PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 08:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc6800
Carrier: us cell

JAEPILLA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JAEPILLA
Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

ok sorry, i thought it was 4 zero's.. but thats another issue, once im in the previous posts states i should....

Try this,

EPST
Security

What are the 2 URL Values in the security tab on EPST?

Make sure that the:

HDR AN AUTH User ID (LONG) is your ESN#@uscc.net
HDR AN AUTH Password (LONG) is your ESN#
PPP USER ID is **********@uscc.net

i don't see anything like that at all! and i don't see a security tab either
Old 08-04-2008, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mine, 6800 with 20273 ROM / Wifes 6800 with Stock ROM
Carrier: US Cellular

President Fluid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to President Fluid

To see the security tab you need to be in Edit and not View........ The password should be 000000 unless *228 was dialed to update the phone before you did this.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: USC

mmantz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Fluid View Post
Anybody have problems keeping the phone in EVDO mode?

For some reason when I am in EVDO mode the phone will switch back to 1x when ever it connects to data.

Is there a fix for this?
I'm having the same issue, btw, thanks for the boatloader power/camera trick everything works now. I keep getting kicked out of EVDO and into 1x for data. I actually helped a coworker with his and his will stay and function in EVDO. I haven't noticed any differences between ours though. All the programming seems to be the same. I actually flashed his and used the same config for mine but for some reason i still keep getting kicked out. I'm going to call tech team later on it tomorrow. (obviously not mentioning anything about the update)

--------IF 000000 DOESN'T WORK ON YOUR PHONE LET ME KNOW AND I'LL LOOK UP YOUR LOCK CODE FOR YOU!!!! Just message me.----------

Last edited by mmantz; 08-05-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmantz View Post
I'm having the same issue, btw, thanks for the boatloader power/camera trick everything works now. I keep getting kicked out of EVDO and into 1x for data. I actually helped a coworker with his and his will stay and function in EVDO. I haven't noticed any differences between ours though. All the programming seems to be the same. I actually flashed his and used the same config for mine but for some reason i still keep getting kicked out. I'm going to call tech team later on it tomorrow. (obviously not mentioning anything about the update)

--------IF 000000 DOESN'T WORK ON YOUR PHONE LET ME KNOW AND I'LL LOOK UP YOUR LOCK CODE FOR YOU!!!! Just message me.----------
If you are going to call USCC's Data tech center don't bother..... All they will want to do Is replace it with a new phone. And that is a hassle to get out of. When I did call them I got the new phone but knowing that they would check software and all that good stuff I sent the new phone back. I did get a call on it though and I told them it was working again.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: USC

mmantz is a n00b

I just figured out what the evdo problem was. in the HDR programming under the security tab for epst, there are four entries.
HDR AN AUTH ----- User ID ESN(hex)@uscc.net
HDR AN AUTH ----- Password ESN(hex)
PPP USER ID ------- (MSID)@uscc.net
PPP PASSWORD ---- (MSID)

When you type in your HEX ESN for the first two entries any Characters MUST be in uppercase. I put the in multiple times in lower case and it never went through. Any questions let me know. This fixed my problem, sorry if it doesn't help anyone else out though.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:01 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmantz View Post
I just figured out what the evdo problem was. in the HDR programming under the security tab for epst, there are four entries.
HDR AN AUTH ----- User ID ESN(hex)@uscc.net
HDR AN AUTH ----- Password ESN(hex)
PPP USER ID ------- (MSID)@uscc.net
PPP PASSWORD ---- (MSID)

When you type in your HEX ESN for the first two entries any Characters MUST be in uppercase. I put the in multiple times in lower case and it never went through. Any questions let me know. This fixed my problem, sorry if it doesn't help anyone else out though.
good find! oh and
thanks for posting back your find
Old 08-05-2008, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

My original work and thread can be found here about this. I did not stat that it was USCC specific though in the thread title.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UsCell HTC6800
Carrier: uscell

jkane13 is a n00b

Lots of questions! Let me begin with some basics that I can't find answers to. I started up the cooker (BuildOS) to see what all it can do.

Do the native apps like notes, calendar, calculator, pictures & Videos all get installed? none of these are in the list of apps to install for the cooker.

More specifically, how about Office Mobile? I see word, excel, and I think power point listed. Anyhow, there were 3 office tools to select. Are those different, or are they the native ones I have before replacing the ROM?

Last question for today. What's the difference between 5060 and 5067? The first page of this thread says use 5060. I see two others. One with a lower number and the other higher number (5067).

BTW: I played with one of the other .txt files. It had US Cellular in the pull down list. So after I figure out what the difference is in 5060 and 5067, I will wonder what the difference is in that one!

Before I even try the install, I want to also thank you and everyone who is part of this for writing such a simple sounding FAQ. I hope it works for me.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc ppc6800
Carrier: us cellular

joecarrphoto is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to joecarrphoto

thanks i just hope this work for my htc ppc 6800 from us cellular , if not do u know of anything that might be able to unlock the gps on my phone?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:16 AM
outback

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkane13 View Post
Lots of questions! Let me begin with some basics that I can't find answers to. I started up the cooker (BuildOS) to see what all it can do.

Do the native apps like notes, calendar, calculator, pictures & Videos all get installed? none of these are in the list of apps to install for the cooker. YES

More specifically, how about Office Mobile? I see word, excel, and I think power point listed. Anyhow, there were 3 office tools to select. Are those different, or are they the native ones I have before replacing the ROM? They are the ones that are standard with WM6.1

Last question for today. What's the difference between 5060 and 5067? The first page of this thread says use 5060. I see two others. One with a lower number and the other higher number (5067). I think 5067 is the first with USCC, 5060 and 5067 are both No2Chem ROMS, and that is his numbering scheme. They are versions of the OS build. (The newest is 20270)

BTW: I played with one of the other .txt files. It had US Cellular in the pull down list. So after I figure out what the difference is in 5060 and 5067, I will wonder what the difference is in that one!

Before I even try the install, I want to also thank you and everyone who is part of this for writing such a simple sounding FAQ. I hope it works for me.
See above edits in the quote.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development