PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

vwhater is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: WM6.5 for Sprint Mogul Build 21728

hey I just wanna thank you in advance but I have a cpl of questions. im currently running 6.2 and enjoy the simplicity. what's new with 6.5? touchflow(just saw in youtube program)? still have youtube? craigslist editor? weather screen(with wiper) anyways mainly just wanna give a huge thanks for the work all you guys put in to my phone "the coolest"
Old 06-06-2009, 03:13 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: WM6.5 for Sprint Mogul Build 21728

What is the available program memory with this ROM? I am running one right now and my free memory hangs out around 11-13mb which is lower than I would like.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
What is the available program memory with this ROM? I am running one right now and my free memory hangs out around 11-13mb which is lower than I would like.
Mine starts off around 25mb. Just looked at my phone after being on all night and its at 20mb.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

jmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhater View Post
hey I just wanna thank you in advance but I have a cpl of questions. im currently running 6.2 and enjoy the simplicity. what's new with 6.5? touchflow(just saw in youtube program)? still have youtube? craigslist editor? weather screen(with wiper) anyways mainly just wanna give a huge thanks for the work all you guys put in to my phone "the coolest"
biggest diff. in 6.5 vs. 6.1 is finger friendly interface.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Lurker

shaunk is a n00b

First off, thanks jmartin72.

I got this installed last night and so far so good.

However, I can't find the Sprint Navigation. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I use the Sprint Navigation that was built in to 6.1. I'm new to this stuff so roms like the one you posted are a big help. Is there a way to add the Sprint Navigation in without cooking up my own special Kitchen rom?
Old 06-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

There is a cab floating around for it. Try Google or I can PM to you tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Lurker

shaunk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
There is a cab floating around for it. Try Google or I can PM to you tomorrow.
Thanks. I had searched but it didn't occur to me to search for a cab.
I found it over at xda.

It works great ... now I just have to get accustomed to the new UI.

Cheers,
Shaun
Old 06-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

ghersh is a n00b

Well, I've had a Mogul since it first came out. I've only run stock ROMs until now. I unlocked my phone and flashed this puppy. I was nervous at first, but it all went ok. A few things:

1. I download and installed the ROM (and then installed all my apps) before I realized I downloaded the one WITHOUT the task manager icon in the upper right corner. Is there something I can do to install it instead of downloading the other ROM a few posts after the orig. one?

2. I -LOVED- TodayAgenda on 6.1. Is there anything I can do so I can see a few weeks of upcoming appointments on the today screen?

3. With 6.1, when I pressed START, I had my top 5-6 programs listed at the top... if I pressed "programs", then I would see all the other installed apps. Is there a way to make it when I press start I can see my top 5-6 programs without having to scroll thru the entire list of installed apps?

4. Is there a good battery meter I can put onto the today screen?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Qualcomm QCP2700 + Sharp Wizard -> Handspring Visor + AirPrime SB3000 -> PPC6800 -> TP2
Old 06-08-2009, 01:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

MrPenguin_2 is becoming a great contributor

I don't s'pose I could get you to cook a clean Verizon ROM? Every one I've tried has tons of extra crap that I just do not want.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

MrPenguin_2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghersh View Post
Well, I've had a Mogul since it first came out. I've only run stock ROMs until now. I unlocked my phone and flashed this puppy. I was nervous at first, but it all went ok. A few things:

1. I download and installed the ROM (and then installed all my apps) before I realized I downloaded the one WITHOUT the task manager icon in the upper right corner. Is there something I can do to install it instead of downloading the other ROM a few posts after the orig. one?

2. I -LOVED- TodayAgenda on 6.1. Is there anything I can do so I can see a few weeks of upcoming appointments on the today screen?

3. With 6.1, when I pressed START, I had my top 5-6 programs listed at the top... if I pressed "programs", then I would see all the other installed apps. Is there a way to make it when I press start I can see my top 5-6 programs without having to scroll thru the entire list of installed apps?

4. Is there a good battery meter I can put onto the today screen?

Thanks in advance.

Greg
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to answer this in a post separate from my request.

Anyways, why don't you flash back to 6.1? From what you've said, it doesn't seem like you'd get a whole lot of benefit from using 6.5. That being said...

1. Yes, it's called HTC Task Manager (or x-button). I found one here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=365112 You might wanna see if there's a newer version as this one is a year old.

2. As far as I know, you can either have one or the other on 6.5. If you try to use its today plugin then the Windows Default item (Titanium) will turn off.

3. Yes, it's called QuickMenu. As with the last link I gave you, you might want to look around before downloading (I don't use this, so I'm not sure what version is the newest) but here it is: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...menu-v2-7.html.

4. I'm not sure about on the today screen, but dciBattery is a great battery/memory indicator. You can download it from here: http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2009/01/...pocket-pc.html

Like I said though, from your list of problems it seems like 6.1 might better suit your needs. The start menu and today screen are the two big interface changes between the two, and if you're not liking them I'd suggest thinking about 6.1. Hope this helped.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development