PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemorin73 View Post
Is it worth the effort of making the 6800 support the android? Don't get me wrong, I do think the idea of android on 6800 is a wonderful idea. But by the time we get a stable solid version of Android with all the features, is it possible we will all have upgraded that either A) are android phones or B) newer hardware that is already compatible to the androids on the market?
I know that for me, at least, this isn't so much about getting android working to the point of being the primary OS on my Titan as it is about tinkering. Its similar to the reason I have my laptop setup to dual boot Vista and Ubuntu. As a tech geek, and a technology professional, I try to keep current w/ the latest trends and Android is definitely one of them. Also, I enjoy getting a taste of Android and getting familiar with it, so when Sprint does come out w/ an Android based phone, it won't be such a shock to the system when I upgrade. So, that to me is well worth the effort that these fine folks are putting into getting Android working on the Titan and any help I can provide in the way of feedback.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

Hell yea its alot missing but I can access all of that stuff in 30 secs by doing a soft reset.. The hard keyboard works great so the soft keyboard isnt necessary, evdo rev. a works so wifi isnt necessary, gps and a camera would be good but I just reset when I need those.. It is a battery drain tho.. Its past a show and tell feature its actually VERY functional.. I used only android for a few days straight but Its not totally practical yet..

the screen calibration is 90% on, the power save features need a lil help, bluetooth, wifi, gps, and camera... that might sound like alot but with phone, text, internet, hardware keys, app download (not android app market), sound, and sd card working Thats good enough to use android on the weekends or when you get off work and dont need all the extra features...
Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
I know that for me, at least, this isn't so much about getting android working to the point of being the primary OS on my Titan as it is about tinkering. Its similar to the reason I have my laptop setup to dual boot Vista and Ubuntu. As a tech geek, and a technology professional, I try to keep current w/ the latest trends and Android is definitely one of them. Also, I enjoy getting a taste of Android and getting familiar with it, so when Sprint does come out w/ an Android based phone, it won't be such a shock to the system when I upgrade. So, that to me is well worth the effort that these fine folks are putting into getting Android working on the Titan and any help I can provide in the way of feedback.
And the work these guys are doing isnt easy... So if they are willing to practice on the mogul Im not going to complain.. because when we all upgrade they will be able to figure it out faster on newer phones if they so choose to contribute... I could care less if they get it running on an Iphone more = better...
Old 12-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markl17 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to markl17
Cool Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

out of my idle quriosity did any one fixed/made memory workable i.e. the first 64m tied in with the SD card making a hash table to map out the sd memory to make it usable as a \dev\swap or somethung like that and the raster screens which can exalarte graphics amzingly
just couple of questions if any one well read in unix can tell
Old 12-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mougal

cararm2004 is a n00b

i was wondering if any body could tell me what is no2chem 2.2 pre5, and where can i find it.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cararm2004 View Post
i was wondering if any body could tell me what is no2chem 2.2 pre5, and where can i find it.
you get it here:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/No2Chem/ROMs/

keep in mind it's VERY outdated...made months ago
all his new roms will be announced/released on his website at www.nuerom.com
Old 01-02-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Alright Guys... I dunno how many of you have figured out some keys. But after some button mashing, I have found that "Caps Shift" works as a "Back" button. Also, has anyone figured out which button works as the "Menu" Through my button mashing i came across it, But didnt notice which. I also get text Messages, but it doesnt display cprrectly. And for some reason... My screen is perfectly calibrated, since the initial boot... I have a Stock wm 6.1 Titan. So... any ideas?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Internet on Android (Mogul)

I finally got Android botted up, with the keybaord working perfectly. I can make and receive calls, send and receive texts, and use the phone fairly well.

Only problem is the obvious missing apps (gps blah blah blah ) and the factthat I cannot access the internet.

Can someone explain to me how I can get Android to get online? Cant use maps or Browser...

I need it so i can win a bet against a friend who has a HTC Dream.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Eirikr88 is just getting started

Well most say boot up Internet explorer on WM6 before you boot but that has never worked for me. When i boot up to android i go to apps and use the Togga app to establish and internet connect and it works perfect.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr88 View Post
Well most say boot up Internet explorer on WM6 before you boot but that has never worked for me. When i boot up to android i go to apps and use the Togga app to establish and internet connect and it works perfect.
ill try that out when i get a chance (im at work risking getting fired) i jsut had a question... i barely have thigns installed on my phone, and i havent seen any comments regarding to the speed of the actual android during use. When i use it, it seems to lag.. and i always make sure to have lots of ram freed up. anyway to make android work quicker? i have huge lag

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development