PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23049

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
I am sure something new in one of the roms will come up but man i feel your last few roms are good enough to call it a day

*EDIT*
two things,
I am probably pulling the trigger on the TP2. So i hope to see you on the flip side, Assuming i get the courage to shell out the cash, and second. If i keep my mogul without any plan, it should continue to work with tomtom right in offline mode? pick up a gps signal etc. I am not exactly sure how assisted gps works or if its need for the mogul to pick up a signal.
I use TomTom 6 and iGo 6 on 2 of my Qwest 6800's.
I just change the reg value for AGPS to 0.
Use GPS Test for a primer and sometimes mGpsCmd.
Works great with no cell service.

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 04:37 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

yup, stand alone gps will work. Also another thing that will still work without cell service is your wifi. Anywhere there is an open wifi service you can connect. Airports, coffee shops, hot spots that you have available to you. If you don't have wifi on your laptop for some reason or the wireless card is out on it, then you can use the mogul as an access point for your laptop. This phone is more capable than just a phone.

On a side note. When is cac2us gonna release one the roms he has been building?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
yup, stand alone gps will work. Also another thing that will still work without cell service is your wifi. Anywhere there is an open wifi service you can connect. Airports, coffee shops, hot spots that you have available to you. If you don't have wifi on your laptop for some reason or the wireless card is out on it, then you can use the mogul as an access point for your laptop. This phone is more capable than just a phone.

Thank You Mattsm.
I have been having so much fun cooking up these builds as fast as they come out.
I will look into an upload site soon...
Those LED trophies for GATS put me behind a little.
Got to build more bulbs, so I can buy either a TP1 or TP2.

Also:
I found that the issue with the letter recognizer, is because it is only availible to the 21xxx builds.
I have not tried to mix n match any builds YET.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan 6800

MarvinSk is a n00b

Hello all..

Iam using 23049 and my internet does not work... i get data provisioning errors

any advice
Old 09-17-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
Also:
I found that the issue with the letter recognizer, is because it is only availible to the 21xxx builds.
I have not tried to mix n match any builds YET.

Thanks for this info. I have been playing with my TP2 at the moment. We get so involed in building and at the same time testing other builds, and before you know it "who knows what is what" lol
I never used those features so therefore never paid too much attention.

On a side note folks: Tplane37 enlightened us on the missing dropdown menu for the last two builds. There is no arrow, but if you tap and hold you get results.<<<<-----this is refering to onscreen keyboard

Now all we need is HSPL for our TP2.

cac2us don't settle for tp1, get the TP2 even if it takes alittle bit.

Last edited by mattsm; 09-17-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinSk View Post
Hello all..

Iam using 23049 and my internet does not work... i get data provisioning errors

any advice
ya, try a reflash and if that does not work then flash back to stock and then back to 23049.
While on the stock rom open IE and play around a minute first.

Let us know.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Thanks for this info. I have been playing with my TP2 at the moment. We get so involed in building and at the same time testing other builds, and before you know it "who knows what is what" lol
I never used those features so therefore never paid too much attention.

On a side note folks: Tplane37 enlightened us on the missing dropdown menu for the last two builds. There is no arrow, but if you tap and hold you get results.

Now all we need is HSPL for our TP2.

cac2us don't settle for tp1, get the TP2 even if it takes alittle bit.
Yea, It would be like investing in the 6700 while waiting to be able to afford the 6800.
Next we will see the OLED screens showing up on the next gen.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Iusacell

TecMan is just getting started

Hi mattsm:

I have my HTC MOGUL PPC-6800 with your Mattsm_23017Bare ROM...I tested your Mattsm_23041_Barebones ROM and I don't like it for the font-size, the style (the windows are more bigger than the screen) and Opera Mini doesn't save the password.

Do you recommed me your new Mattsm_23047_Barebones?

Thanks & "Think Different",

TecMan
SPRINT HTC MOGUL PPC-6800
ROM version: Titan 23017-Mattsm
Carrier: Iusacell-Mexico (Plan Elite-50)
Radio version: 3.42.50
Memory Card: 8GB microSDHC
Old 09-17-2009, 08:53 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

The menus in 041 were definately big. There has been much improvement on the newer builds. 23049 is the newest.
Let me know if opera mini is not working on it and I will fix and reupload.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC M8
Carrier: Cricket

deddy777 is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Mattsm 6.5 23049

Quote:

Yes I would have to agree about these phones being more than phones. Even when I was running your 41 with M2d I was able to take notes in word, and jump back and forth between a bible and the internet without crashing. I too have been debating about the TP2, TP1 and heaven forbid the new Hero that will be coming soon. I will still be checking out what new developments come out on the Titan if I don't sell my Titan, so I am looking forward to your continued growth as a cook. You and I you.

Side note (as the reply thread said my not was too short) I am currently running your barebones 49 and running with 21-27 as I have been playing with a 9mb pp, this with the default gui.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development