PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Welcome to the kitchen, let the cooking begin!!!

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Good job Tarheel
Old 11-26-2008, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Artanis is keeping up the good workArtanis is keeping up the good work
Re: radio upgrade for new baked ROMS

Does anyone have the latest radio 3.42.... packed up, to upgrade using computer. I currently have 3.35 and would like to upgrade but i cant find my stock sd card.

I remember a shell RUU.zip that you can place any nbh in for upgrade using computer but cant find it in back my backups.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
Does anyone have the latest radio 3.42.... packed up, to upgrade using computer. I currently have 3.35 and would like to upgrade but i cant find my stock sd card.

I remember a shell RUU.zip that you can place any nbh in for upgrade using computer but cant find it in back my backups.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
You can find the latest radios on the ftp. Just go there and grab the one you want.
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Radios/

WOW I REPLIED IN MY OWN THREAD!!!
Sorry guys just haven't been on much. Trying to work and recover from my car wreck at the same time. Putting in 56 hours a week on "Light Duty". Just haven't felt like sitting at the computer in the evenings. Thanks to all of those whose jump in here and help out.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 11-26-2008, 06:56 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMedic View Post
WOW I REPLIED IN MY OWN THREAD!!!
Sorry guys just haven't been on much. Trying to work and recover from my car wreck at the same time. Putting in 56 hours a week on "Light Duty". Just haven't felt like sitting at the computer in the evenings. Thanks to all of those whose jump in here and help out.
wow, sorry to hear about the car wreck...
but dont worry... you'll soon be back in action
Old 11-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Sorry to hear about the car accident.. I know how traumatic those can be... You will be 100% Geeky and PPC-ish before you know it..
Old 11-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It was back in APRIL. Still trying to heal. Not suppoosed to happen to a Paramedic. We suppose to be the ones doing the fixin.
Thanks for the kind words.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

motheus is a n00b

I'm a noob to flashing. I ran olipro and got to the tricolor screen, then disconnected per prompt on the desktop. I then inserted an sd card w/ the 3.42.40 gps radio renamed to titaimg.nbh. No response so I repeated the bootloader process. I now have a grey screen with "Loading..." I have yet to reconnect my xv6800 to the PC. Am I on the right track or do I need to do something else.

Also, I would like to flash to a pre-made ROM before diving into cooking my own in the kitchen, but I'm not quite clear on how to do this - is there a good step-by-step somewhere for flashing to pre-made ROMs once you've unlocked and flashed to a GPS radio, and is there a recommended ROM for the xv6800 vs. the Mogul?

Last edited by motheus; 11-28-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prizzo

quadjacks is keeping up the good workquadjacks is keeping up the good work
Wink Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motheus View Post
I'm a noob to flashing. I ran olipro and got to the tricolor screen, ........
The purpose of flashing to a higher number on the OLIPRO is to use the SD method to flash, instead of the USB method. I think your prob, is that you have NOT flashed to the HIGHER number on the OLI yet. You must first flash using USB to the higher number on the OLIPRo, then you may use the SD method to flash from thence forward! Hope this helps!!

Last edited by quadjacks; 11-28-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

motheus is a n00b

Okay, so I worked thru the initial issue. It appears I've flashed the 3.42.40 radio and nueROM-M 201 (keeping it basic, I know). But, as one might guess, I've run into another snag - one I haven't seen repeated yet in this thread or elsewhere: After my call w/ vzw tech supp, I have ingoing/outgoing calls but no internet connection.

Per GaMedic's tutorial, I gave them the whole hard-reset-no-authorization-now-please-ineedanewAkey business, but this guy wanted to try a 1/2 dz. other tricks 1st, which eventually allowed me to make/recieve calls. I kept him on the line while I tested PIE & got the username/password is wrong error msg. We checked my data network connection (using "verizon" and "myphonenumber@vzw3g.com" as usernames and vzw as pw) w/ no success. We also (prior to the preceding steps) changed some values in EPST, which I am attempting to recall now. I have soft-reset throughout this process and am wondering if I need to re-flash the ROM again. At this point vzw's tech supp appears to be out of ideas...can anyone help me out (or point me in the right direction to help myself)?? Thanks!

Last edited by motheus; 11-29-2008 at 09:36 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development