PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

Thanks for the link, I finally got it working. Love the OS, can't wait to see how well they can get it to work. When they get the marketplace working as well as GPS and the data connection, its gonna be time to try to have this boot as my main os, haha.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: sprint

redeemedfadi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Thanks for the link, I finally got it working. Love the OS, can't wait to see how well they can get it to work. When they get the marketplace working as well as GPS and the data connection, its gonna be time to try to have this boot as my main os, haha.
The data connection works fine for me, other than it going out after a few hours. When that happens I run Togga to restore the connection: http://code.google.com/p/retrobits/downloads/list
Old 12-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

Baryn is a n00b

You are awesome fadi.

Last edited by Baryn; 12-08-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell Mobility

joemorin73 is a n00b

This isn't very stable, is it?
Old 12-09-2008, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

for those not on XDA, i have sent an email to HTC about seeing what it would take to get them to actually develop this for the 6800. just sent the email today so im sure i wont here anything for a day or two. once i hear something i will post a thread about it. i would really like to get this running 100% on the 6800 and HTC is the ones that can make that happen a lot faster then us.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well i have to say, HTC's tech support is quick to respond.

Quote:
Thank you for your inquiry about LINUX and the 6800.

I understand how important it is to know how to get even more usage out of your PPC 6800. There are no plans to make a LINUX ROM for the PPC 6800, as the phone was made specifically to operate using Windows Mobile software. The only way that HTC would make this available is if it was demanded by the carriers that sell the 6800.

HTC may make more phones in the future that operate using the LINUX based Android operating system, but the phones would be made specifically to operate with that OS. Thank you for your interest
looks like unless vzn, sprint, or at&t request the 6800 with linux/android we are on our own. wish i had a programming background. i have nothing but time at work and this could be something i could work on all day long most days. well, it was worth a shot.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sprint announced today that Rich Miner, Google's VP of mobile technology, will be delivering Friday's keynote speech at Sprint's Mobile Developers' Conference. I have a feeling Android is on its way to Sprint very soon...
Old 12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Lurker

woomis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
Sprint announced today that Rich Miner, Google's VP of mobile technology, will be delivering Friday's keynote speech at Sprint's Mobile Developers' Conference. I have a feeling Android is on its way to Sprint very soon...
Funny you should mention that. I went in about a week ago to my local sprint store to look at the new TouchFLO 3D. I asked the manager if he knows if android will run on it and he mentioned "why not just wait until after Christmas, we plan on carrying a HTC running Android" ... I shall wait until then*.

(I dunno if I can give up my exchange sync anytime soon though)

Last edited by woomis; 12-10-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Lurker

emeraldayotte is a n00b

I must say that the android OS is very IMPRESSIVE and can't wait for HTC/Sprint to come out with more phones.

We need a phone similiar to the HTC wimax phone running android!!!

Question: Is anyone able to get into their default contact list when running android on the mogul?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell Mobility

joemorin73 is a n00b

The 6800 is too old in the carriers' eyes. If anything, they will be looking at having HTC come out with new models running Android. If we want Android, it will be up to us.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development