PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

heystek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: AutoInstall Program (w/ Silent cab install)

Nice work! This will help out alot.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'll definitely be playing with this. Before I do, I'm wondering if it just runs the .cabs in series, leaving me to click the radio buttons about whether I want to install to the device or to the storage card, then clicking OK when done, or whether it just installs everything to the device?
Old 03-12-2008, 02:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

plenTpak is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
I'll definitely be playing with this. Before I do, I'm wondering if it just runs the .cabs in series, leaving me to click the radio buttons about whether I want to install to the device or to the storage card, then clicking OK when done, or whether it just installs everything to the device?
Hello,

It doesn't ask for the location, it just installs everything to the device, without you needing to click OK for each cab file.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

trev913 is a n00b

Great stuff man. I'm sure this will come in handy somewhere down the line.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yes this really does simplify alot of UC, especially now that you added copy functionality... great work!

So is it possible to write a stand alone version that will silently install files directly to the storage card using the same method? i'm starting to catch onto this concept, but i dont understand why it's limited to installing to device only.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

plenTpak is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
yes this really does simplify alot of UC, especially now that you added copy functionality... great work!

So is it possible to write a stand alone version that will silently install files directly to the storage card using the same method? i'm starting to catch onto this concept, but i dont understand why it's limited to installing to device only.
As far as I can tell, there's no way to automatically install cab files to a different location like the storage card, unless the cab file explicitly specifies the storage card as an install location... it looks like Microsoft took out that functionality since WM5 for who knows what reason. D:
Old 03-12-2008, 07:23 PM
N00b

fryguy1 is a n00b

I thought I read somewhere on here that you can use a program to modify the CAB file to install to storage card. I will have to find that again, as I found out that almost everything on my card has to be reinstalled after each hard reset or rom change. I was hoping that all I needed was the shortcuts.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy1 View Post
I thought I read somewhere on here that you can use a program to modify the CAB file to install to storage card. I will have to find that again, as I found out that almost everything on my card has to be reinstalled after each hard reset or rom change. I was hoping that all I needed was the shortcuts.
Oh you go find that post now fryguy, NOW!! lol

Not that i've started using it yet, but i switched from sbp backup to Sprite backup (6.10) for this exact reason... it now has a feature that allows you to restore backups even after Rom upgrades and reflashes.... should take alot of the legwork out of these contstant upgrades... I'll truly be happy when i have a 'one touch' solution for reinstating my settings, customizations and setups....
Old 03-12-2008, 07:43 PM
N00b

fryguy1 is a n00b

I think it might have been the WinCE Cab Manager.

http://www.ocpsoftware.com/download.php?nm=cecabmgr

But I cant seem to find the thread on this. I'm gunna try this but don't have much time now. If anyone tries let me know if it work and is easy.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Post Master General

Bingo, i think this is doable. Taken from the site....

WinCE CAB Manager Features
Open Existing Cabinet Files
Open any Windows CE CAB file, as well as Smartphone and Pocket PC theme files.
Create New Cabinet Files
Allows you to create a brand-new CAB file, add the Windows CE files, shortcuts and registry entries needed to install your application, and then save the new CAB file to disk.
Modify Cabinet Information
View and modify general information about the Windows CE CAB file, such as the name of the company and of the application, processor and operating system version required to run the application, and the default installation directory.
Modify Windows CE File Entries
The Windows CE files stored in a CAB file can be viewed and modified, and new files can be added. You can change the order in which the files will be installed, the location where each file will be installed, and more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development