PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Lurker

zidek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

anybody else have an issue with their mogul randomly soft resetting itself? it used to just affect me when the phone wasn't plugged it but now it's happening when it is. i figure i'll try it all again tonight and hope it works well. other than that it's perfect.

Kaos: does clocking to 600+ make much of a difference with batt life? looks ineresting
Old 02-22-2008, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

verkion is becoming a great contributor

Hrm...for all of you who are "complaining" about having to reinstall all the time when no2chem releases new builds...you DO know that he has made the ROM UC compliant and that you just need to put the "link" to all your CABS into one simple txt file and it will AUTO-MAGICALLY load all your programs/stuff. You can even use an XML file to customize to your hearts content!!!

verkion
P.S. THANKS no2chem!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:28 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by verkion View Post
Hrm...for all of you who are "complaining" about having to reinstall all the time when no2chem releases new builds...you DO know that he has made the ROM UC compliant and that you just need to put the "link" to all your CABS into one simple txt file and it will AUTO-MAGICALLY load all your programs/stuff. You can even use an XML file to customize to your hearts content!!!

verkion
so im assuming then , you're saying UC works for you? =p
Old 02-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by verkion View Post

verkion
Where's the "Dummies" guide to getting this setup? I currently have build 5035 and might consider the upgrade to 5049 if the UC process is simple enough.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)

UberGuidoZ is a n00b

Awesome stuff no2chem. PayPal thanks sent. UC support rocks! I've been using Sprite Backup ROM Restore (which works surprisingly well), but I prefer knowing that everything is being installed from scratch. We all know how well it works to "upgrade" Windows.

--
Peace. ~G
Old 02-22-2008, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

verkion is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
so im assuming then , you're saying UC works for you? =p
The answer is a resounding YES thank you very much no2chem! Honestly, I was getting a little tired of ROM upgrades every other day, (not that I'm not appreciative of your work...maybe you should just limit it to once a week so that your "ROM creating creative juices" aren't exhausted), but with the UC working, its a no-brainer. I haven't had the chance to even mess with the XML very much yet, but that'll be for...oh look, version 5049 is up! Hahahhahaa. As for the "ease of use" of UC, here's the UC thread on XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337

Short story for impatient people is as follows:

Code:
LOCK: Enabled
CAB: \Storage Card\<whatever directory you have your cab>\<cabname1>.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\<whatever directory you have your cab>\<cabname2>.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\<whatever directory you have your cab>\<cabname3>.cab
etc.
LOCK: Disabled
RST: Reset
Save the file as SDconfig.txt and stick it in your ROOT directory on the storage card...and DONE!

2 things to make sure of...MAKE SURE YOUR CABS ARE COMPLETE/WHOLE (I had one that busted and had to remove it from the SD card and then hard reset to start the UC process again.) And #2...APPARANTLY, you MUST make sure you don't have spaces after the .cab in your text file.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

No2Chem

I posted this in the nueLED thread, but I'll add it here too.

The address for the red flashing LED is 4. However, my ORANGE light won't turn off now...

Last edited by [sammich]; 02-22-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor

Anyone having major battery issues with the new ROM? I thought it might of been something I installed so I did a hard reset and used it with just the straight rom, and I lost about 20% within a hour and havent really done too much... Internet exporer here and mail check there nothing crazy... went from 100% to 78% within 1 hour.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

na mine stayed at 100% for the first hr...my battery last all day into the night..plus after a soft reset i have like 14.3m free.. which is sick

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 02-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

blue6800user is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue6800user View Post
Any word from No2chem about the stereo adapters no longer working on this rom? I tried searching and i didnt see if there was a fix for this yet. I know Dcd is aware of it. Have I missed any information on this issue on the no2chem rom?
bump.

No2chem, or anyone else who knows this!

Really, what i want to know is if this is ever going to get fixed OR if i should just go out and buy another adapter (maybe try getting one that has 11pins for sure)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development