PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 07:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
I am very new to this...should I choose a custom ROM first then do this kitchen or what's the order I should go in?
First, read about unlocking the Titan and what you need to to in order to flash.

Second, I would read about the kitchen and how it works before you start making stuff in it. Custom ROMS are just that...custom based on what the ROM builder wants in the ROM. The kitchen is nice because it turns you into the ROM builder...so you can make it anyway you like it!

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 11-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
Here are the extra things I cooked in and I did cook most of them on the no2chem ROM I had the issues with before. I wasn't sure if it was something related to the base ROM making it go into roam like that since I didn't see it on Colonel's.

Advanced Configuration
Hidden-Office-Requirements
HTC Action Screen
HTC Duo Album
HTC Home 2.0.814.722 Color
HTC Voice Recorder
Kevtris
Ms. Pacman
MusicID
Null Keyboard
Office-Excel
Office-Powerpoint
Office-Word
Oxios Memory
PIEPlus
QuickMenu
SIPChange
ThreadedSMS
TierAutoinstall
Total Commander
VistaHide Battery Gauge
While most, and indeed all of, these will "build into" the rom, I'd like to remind everyone that this kitchen is not yet "inter-mingled" with a set of OEM's. The PPCGEEKS version "that will be more official" is still held up because to make a good rom-kitchen one has to make sure that the operating system and OEM addons are "interrelated" well so that they dont stomp on new application installs.

Dumping a lot of stuff into this ROM one needs to understand that they may well be upsetting the delicate balances that were achived to get this out.

That said, you're experiences are and will be noted, using this, sos we can get the proper balance into the "official kitchens". But as DogGuy said at the start of this, you can def come up with combinations that will bork you're device rather seriously, so be careful, we're still tuning the SYS and OEM dirs on this to make it a more "official" type o kitchen.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
Thanks a bunch, if nothing else it makes for some interesting reading. Anyone else notice the GPSID module and how it exports GPS and COM port functions? Always a good read.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: P400 (TITA100) from Telus QC
Carrier: Telus

alex_electro is a n00b
Hi, is somebody know wath is the password for extracting the Registry bckup app, in the same folder on the ftp. And is it a too great work for a newbee to make it all work on a telus branded device... If, i'll probably wait for an official Kitchen. But for now in a learning meaning is it possible to test ROM on an device emulator for PC, to don't take a risk of bricking device... Learning with a less risk factor lol As a newbee i'm not confient enough to test my first attempt on my preffered toy.
thank for you're answer
Old 11-20-2007, 12:31 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

to0 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to to0
I think the password is "PPCGeeks" (without the qutoes).
Old 11-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
hey DogGuy....thanks for the kitchen....so far its working great....the only thing as of now that im having trouble with is the personal oemizer.....its like its partially working, i cant get the email and mail2web settings to show up once i flash my phone. I entered the data into the program, saved it and hit create oem, and then built the os and flashed my phone but i dont see the email already setup. I know some parts of the personal oem is working cause i see my owner's information other things i changed making it to the phone.....any help is great;y appreciated......
________
ALICIAKISSME LIVE

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 09-08-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bigray327 is keeping up the good workbigray327 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
hey DogGuy....thanks for the kitchen....so far its working great....the only thing as of now that im having trouble with is the personal oemizer.....its like its partially working, i cant get the email and mail2web settings to show up once i flash my phone. I entered the data into the program, saved it and hit create oem, and then built the os and flashed my phone but i dont see the email already setup. I know some parts of the personal oem is working cause i see my owner's information other things i changed making it to the phone.....any help is great;y appreciated......
Same here. It would bring up ActiveSync and freeze the device, for me.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigray327 View Post
Same here. It would bring up ActiveSync and freeze the device, for me.
LOL....u got farther then me....i dont have anything listed there....hopefully someone will be able to help us out
________
Foxypoison69

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 09-08-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
Made a custom ROM this morning and it was very smooth. I have run into one issue though though that I also experienced with no2chem's alpha 3 ROM. My phone will go into roaming randomly at work and open up my messaging app. I am not sure what causes this, but I haven't experienced it with Colonel's builds. I used the 1.40 radio on all of these. My signal is pretty decent so I am not sure what causes it.

Anyone else run into this?
Mine does it with the stock Sprint rom. It starts doing it after I load the threaded SMS cab file.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Well, I just got done trying to build my first one (a bunch of my CABs won't work, and some of the OEMs I created tell me such-and-such file already exists, so I had to turn off a few), and I got this error: Error building default.hv and user.hv!

Help?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development