PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32232)

flyers2114 09-18-2008 01:07 PM

Re: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 421920)
it's in the power&backlight control panel. (man do I like that panel!:headbang:)
I'm curious what happened with nueShutdown though (included in 2.2pre's).. it had the reboot option.
anyway, what reg edit are you using? i'm using dotFred, and have no issues changing any reg. (not used msvc for many months) btw, dodFred's has a reboot option in the menu.
and so far pooky006's regedit's have stopped activesync. Thanks, good call!

Still wont allow me to change MSVC...:scratch:

zadok 09-18-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 421920)
...anyway, what reg edit are you using? i'm using dotFred, and have no issues changing any reg. (not used msvc for many months) btw, dodFred's has a reboot option in the menu.

I've used both Resco v7.05, PHMreg. Can't seem to make dotFred install -- ran the cab and then tried the exe -- doesn't want to run.

I have made that registry change in 2.2 builds with Resco - no prob.

Why not now?

Quote:

Edit: The specific value that will neither delete nor allow modification is :

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path \Windows\sddialer.exe

I want to change to HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path \Program Files\Voice Command\voicecmd.exe

Zenoran 09-18-2008 01:51 PM

cooked rom with the new basekit... I didn't really add much just a few basics and it seems to be working flawlessly... no more pokey slow I was getting from pre-cooked ROM...

this ROM is absolutely fantastic.

TurboFool 09-18-2008 02:08 PM

Just built mine, also no bluetooth. :( Not good in California. Still, I'm going to try to use it until a fix is found.

Anyone have any clue what you might have done differently in the kitchen to make yours work?

shaggylive 09-18-2008 02:32 PM

apparently there's an issue with bt drivers in some versions of Drivers_Titan rar. there's a new one up on ppckitchen.org

TurboFool 09-18-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 422119)
apparently there's an issue with bt drivers in some versions of Drivers_Titan rar. there's a new one up on ppckitchen.org

Where can I find that on the site? Because I just built a new one based on 20748 and I assume it'll have the same problem now.

EDIT: Nope, bluetooth works on that one...

no2chem 09-18-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 422169)
Where can I find that on the site? Because I just built a new one based on 20748 and I assume it'll have the same problem now.

EDIT: Nope, bluetooth works on that one...

if you're building with the included drivers, you shouldn't be having a problem... they're slightly different from the ppckitchen standard drivers...

TurboFool 09-18-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 422239)
if you're building with the included drivers, you shouldn't be having a problem... they're slightly different from the ppckitchen standard drivers...

I'm assuming I'm building with the included drivers. I didn't change anything. I just stuck your folders in a nueROM folder, copied the selections file, added entries for the three PPCKitchen OEM store RARs so I could cook those in, and built it.

miguelfp1 09-18-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

no2chem, I'm also having problems with a non-functional Bluetooth, any ideas? I even tried swapping out the Bluetooth drivers with the ones in pre2 to no avail... ](*,)

btw, great work as always!

flyers2114 09-18-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Any word on the registry changes not working? I am going to try the basekit and see what happens....thanks..