PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 05:24 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
Seriously, if you guys want Android so bad, why not just get an HTC Dream when it comes out on October 13th? It's going to be a lot cheaper than the Touch Pro ($199) and comes preloaded with Android (not to mention HSDPA with 7.2mbps downlink). I've been thinking for a while about ditching Sprint for T-Mo, and the Dream is the catalyst that's going to make me go through with it.
You're not going to see anywhere NEAR 7.2Mbps on T-Mo... most I've seen is like 1.8Mbps, which Sprint beats consistently in my area.

Also, the Dream is just plain ugly. Seriously stupid move on Google's part to put out such a trash-looking phone.

T-Mobile can't beat the coverage that Sprint has in Denver either... and I pay a lot less with Sprint than I would with T-Mo (and no I'm not on SERO).

When Sprint gets an Android device, then I may truly ditch WM... until then, I'm just going to use whatever people can hack up.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 09-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
You're not going to see anywhere NEAR 7.2Mbps on T-Mo... most I've seen is like 1.8Mbps, which Sprint beats consistently in my area.
I wonder where you're getting that information from considering:

1. Denver doesn't have T-Mobile 3G yet, and
2. Even if it did, T-Mobile just released their first HSDPA phone last week
Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
I wonder where you're getting that information from considering:

1. Denver doesn't have T-Mobile 3G yet, and
2. Even if it did, T-Mobile just released their first HSDPA phone last week
Its called the T-Mobile forum on Howardforums. People have tests on T-Mo in their signatures and there are threads about speeds as well.

I've never actually used UMTS but from what I've read, 384kbit/sec is supposed to be its max download... the 1000+kbit/sec tests I've seen seem to point to HSDPA?

If that is indeed UMTS then my understanding of the tech was wrong.

Either way, I've yet to see at&t pass the 3 megabit mark so I highly doubt T-Mo will be able to beat them to the punch...
Old 09-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Its called the T-Mobile forum on Howardforums. People have tests on T-Mo in their signatures and there are threads about speeds as well.

I've never actually used UMTS but from what I've read, 384kbit/sec is supposed to be its max download... the 1000+kbit/sec tests I've seen seem to point to HSDPA?

If that is indeed UMTS then my understanding of the tech was wrong.

Either way, I've yet to see at&t pass the 3 megabit mark so I highly doubt T-Mo will be able to beat them to the punch...
That's a fair assessment, but as I said T-Mobile just released their first HSDPA-capable phone last week, so the speeds you're seeing may or may not refelect its speed. Also, phones can be limited in their speed to lengthen battery life. The speeds you've seen could be from a phone that's limited to 1.8Mbps. T-Mobile's network is capable of 7.2Mbps, and their 3G network has the highest spectrum range of any US carrier, meaning that their cells can support more simultaneous connections. The good thing about being late to the party is that you can be the best-prepared.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:05 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

We'll see. I just highly doubt that T-Mo will end up with a faster backbone than at&t and Sprint, that's all.

As for the speed... speedtest.net being flash-based, its kind of hard to deny the speeds that are being reported unless you have a connection that is 8+Mbps, in which case the accuracy can be questioned.

If T-Mo successfully launches full HSDPA throughout Denver, I may very well go back to them... but they've got to get a nicer PDA selection first because their current selection sucks and the Dream looks like a toy.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:11 AM
Lurker

Onitsoga is a n00b

so no one can run it on the xv6800? and actually do stuff on it?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:36 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

New version posted:

http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/

Quote:
Update(27/9/0: Audio is working now, phone will ring and play music, SMS works using my old testing app, now has full screen keyboard. The volume up and down keys are now mapped to back and menu. This is all with the 0.9 SDK, get the latest android-new.zip to try it. There are still problems with suspend, sometimes it doesn't wake up properly when you press the power button. If this happens press the red end call button, wait till the led goes red and try again. Sometimes the phone will reboot after an audio call, I'm looking into this.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*

is it working well on the mogul? Im not going to waste my time if its broken...
Old 09-18-2008, 12:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

avalon53 is a n00b

yeah, us Mogul guys are 'Living' off the vogue dudes lol its going great for them but its horrid for us, without the use of the keyboard and 'easy' access to all the features........
Old 09-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Ok, so I would please like the step by step instructions on how to run Android on my Mogul.

Seems everytime I try to run it, it always gets stuck on the Linux bootup screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development