PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

azclown is keeping up the good workazclown is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueSPL Relocker 2.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
First, i'd like to point out that bootloaders are NOT carrier specific...

second, If your radio isn't 3.XX then DO NOT USE THIS !!!!

*edit* To further elaborate: If your carrier has a stock GPS enabled ROM then you can now revert to Stock (GPS) Rom thanks to no2chem, however if your carrier doesnt have stock GPS enabled ROM, then this process will not work and could very well brick your phone. Say you want to take your Sprint phone in to the store for exchange/repair, you can run this to downgrade your SPL back to 2.07, then flash 3.35 and you have a Stock GPS capable Sprint Mogul !!! Now since verizon doesn't have a Stock GPS (at least not that i know of) this process will no work, so please dont try it - Thanks. Note: An SPL version check will be added, but my understanding is that no2 didnt include it with this beta release, so you could run this on a non-GPS radio (1.XX Radio) and bootloader (1.XX bootloader) and really cause some issues, so again - DONT DO IT !!!
thx , that was what I was thinking.... since Verizon hasn't given us an updated ROM with GPS and new Radio, we can't use this SPL....
Old 06-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by azclown View Post
thx , that was what I was thinking.... since Verizon hasn't given us an updated ROM with GPS and new Radio, we can't use this SPL....
you can use the unlocker to flash custom roms.
you just can't go back to stock until verizon releases a gps rom.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Bad Sector is a n00b

Please Help!
I need to revert to Sprint bootloader. My problem here is that my phone, if I hit soft-reset or any reset, will put me into 2.40.Olipro bootloader.
The first time this happened, I was able to use the exit bootloader to kick me back out, but if I reset it would be stuck again. The exit bootloader worked a couple of times, then it stopped being able to kick me out. It would run, the phone would reboot, but come right back up to bootloader.

So then I found the MTTY and tried that w/ set 16 0 and then task 8. I got the same results i was getting from Exit bootloader, no good. So i read up on the MTTY commands and saw the set 14 0 as well. So I did both of those set commands then the task 8. And again it rebooted in bootloader, so I took out the battery, unhooked usb, put the battery back in and plug into the USB... this time it did not immediatly go into boot loader but the yellow charging light came on, so I hit the power button and WM6.1 started like it should.

I then had to reset again for some reason and it kicked me to bootloader again, so I used the same process as before and it worked again w/ no problems. So I thought I had an out...

But of course.. something happened and I had to reset, I get stuck in bootloader, and NONE of my previous methods work now. I can't even flash the ROM now...

So I'm thinking something is wrong w/ my USB port (Tried on 3 computer, 3 different cables) on my phone. Is there a way for me to run this re-locker from the SD card in bootloader? Or does anyone else have any suggestions?

I have tried to put the TITAIMG.nbh onto the SD card and reload a rom that way, but EVERY time the bootloader will pop on the screen "No Image Found" real fast then go back to bootloader. I have tried with a 2 gig and 512meg (came w/ sprint 6800) and formatting via DOS commands I saw posted.... it still refuses to see the image file....

I'm at my wits end, and about to bash this thing

Last edited by Bad Sector; 07-02-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Bad Sector is a n00b

Ok, managed to get out of Bootloader by hooking up the splitter for some unknown reason.. didn't even run exit bootloader or mtty, but it kicked me out.. So I installed this relocker and now it is stopped at the "Loading...."

I will give it a few minutes and then just try to reset, but It did show the bootloader as 2.07.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Bad Sector is a n00b

So it stayed at "Loading..." for a long time and did nothing.. but bootloader looks good.

So I removed the files added by the relocker on the SD card and put on the latest sprint .nbh file, hit reset and it's off to the races installing!!!!

Thanks alot for this no2! You will have my donation very soon
Old 07-02-2008, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Bad Sector is a n00b

My phone still will reboot into Bootloader everytime I hit a soft-reset. But now I can get out of it (for a while... i guess until something else changes) just by pulling the battery, disconnect usb, put the battery back in, plug in the ubs/headphone splitter to phone, then plug usb from pc into phone usb splitter. That will cause the phone to flash red light on top right indicator for 1 sec, then it goes off and after about 3 seconds the yellow light will come on. Then I can just hit the power button and it will boot.

So atleast now I can try to get an exchange for warranty on this thing... i'm thinking that's my best bet.

Thanks again though! And if you can figure out anything to help me with this problem, please let me know.

Last edited by Bad Sector; 07-02-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:32 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Sector View Post

So atleast now I can try to get an exchange for warranty on this thing... i'm thinking that's my best bet.

Thanks again though! And if you can figure out anything to help me with this problem, please let me know.
I would exchange it! I've never had that problem
Old 07-05-2008, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Changing to 1.20 after using nueSPL

So here is the question, I used nueSPL and upgraded to 2.47. Once I do this, I want to go back to 1.20 but am having problems. I don't want to be causing any problems but want to be sure that I can reload 1.20 (relocker) then reload the stock rom. Is that not possible after using this tool?
Old 07-05-2008, 11:56 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: Changing to 1.20 after using nueSPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkeller77 View Post
So here is the question, I used nueSPL and upgraded to 2.47. Once I do this, I want to go back to 1.20 but am having problems. I don't want to be causing any problems but want to be sure that I can reload 1.20 (relocker) then reload the stock rom. Is that not possible after using this tool?
no. this is to downgrade your SPL/Bootloader to 2.07
then you can flash a Stock GPS Rom, for warranty and such (w/out downgrading the Radio)
although to use this method, your carrier must have a Stock GPS Rom
Old 07-06-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Changing to 1.20 after using nueSPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
no. this is to downgrade your SPL/Bootloader to 2.07
then you can flash a Stock GPS Rom, for warranty and such (w/out downgrading the Radio)
although to use this method, your carrier must have a Stock GPS Rom

That is my fear for Verizon users. We are talking about this on XDA right now. For those who have used nueSPL and have upgraded to DCD or no2chem, they are basically screwed and have no options but to take back the phone with a GPS rom on the phone right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development