PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 11:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CHome/Titanium Modifications

I think it depends on what all is tied to that GUID. I have only really messed with welcomecenter and settings. You can give it a shot, but you'll have to edit the cpr's so that the icons and the name of your panels will be displayed properly. Give it a quick try and see if it will work on a new panel, and then if you need help with the cpr I don't mind helping with that.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lelalouf is a n00b

Yeah, I'll mess with it to see, but first I want to backup what I've got cause I got my rom almost done the way I like it. Don't want to start over! I post results tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No problem! I'll take a look at some more stuff in the morning. I just got my phone reflashed and set up how I like it for the most part, minus Titanium modifications. I've about had my fill for the evening, so I'll get back at it tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:50 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Ok...I took the lazy route on that edit. I'll post a more extensive edit for you to try in a few minutes. If you don't have time to mess with it, I'll test it out and get it working once I get my ROM configured the way I want it. In the meantime, check this out:

Titanium Weather Version 3 Released! I haven't had time to see how this affects any changes that have been made to custom panels. I'm assuming any changes to the launcher panel will be lost, but I don't know how, if any, the other sections in the cpr's have been changed. This is on my to-do list in the morning.

Download it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...51&postcount=1

it slightly affects panels, but if you set it up, you should have no problem correcting the problem. it edits the ExtensibilityXML string. just re-edit it and you should be good to go. also, it will delete page 1 from your launcher (CLinks), so you'll have to re-add it...
Old 04-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Lurker

showaco is keeping up the good workshowaco is keeping up the good work

Y'all may have missed it, but there is another GUID that can be used(and should probably be the basis for all custom panels). Its from the htc sliding panels for smartphone and is the GUID that all htc panels are based on. Here's some of the reg files from v3 titaniumweather for example:

Notice that you must specify a data source(in this case is this registry location), and a layout(this would be panel name inside the cpr). It also uses the Updated dword value. This can update the panel when value is toggled. I toggle it between 0 and 1 for the weather app to update when data is downloaded.
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\TitaniumWeather]
"Updated"=dword:00000001
"Pages"="Page1;Page2;Page3;Page4;Page5;Page6;Page7;Page9;Page8"
"DataSource"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\CHome\\TitaniumWeather"
"GUID"="{F0A1B246-6E64-40cd-8E15-347D29FF6F18}"
"Layout"="TitaniumWeather"
"LocName"="TitaniumWeather"
"ICONPATHS"="\\Windows\\Neo_Weather.png;\\Windows\\Neo_Weather.png;\\Windows\\Neo_Weather.png"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\TitaniumWeather\Page1]
"Time"="07:54 PM"
"CurrentTemp"="60°"
"CurrentIcon"="\\Program Files\\TitaniumWeather\\condicons\\06.png"
"TodayTemps"="67°/56°"
"Day1Icon"="\\Program Files\\TitaniumWeather\\condicons\\07.png"
"Highs"="H: 75           75           76           75"
"Lows"="L:    51           49           56           60"
"Day5Icon"="\\Program Files\\TitaniumWeather\\condicons\\04.png"
"Days"="Sun         Mon         Tue         Wed"
"Day4Icon"="\\Program Files\\TitaniumWeather\\condicons\\03.png"
"Day3Icon"="\\Program Files\\TitaniumWeather\\condicons\\02.png"
"Day2Icon"="\\Program Files\\TitaniumWeather\\condicons\\15.png"
"ACTIONURL"="\\Program Files\\TitaniumWeather\\TitaniumWeather.mscr"
"SK2URL"="\\Program Files\\TitaniumWeather\\TitaniumWeatherOptions.mscr"
"SK2TEXT"="Menu"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\TitaniumWeather\CondensedPage]
"PluginLabel"="60° Mostly Cloudy"
With this GUID, you will also need to make your panel layout in your cpr since it won't be using an existing panel. It can read any text string or image location from registry. In cpr file there must be a corresponding image or text line with same name as reg entry. For example, here's my v3 cpr section. You will be able to find the reg values above for page1 listed in cpr along with there position values. You'll notice that there are many image and text files, but the reg above doesn't use all of them. You can define all for all the pages in the cpr, but then use different ones for different pages of the panel. This way you can have different layouts for each page of a single panel.
Code:
  <!-- TitaniumWeather -->
  <Layer ID="TitaniumWeatherExpanded" Visible="False" Width="480" Height="180">
    <Layer ID="Page">
      <!-- Page1 icons -->
      <Image ID="CurrentIcon" Left="10" Top="-10" Width="120" Height="120"/>
      <Image ID="Day2Icon" Left="195" Top="25" Width="60" Height="60" /> 
      <Image ID="Day3Icon" Left="265" Top="25" Width="60" Height="60" /> 
      <Image ID="Day4Icon" Left="335" Top="25" Width="60" Height="60" /> 
      <Image ID="Day5Icon" Left="410" Top="25" Width="60" Height="60" />

<!-- detail pages icons -->
    <Image ID="ForecastIcon" Left="10" Top="-10" Width="120" Height="120"/>

<!-- detail pages text --> 
      <Text ID="CurrentTemp2" Left="0" Top="-8" Width="168" Height="50" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="18" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
          <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>
          <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetNone" Color="#FFFFFFFF"/>
      </Text>
      <Text ID="Temps" Left="5" Top="90" Width="130" Height="70" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="17" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
          <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>
      </Text>
        <Text ID="Day" Left="161" Top="17" Width="470" Height="60" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
        </Text>
        <Text ID="Desc" Left="161" Top="43" Width="470" Height="60" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
        </Text>
        <Text ID="Winds" Left="161" Top="69" Width="470" Height="30" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="7" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
        </Text>
        <Text ID="Prec" Left="161" Top="92" Width="470" Height="30" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="7" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
        </Text>
        <Text ID="Other" Left="161" Top="115" Width="470" Height="30" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="7" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
        </Text>

<!-- Page1 text -->
      <Text ID="CurrentTemp" Left="0" Top="-10" Width="190" Height="70" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="22" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
      </Text>
      <Text ID="TodayTemps" Left="2" Top="92" Width="150" Height="50" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="7" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
      </Text>
      <Text ID="Days" Left="205" Top="80" Width="370" Height="50" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="6" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
      </Text>
      <Text ID="Highs" Left="188" Top="100" Width="370" Height="50" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="6" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
      </Text>
      <Text ID="Lows" Left="188" Top="118" Width="380" Height="50" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="6" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
      </Text>
      <Text ID="Time" Left="2" Top="113" Width="150" Height="20" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="6" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
      </Text>

</Layer>
  </Layer>
  <Layer ID="TitaniumWeatherCondensed" Visible="False" Width="480" Height="60">
    <Layer ID="Page">
      <Text ID="PluginLabel" Left="20" Top="8" Width="460" Height="52" FontFamily="Segoe UI" FontSize="16" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"  Text="voicemail">
      </Text>
    </Layer>
  </Layer>
drkfngthdragnlrd found this GUID and pointed it out to me, so all thanks go to him. Now a panel could be made for almost anything now with this. Use your imagination of what you'd like to see. It would be possible to add Pocket SportsCenter to a panel too, baseball and football scores that auto update=D>

Last edited by showaco; 04-12-2009 at 01:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre

fishfuzz is keeping up the good workfishfuzz is keeping up the good work

That made my brain hurt a little. Going to have to read this a few times and play around with the settings to see how it works.

So we now have 4 GUIDs to work with?
Old 04-12-2009, 01:23 AM
the World Watcher

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by showaco View Post
Now a panel could be made for almost anything now with this. Use your imagination of what you'd like to see. It would be possible to add Pocket SportsCenter to a panel too, baseball and football scores that auto update=D>
i'd like to see an RSS feed panel... possible?
Old 04-12-2009, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

bx718bklyn is just getting started

[quote=chuggy;841992]
-Now you will need to open whatever regedit software you use. Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome.
-Open ExtensibilityXML. In the string, you will need to insert the name of the panel you just created in the place you want it to be displayed on the CHome home screen. The plugins are separated by a ";"
-Save your changes and soft reset.

-In your registry editor, go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Clinks Copy the string value for GUID.
Go to HKLM\Security\CHome\DefaultSettings\Speed Dial Paste the GUID string value that you copied. Make sure it overrites the old GUID and doesnt give a GUID[1] if it does erase the old GUID and rename the new one.
-Copy the .cpr files from the attached cab and replace the existing ones in your Windows folder (thanks to Hafrust for the Cab).

Can I add more than one tab this way and do have to do the ";" i nthe extensibilty xml for all tabs?
Old 04-12-2009, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre

fishfuzz is keeping up the good workfishfuzz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
it slightly affects panels, but if you set it up, you should have no problem correcting the problem. it edits the ExtensibilityXML string. just re-edit it and you should be good to go. also, it will delete page 1 from your launcher (CLinks), so you'll have to re-add it...
Yep. Borked the panels nice. CHome Configurator now seems to be skipping the reboot question and not consistently saving after using the new weather app.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:45 AM
the World Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
Hafrust do you know the default icon size? I notice some icons are cut off in my Programs Panel.
did you ever figure this out? if not, what i did was edit the picture i wanted to use in photoshop... i increased the canvas size to the top of the picture by 16.5% ... that way, all it was cutting off was the transparency (also, remember that if the picture isn't square, it will get slightly squashed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfuzz View Post
CHome Configurator now seems to be skipping the reboot question
i noticed this too! which is a good thing, considering i never rebooted anyways

Last edited by strra; 04-12-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks