PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Don't know

rogomez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Where can I find the roms for the htc mogul 6800?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogomez View Post
Where can I find the roms for the htc mogul 6800?
There are a few pre-made ROMs available if you search. If you want to make your own ROM just foloow the steps in this tutorial.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 05-25-2009, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: vsw

Vacs is a n00b

I have a unmodified xv6800 on Verizon. I'd like to install radio 3.42.50 as a first step towards getting my GPS working. I don't have a way to read or write to a SD card with my computer so I need to ask a couple of questions.

The paragraph below is just copied from the instructions given in this thread. I copied it here for reference.

"So basically you are doing it only to get the radio. That is not your only option to obtain and install a GPS enabled Radio. The following methods are how I did mine. You can download the latest Radio (3.42.30) ( Here is 3.42.40) and place the file (radio) on an SD card, rename that file to TITAIMG.nbh. Place the SD card into the device and put the phone into bootloader mode (Power, camera, reset) and follow the prompts on the screen to update the radio. You can also look for the 3.35 radio on the FTP that is packaged in an installer. All you have to do is plug your phone to your PC and double click the icon, then follow the prompts."

Questions: Would it work if I used Activesync to put the radio on the SD card and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh? If not where can I find the latest radio "packaged in an installer"? I can't seem to find such a thing (although I've seen it mentioned in another thread).

Otherwise is there another way to do this?

Thanks everyone in advance.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You should be able to put the radio in an ruu and install it I believe.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:07 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacs View Post
Questions: Would it work if I used Activesync to put the radio on the SD card and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh?
yes, but you need to rename it b4 you transfer it.

-or-

you can just put the radio in an RUU and make sure you backup your data
Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: vsw

Vacs is a n00b

Hi GaMedic, Puff

I put the radio in an ruu and the ruu started but then said something to the effect that it couldn't program the rom. I tried my idea of putting the radio on the sd card and that didn't work, probably because you cant formate the sd to fat 32 with activesync.
It wold probably be worth it if somebody wanted to retry those things though cause I may have had other problems when I tried it.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:53 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

oh yeah the card needs to be FAT32, what error on the PC?
did u try settings - connections - usb to pc - disable advanced network functionality?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC mogul6800
Carrier: Sprint

jetcat is a n00b

I am trying to unlock my rom. I go to the step by step process and get hung up when my phone is in the bootloader screen. I disconnect the usb and reconnect but I cannot reconnect active sync to finish the unlock procedure.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC6800
Carrier: Sprint

wyl610 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to wyl610

Thank you for helping everyone new to this. I tried to get get help but was not able to receive help from guys and just had to try and figure things out on my own. I wish someone like you woudl have come foward a long time ago and helped out like you did.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Shoot2ill

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

What is the process for loading and editing a previously released .nbh in BuildOS? Say I want to mess around with 21812. Do I need anything besides the TITAIMG.nbh file?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development