PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 01:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 on MightyROM Official Release 2/10
Carrier: Verizon

devoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Titan WM6.1 No2Chem 5067 Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsperez View Post
Is anybody updating or adding new stuff to this kitchen? I have not seen anything added to it in the last two weeks or so. Or are we suppose to add stuff ourselves?

Btw, it seems like the kitchen 5067 is more stable and solid than the new 5068 and 5069 ROMs at this time. Maybe 5070 will fix the current problems but I think 5057 is the choice for now.

tsp
5067 seems stable to me too, but I continue to have problems with my Plantronics 855 bluetooth headset and Voice Command. Sometimes the two will work just fine together, but many times out of the blue, the connection is dropped or the voice command button on the headset stops working. I either have to restart the bluetooth connection, or turn on/off the headset to bring it back. It's just really flaky. It's a shame because I think the 5067 build from a performance perspective is great, 22MB free after restart. I reflashed this weekend to the 3.39 radio and Sprint's 3.49 ROM hoping that would resolve the bluetooth issues but that is not the case. Any ideas anyone?
Old 06-09-2008, 09:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800, no2chem 50xx

theTastyCat is a n00b

Me too - I've got a Plantronics 510 and LOVE IT but the voice command button on the headset hasn't worked at all with my ROM from the 5067 kitchen. This leads to unbelievable frustration while driving. I'm going to hard reset and see if that's any better.

I'm still having the awful issue of the ringer changing from loud to soft to vibrate to silent and back again - I've even had my phone ring at a very inopportune moment when I had turned the ringer completely off!! This has happened on every single ROM that I can remember, and it happens after or during a call. Hard to tell if bluetooth or voice command make it any worse.

Thanks all for the hard work - these ROMs are wonderful even if they're still buggy.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Druu is becoming a great contributor

Seems a lot of people have problems with this kitchen and plantronics brand headsets, but the issue really hasn't been addressed too much. Hopefully something will be done soon to help fix this problem.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

mike171562 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
well that's weird, i have the same radio and ive been running 5067 from the kitchen for a while now, even set the pagepool to 6.9 (might as well say 7) and i dont have any issues with taking pictures, or not being able to hear anything on phone calls. perhaps it's something that is cooked in the rom like conflicting applications or something. If you post your selections.txt then you might get a better answer from someone, i'd recommend re-flashing either to a different rom (to see if you experience the same symptoms) or to another kitchen build rom with fewer selection (again to see if you experience the same symptoms)

I tried No2chem's Roms: nueROM v2.1 build 5069-e, nueROM v2.1 build 5069-d, nueROM v2.1 build 5068, as well as using the kitchens Basekit 5060 and Basekit 5067 with various combinations of apps, even with no apps, everything is fine until you make a phone call, I get a signal, but when i dial a number its just silence, if i hit speakerphone I hear a quiet pop, then the phone reboots. Im currently using an older ROM of no2chems which works fine. I dont think its my phone cause it works fine with the older ROM.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:24 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike171562 View Post
I tried No2chem's Roms: nueROM v2.1 build 5069-e, nueROM v2.1 build 5069-d, nueROM v2.1 build 5068, as well as using the kitchens Basekit 5060 and Basekit 5067 with various combinations of apps, even with no apps, everything is fine until you make a phone call, I get a signal, but when i dial a number its just silence, if i hit speakerphone I hear a quiet pop, then the phone reboots. Im currently using an older ROM of no2chems which works fine. I dont think its my phone cause it works fine with the older ROM.
still weird that your phone doesn't like that particular rom build (5067 works just fine for me)

Last edited by puff; 06-09-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

mike171562 is just getting started

I found this post here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=220176

is it necessary to upgrade to the new official sprint rom? 3.35.651.2

I upgraded to the pre-release GPS enabled version that was leaked a few months back
Old 06-09-2008, 02:44 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

You need the 3.35 Radio or higher
Old 06-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but what is the difference between 3.35 and 3.49? I'm currently on 3.35 so what is the advantage of flashing 3.49 and does installing 5067 or higher override the radio? I think I read that No2Chem went down from 3.49 to 3.35 on his 5069 ROMs.

TIA,
tsp
Old 06-09-2008, 06:27 PM
the magic mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsperez View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right thread but what is the difference between 3.35 and 3.49? I'm currently on 3.35 so what is the advantage of flashing 3.49 and does installing 5067 or higher override the radio? I think I read that No2Chem went down from 3.49 to 3.35 on his 5069 ROMs.

TIA,
tsp
Flashing a no2chem rom will not affect your radio. Most of the Custom Rom flashes found on this site are NOT gonna touch your Radio, unlike an official carrier update which flashes the radio, rom, and bootloader. As far as the difference between 3.35 and 3.49, the 3.35 was the official release that enables EVDO RevA and GPS for the HTC Titan whereas 3.49 is a leaked ROM for an unofficial pending release (nothing spectacular added) Now given that it's a leaked version, not a finished product, it generally has a few more issues than the official releases, and that is why i think no2 went back to the 3.35 base (more stability)

Currently im still using the 3.35 Radio, with the 5067 kitchen release
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 on MightyROM Official Release 2/10

devoe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by theTastyCat View Post
Me too - I've got a Plantronics 510 and LOVE IT but the voice command button on the headset hasn't worked at all with my ROM from the 5067 kitchen. This leads to unbelievable frustration while driving. I'm going to hard reset and see if that's any better.

I'm still having the awful issue of the ringer changing from loud to soft to vibrate to silent and back again - I've even had my phone ring at a very inopportune moment when I had turned the ringer completely off!! This has happened on every single ROM that I can remember, and it happens after or during a call. Hard to tell if bluetooth or voice command make it any worse.

Thanks all for the hard work - these ROMs are wonderful even if they're still buggy.
Well, if the button to activate VoiceCommand hasn't worked for you, that's probably easily solveable with a quick registry fix. I needed to do this to mine in order to get it to work. Not sure why it wasn't included in the 5067 build.

Open your regedit program....
HKLM-Software-Microsoft-Bluetooth-Audigateway

Change BTAGExModule to \Windows\vcbthag.dll

Soft reset and it will work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development