PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800 - Mogul

WildSioux is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarre179 View Post
^I am impressed with this new version. It works a lot better than the one posted at myhtcphone.com. IMO. Its another step closer...
Is it more functional than the one posted at myhtcphone? I installed that one last night briefly just to see what all the fuss was. I was impressed when I saw the linux penguin and the startup scripts (ala dos style). And then the "Android" startup screen. Then voila, the clock and icons!

I played around with it for about 30 minutes. I was able to scroll left/right, but it took more force to be able to. It was hard to open a program since everytime I clicked on an icon it wants to scroll...

Somehow I managed to move the clock. I also managed to copy the "API..." icon in the bottom pull up menu to the desktop. Don't know how, but it was there kind of over lapping the others.

When I clicked on maps and browser, they opened but it didn't load anything other than a "page not found" error. I had my wifi on and connected but nothing.

I found that if you tap and hold the top status bar, it will drop a menu down with notifications. Just hold the bottom dot and drag up to close.

I also managed to get into a settings/debug menu. Where I opened up some kind of "view raw images" It popped up my WM6 desktop background. And everytime I dragged, it would show little white dots in trail. Not sure what the function of that was.

Other than that, same as others. On screen keyboard pops up on the camera button. And only a few keys worked on the hardware board. Not very functional now but hopefully they continue with the progress. I will have to try this new version. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

Bizarre179 is just getting started

Well, i have had more luck with the other version (not the myhtcphone one).

I too moved the clock added an icon, which is annoying because i cant move them back.

Only big thing I am complaining about right now, is the fact that my screen isnt calibrated. I know you have to tap the corners, but what order? And do i have to have the camera button held down while doing it? Someone please give me a small tutorial.

ABUSE THE THANK BUTTON! In a good way.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarre179 View Post
Well, i have had more luck with the other version (not the myhtcphone one).

I too moved the clock added an icon, which is annoying because i cant move them back.

Only big thing I am complaining about right now, is the fact that my screen isnt calibrated. I know you have to tap the corners, but what order? And do i have to have the camera button held down while doing it? Someone please give me a small tutorial.
its either top left and bottom right or top right and bottom left (dont have mogul anymore so I cant remember. you can do it one way, test and try the other way.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

Bizarre179 is just getting started

Do you have to hold down the camera button? I have tried just about everything, and it seems to have no effect.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:27 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Doesn't work anymore, that's why.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 10-26-2008, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

If you want the net too work dont forget to make sure you have an established data connection.. I ALWAYS forget its irritating as hell...

But where is the email at It looks exactly the same as the last one I dont see any new email options..
Old 11-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: T-MOBILE

NBAKING23 is a n00b

Can somebody post some instruction for control keys for this application I cant even get pass the screen lock screen. LOL
Old 11-17-2008, 04:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850 TP
Carrier: Verizon

roghaj is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAKING23 View Post
Can somebody post some instruction for control keys for this application I cant even get pass the screen lock screen. LOL
I remember seeing all that in THIS thread. Letter Q was something, and the camera key brings up the keyboard. Hold the camera butting and hit the corners of the screen to calibrate. I don't remember anymore.

Good Luck
-Roger
Old 12-03-2008, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro, Palm Pre

CTSLICK is a n00b

New version on the website if anyone is still interested Just downloading now
Sharp Wizard->Palm IIIx->Casio EM-500->Dell X5 Advanced->PPC 6800
Old 12-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What are the changes thus far?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development