PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows 6.5 23004 and Previous builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman33 View Post
Believe me, I've already read this entire thread, and searched a little more. I was asking about the messaging button, not the comm manager. Other stuff I'm asking is clarifying. Sorry for being a nuisance though.
voice command not there(horrible program)
message button is fine with build.

Do a hard reset and recheck things.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothgar View Post
2. I have a HTC headphone adapter http://www.amazon.com/OEM-Converter-...7356455&sr=1-1 but I don't get any sound from the headphones. I can double check on another phone when I get to work but I just got the adapter on Friday.
I have the same problem with a third party 3.5mm adapter. It has never worked correctly since I started using custom roms. There is one way I've been able to get it to work that will hopefully work for you too.

1. Start audio before plugging in the adapter.
2. Plug in the adapter with the head phones not plugged into it.
3. Plug in the headphones.

This works every time with the adapter I use. I've tried variations on those steps but it never works. This would not be so bad but as soon as the audio completely stops for more than a few seconds you have to repeat those steps to get it working again (so streaming an album through Orb is not worth it).

Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:03 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post
I have the same problem with a third party 3.5mm adapter. It has never worked correctly since I started using custom roms. There is one way I've been able to get it to work that will hopefully work for you too.

1. Start audio before plugging in the adapter.
2. Plug in the adapter with the head phones not plugged into it.
3. Plug in the headphones.

This works every time with the adapter I use. I've tried variations on those steps but it never works. This would not be so bad but as soon as the audio completely stops for more than a few seconds you have to repeat those steps to get it working again (so streaming an album through Orb is not worth it).

Hope that helps.
So with stock roms this has always worked? I have never used headphones so have never tested this. So if this has never worked on custom roms then maybe there is a driver that needs to be pulled from stock rom. I would like to try and get this working properly cause I know there are users that listen to music,ect. Any search inquiry you have would help.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

rothgar is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rothgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
So with stock roms this has always worked? I have never used headphones so have never tested this. So if this has never worked on custom roms then maybe there is a driver that needs to be pulled from stock rom. I would like to try and get this working properly cause I know there are users that listen to music,ect. Any search inquiry you have would help.
I tried the steps of playing the music first then plugging in in the adapter and then the headphones but it still didn't play for me. I was using WMP (HTC audio manager won't run for me). The WMP works fine playing through the speakers and playing through my A2DP headphones.

My experience with headphones is that they have always worked on previous 6.1 roms for me (dcd, n2chem, and kitchen builds) but this is the first time I have ever tried with a WM 6.5 rom. I have had quite a few different 6.5 roms but my adapter broke so this is the first time I have tested with this adapter and WM 6.5.
VZW Treo 700w
VZW HTC Apache
VZW Motorola Q
VZW Audiovox xv6600
Old 07-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc-6800
Carrier: Cricket

Aok-knight is a n00b

Does anyone know where I can get the voice command cab or a rom that has it built in. I love all these new custom roms. But for bluetooth, voice command these roms sucks. I can't use any of my bluetooth devices with any kind of stability. I drive a lot and it's just kinda wonderful to be able to just say a name and get connected. As far as just using the bluetooth for calls.... most time I can't connect. If I do connect it shows up on my screen as connected but doesn't work with a call. That's with two motorola bluetooth devices. With the Jabra bluetooth I am having real hard time connecting. I can find the device, pair with it but as soon I push connect it goes stright to the disconnected devices. On it's settings it shows as a dialup modem. There is no choice for headset or anything like that.
Thank you guys for all these good work. I am greatful to have known you and use your products.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

thecheet is keeping up the good workthecheet is keeping up the good work

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69126

Try this..2nd post.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
Yeah the adapter I have worked fine with the stock VZW 6.0 & 6.1. I can't say I've tried it with every rom I've flashed over the last year or so(from DCD, Tplane, BBS, you and others), but as far as I can recalled it has never worked properly with custom roms. My work around doesn't seem to work for rothgar, but he is using a different adapter as well.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothgar View Post
I tried the steps of playing the music first then plugging in in the adapter and then the headphones but it still didn't play for me. I was using WMP (HTC audio manager won't run for me). The WMP works fine playing through the speakers and playing through my A2DP headphones.

My experience with headphones is that they have always worked on previous 6.1 roms for me (dcd, n2chem, and kitchen builds) but this is the first time I have ever tried with a WM 6.5 rom. I have had quite a few different 6.5 roms but my adapter broke so this is the first time I have tested with this adapter and WM 6.5.
Hmm, I was hoping that would work for you, but since it's a different adapter it doesn't surprise me. The one I have works (with that connection boogie) with every program I've tried. But without fail if everything is plugged in when I start the audio it doesn't work, ever.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

duffman33 is a n00b

Does anyone else have the issue where the backlight dims after 10 sec no matter what you do setting wise? I even looked in the registry under backlight and couldn't figure out what does what. Anyway, very annoying, so any help would be much appreciated.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC M8
Carrier: Cricket

deddy777 is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: Windows 6.5 23004 and Previous builds

Hey duffman just go into settings\system\batterypower and either change the turn off backlight setting or just uncheck the box; next go into settings\power\advanced and uncheck or change the time value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman33 View Post
Does anyone else have the issue where the backlight dims after 10 sec no matter what you do setting wise? I even looked in the registry under backlight and couldn't figure out what does what. Anyway, very annoying, so any help would be much appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development