PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 03:09 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

Seems to me like dzo is the main developer for this project and he has no interest in getting the Titan up and running - which is understandable since he has a Touch - so until someone else comes on board and starts developing, we're kinda stuck.

I will say though... HOLY CRAP is that web browser SMOOTH! There has *GOT* to be hardware acceleration going on because the page just flicks along!

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 07-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Lurker

RetroElectro is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg View Post
I think we have enough pictures now :-p anyways I wonder what it would take to get the keyboard and landscape going.
My guess is a keyboard driver has to be written. Doesn't the Kaiser have this thing running with full keyboard support? Could we try to start with it's driver?
Old 07-16-2008, 03:41 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

So I managed to get Engadget up in the browser (yeah, it took quite a few tries - screen alignment isn't dead on either so it made it even more difficult) and I must say, the Google browser does things that Opera is just now starting to be able to do - namely, it automatically formats text in the page when you zoom in (Opera 9.5 formats it BEFORE you zoom in and after), making the page look just like it would on the desktop.

The browser is also highly responsive. I didn't see it loading images for 10 seconds or so like Opera 9.5 does.

The Android app is pretty cool just because it shows that there is actual TRUE hardware acceleration running on the device. You can touch the globe and spin it faster, in a new direction, etc.

I can not receive calls but I can make them.

I am not even going to ATTEMPT to make a text message until someone fixes the keyboard.

I've also noticed that the GUI seems to be more responsive if you have the keyboard slid out for some reason. Also if you can't get out of an app with the end key, press the power key and an option will come up to turn off the screen. If you click that option, it will exit the app and dump you back at the home screen 9 times out of ten.

This is obviously still a really early pre-alpha release but I'm impressed with how far its come in such a short time and I'm really excited to see the full power unleashed on our devices and others in the near future!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fishpony is becoming a great contributor

i have pulled up this page, i just can't sign in for some reason to try to post something from android. I have been able to send and receive calls and also i have sent and received text messages. Touch screen is not responsive at all but if you use the stylus it is much easier. can't wait until i can boot this! wish i knew what i was doing to help out but i will just have to wait and see. keep up the good work everyone
Old 07-16-2008, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

rwspark is a n00b

Ok, I figured out how to sign into google talk on the phone (dev tools, XMPP Settings). I got a friend to send me a message and I saw it pop-up and put a Speech Bubble in the top bar. I can slide the bar down and see the new message window. But unable (or can't figure out) how to respond.

Has anyone messed with this yet?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: ACS

2TallSwede is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to 2TallSwede Send a message via Skype™ to 2TallSwede

I just downloaded this and added to my memory card. Works like a charm on my Touch and runs on my Mogul as well although i can't do much on it because of the lack of button support but I have to agree with previous comments, this is a pretty sweet system and I can't wait to use it with a bit more regularity.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:38 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

dzo has fixed the keyboard alignment and made the SD driver 4 times faster. See here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=33

The alignment for the actual keypresses is still SLIGHTLY off but the keyboard is in the right place at least!

Now who wants to trace the GPIOS with HaRET? I sure don't wanna do it... but a working keyboard would be nice... or at least, ya know, the dpad arrows... lol.

EDIT: Holy CRAP! dzo wasn't kidding! The new SD driver is incredibly fast! Now Google's browser makes Opera 9.5 look like crap in terms of speed by FAR! And *NO* out of memory errors - yes, even on Engadget...

Now if only you had an address bar... lol. Searching from Google kinda sucks.

EDIT 2: You can also end calls using the end call button now. Also, if you go to the dev tools, then development settings, you can turn on the CPU usage meter. Its nice to see that the OS itself uses very little CPU cycles when its idle. Windows Mobile sure doesn't...

Last edited by EtherealRemnant; 07-17-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

When trying to do anything with the web browser, I get a "network error unknown host" message and when using maps, I get a "oops! the network seems to be down for now. we'll keep trying, though." Any help with this?
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 07-17-2008, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PALM 3XE/650 IP 19/2750 HTC 8125/MOGUL/TP/TP2 EVO

gnatsstang is becoming a great contributor

""Originally Posted by quite98 ON XDA DEVELOPERS:

I was able to get the onscreen keyboard (somewhat) working.

The problem is that it is displayed at the top of the screen but the hit test is looking for presses near the bottom of the screen. Once you tap there you will see input being generated - although it's obviously quite hard to guess the correct place to type.

Other input-related observations are that the hardware windows and OK keys on the slide-out keyboard appear to be mapped to left and right.""

Try replacing the zImage with the one at:

http://cs-alb-pc3.massey.ac.nz/vogue/zImage

SD is 4 times as fast and the kbd should be in the right place. I don't have a titan so it's not easy to figure out the differences between it and vogue. To get the buttons and kbd working you will have to trace the gpios using haret. The kbd is probaby similar to the kaiser kdb so you could use that as a start.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:59 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

Make sure that you have an active data connection before you launch HaRET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 View Post
When trying to do anything with the web browser, I get a "network error unknown host" message and when using maps, I get a "oops! the network seems to be down for now. we'll keep trying, though." Any help with this?
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development