PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

ghersh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.5 for Sprint Mogul Build 21728

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenguin_2 View Post
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to answer this in a post separate from my request.

Anyways, why don't you flash back to 6.1? From what you've said, it doesn't seem like you'd get a whole lot of benefit from using 6.5. That being said...

--snip--

Like I said though, from your list of problems it seems like 6.1 might better suit your needs. The start menu and today screen are the two big interface changes between the two, and if you're not liking them I'd suggest thinking about 6.1. Hope this helped.
I'm not sure if you are confusing me with someone else. I'm not sure where I posted that I was having problems or not liking the new interface.

Thanks for answering the other questions!

Greg

Qualcomm QCP2700 + Sharp Wizard -> Handspring Visor + AirPrime SB3000 -> PPC6800 -> TP2
Old 06-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghersh View Post
3. With 6.1, when I pressed START, I had my top 5-6 programs listed at the top... if I pressed "programs", then I would see all the other installed apps. Is there a way to make it when I press start I can see my top 5-6 programs without having to scroll thru the entire list of installed apps?
If you tap and hold on an app icon, you can move it to the top of the menu. All my most used apps are moved to the top of the start menu.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul/Titan

marky-b is a n00b

Do any of you upgraders have tethering setup and working? my tethering hasnt worked (natively) since 6.0 :P
Old 06-09-2009, 12:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

MrPenguin_2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky-b View Post
Do any of you upgraders have tethering setup and working? my tethering hasnt worked (natively) since 6.0 :P
I haven't tethered via USB, but WMWifiRouter works for me.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

ghersh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenguin_2 View Post
I haven't tethered via USB, but WMWifiRouter works for me.
+1 for WMWifiRouter
Old 06-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Lurker

marky-b is a n00b

i havnt tried wmwifirouter on any 6.5 builds yet. i should try that tonight when i get home.

I did, however, successfully tether between both my xp laptop and vista desktop via usb (at separate times, duh) using the "Internet Sharing" app built into this rom (and many others) with almost no configuration.

you just have to make sure your PC Connection is "USB" and your Network Connection is "Phone as Modem".

Thats it. Plug in your phone and then hit "Connect"

enjoy.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

tnsandman is just getting started

been running this rom for 5 days now and really like it. I added HTC task manager,iContact and hTorch to make it just perfect so far. Might add NueLED to stop all the flashing LEd's today though.

Very stable so far.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Lurker

marky-b is a n00b

so, ive been running the rom for less than 24 hours and have spotted a bug that occurs with text messages

for reference: Date/time of screenshots

so, in this first screen shot, the highlighted text message shows that the last activity from "Bri" is dated 6/8:
Screenshot 1

so we click on that text message thread to see that all of my reply texts are dated 6/10.. keep in mind that today is 6/9..
Screenshot 2

so, theres one bug..

also, i've been texting Bri today (6/9) and that conversation is inserting itself further up in the thread (12:40pm and 1:21pm are from 6/9, 6:52pm and 10:47pm are from 6/8 ):
Screenshot 3

so i'm not sure if txt's are getting tagged with the wrong date when being sent or recieved.. Ive since deleted all texts in that thread and am texting Bri again. I'll let you know if they stay in order or if things get jumbled again.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (10.8 KB, 175 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (16.5 KB, 124 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (16.6 KB, 92 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen00.jpg (14.4 KB, 102 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

jmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuff

Hey all sorry I have not posted lately but I started a new job this week. Yes Im employed as a Network Tech now so i wont be able to keep an eye on this thread as much. I did put together a 21806 build and ran it for a day but It did not run well so I will not be posting it. I actually went back to 21728. It seems to be very stable.
I'll keep checking this thread in the evening, and when new builds come out I will check them out and post if they are worthy.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Good luck with the new position.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development