photos and all that stuff?
What you should do is try to install it again. If it says it needs to remove the previous install, go ahead and do so. If it says cannot remove then proceed with the install. Hit OK to reset. It's weird but after you complete the install it actually uninstalls.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:33 PM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by webctbill View Post
Hey Spidy,

Thanks for the reply,

As with every slider that is transparent or invisible the calendar date always looks cheesy and almost never lines up with the background. If there was a way to not have the date on the slider and just on the background that may solve that problem.
The icons just look to cartoony for my taste.
I thought the original dusk slider was built in and didn't have a separate cab file.

Also this is starting to eat up memory very fast. After each install and then uninstall attempt, it seemed to keep the previous install in memory.

When I started out I had 200K, after all of the updates i was down to 160K.
This was all installed on device.

I don't mind restoring backups but when you have to hard reset, that may get troublesome.

what every you guys do will be appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all.

Bill
Here is the original slider, I will not be putting it back into the theme I do not like it.
It sounds like you do need to start over from scratch though, none of my theme shouyld take up any more space than the rom you are running as its not adding anything, but changing them. And after so many attempts at installing and uninstalling thats prob where your having trouble.

Also did you look at the slider set i put up last night they are all aligned perfectly, no overlap.

Original Dusk Slider.cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:39 PM
The Great Winged Horse
Threadstarter

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forseth View Post

Make sure you have dloaded the lasted ver and reinstall then uninstall if you want, I dont know why you guys are having problems uninstallng this, I have been installing diff ver and uninstalling them with no problems the whole time Ive been working on this project.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Dusk Theme By Pegasus *~ Updated~* (12/19/09)

Sorry for the delay in responding....

The top and bottom bars don't change upon initial installation and restart of the 12/19 Dusk theme cab. It retains the previous theme. Only when you manually change the theme, then back to Dusk does it change the top and bottom bars. I've have this happen before with other devices and themes.

I'm running MM Love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post
What elements not working and which ver are you installing?
Old 12-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touchpro 2
Carrier: Tmobile

jcc332006 is a n00b

Pegasus, Would You happen to have Manilla Files for sense 2.1 weather animation on all background? Im using Manilla 1920 Thanks! Ive Tried Apristels All Background Cab but no Luck.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:02 AM
The Great Winged Horse
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk View Post
Sorry for the delay in responding....

The top and bottom bars don't change upon initial installation and restart of the 12/19 Dusk theme cab. It retains the previous theme. Only when you manually change the theme, then back to Dusk does it change the top and bottom bars. I've have this happen before with other devices and themes.

I'm running MM Love.
thats a quirk I havent figured out yet ,It will change manually though right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc332006 View Post
Pegasus, Would You happen to have Manilla Files for sense 2.1 weather animation on all background? Im using Manilla 1920 Thanks! Ive Tried Apristels All Background Cab but no Luck.
I use HDWalls exclusively. BG$all changes thing that shouldnt be changed and mess with lanscape. So if you want a different walpaper from this theme , You need to use hd walls w/6.5 no compression settings.
Make your wallpaper, Convert it your making bars, Then cab it up.

Install and select default wallpaper WALA wheather animations'

Last edited by Pegasus"143"; 12-24-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes, no problems with manual change. Thanks again for all the work you are doing with this. The new taskbar looks slick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post
thats aquirk I havent firgured out yet ,It will change manually thouhg right ?

I use HDWallss exclusively. BG$all changrs thing that shoulnd bel changed and mess with lanscape. So if you want a differentwalpaper from this theme ,Toy need to use hd walls w/6.5 no compression settings.
Make your wallpaper, Convert it your making bars, Them cabbit up.

Install am select default wallpaper wala wether ami's

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software