PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

shorty12411 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Titan ReLocker - The Hard-SPL undo option

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Thanks for the clarification, i think i'll leave my warnings in the first post for now so the one's that don't feel like reading won't jump in and complain about being stuck in bootloader though. But, it is true that the only real reason for this is to flash a stock rom anyway.

how do i get my phone options back. these colored lines r stuck on my phone.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty12411 View Post
how do i get my phone options back. these colored lines r stuck on my phone.
Maybe if you told us what you did to get the colored lines on your phone we could help you get rid of them. Oh, and telling us those little numbers on the screen might also help.

Last edited by bakntyme; 02-22-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: Tmobile

drgoff is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Titan ReLocker - The Hard-SPL undo option

How do you reloc
k the bootloader when its stuck in bootloader and active sync cant detect it
Old 03-02-2008, 03:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

where exactly do i get the Stock Sprint ROM that I would have to flash after relocking the phone?

I am returning a Mogul from Sprint since I am within my 30 days and gettting a Touch instead. Im just afraid they will say something once they get receive it about the Custom ROM. I dont want to HAVE to keep the phone just for that. Thanks.

Hugo
Old 03-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You could try the sticky titled: PPC-6800/Titan FAQ's - READ BEFORE POSTING! (10/29) - Official ROMs discussion links!

HTC's site is another option
Old 03-02-2008, 05:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

krushmoto is a n00b

I'm trying to run the relocker but I haven't had any luck this time.
I ran it with no problems to upgrade to the leaked radio & rom but it's too unstable for me so I'm trying to downgrade back to 2.17 but I keep getting the following error message:
cannot load VDM IPX/SPX support.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Carrier: sprint

akhnaten is a n00b

Help... I unlocked phone using 2.40 olipro, flashed NexVision's latest (based on DCD 2.31), flashed the 3.27 radio, and booted up fine. I then set MDN and MSID. On reboot my device won't stop rebooting. I can get into the boot loader but on a "normal boot" the OS never starts and just auto reboots. I am trying to revert, but relocker requires the phone to have a running OS. How do I relock and revert to 2.17/1.32 radio without a running OS on the phone? I tried reflashing Nexvision and 3.27 radio and 2.40 bootloader with no change. I also tried flashing 3.16 beta. That only changed the splash screen to HTC Test Only. I also tried flashing from SD with no change. Is there any way I can setup the SD card to get the bootloader to execute the relocker batch? Any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I resolved my problem. I flashed the stock 2.17 rom from SD card and to my surprise it worked. I would still like an answer to my question though. Since it cannot be repeated enough, I will include instructions for flashing from SD card.
1) Format your Micro SD card Fat32 using a MicroSD card reader. Most are FAT16 be default. FAT16 will NOT work.
2) Make a backup copy of the rom you want to flash and rename it to "TITAIMG.NBH" w/o the quotes.
3) Copy TITAIMG.NBH to the root directory on the MicroSD card using a MicroSD card reader, NOT another phone using ActiveSync. ActiveSync will corrupt the file when copying to the card.
4) Safely remove the MicroSD card reader and put the MicroSD card into your powered down phone (battery removed).
5) Put the battery back in and push the Power ON + Camera + Reset buttons all at the same time. Remove the stylus from the Reset button first, then release the other two buttons. Doing this properly is a pain in the butt.
6) The phone should come up in a grey screen and tell you to push the power button to load the rom. Push the Power ON button and wait until the screen shows that the rom loaded SUCCEEDED.
7) Eject the MicroSD card from the phone and hit the reset button using the stylus.
Done
I much prefer this method to flashing via USB cable since there is much less that can go wrong.
Good luck
Will

Last edited by akhnaten; 03-03-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhnaten View Post
Help... I unlocked phone using 2.40 olipro, flashed NexVision's latest (based on DCD 2.31), flashed the 3.27 radio, and booted up fine. I then set MDN and MSID. On reboot my device won't stop rebooting. I can get into the boot loader but on a "normal boot" the OS never starts and just auto reboots. I am trying to revert, but relocker requires the phone to have a running OS. How do I relock and revert to 2.17/1.32 radio without a running OS on the phone? I tried reflashing Nexvision and 3.27 radio and 2.40 bootloader with no change. I also tried flashing 3.16 beta. That only changed the splash screen to HTC Test Only. I also tried flashing from SD with no change. Is there any way I can setup the SD card to get the bootloader to execute the relocker batch? Any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I resolved my problem. I flashed the stock 2.17 rom from SD card and to my surprise it worked. I would still like an answer to my question though.
It looks like you never successfully installed the 2.40 hard-SPL. If you had, and did not subsequently successfully install the relocker, you would not have overwritten the bootloader with the 2.17 ROM install and it would not operate properly.

I have seen posts from one other person where the bootloader screen showed 2.40 but it was apparently not completely installed.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Carrier: sprint

akhnaten is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
It looks like you never successfully installed the 2.40 hard-SPL. If you had, and did not subsequently successfully install the relocker, you would not have overwritten the bootloader with the 2.17 ROM install and it would not operate properly.

I have seen posts from one other person where the bootloader screen showed 2.40 but it was apparently not completely installed.

You are right. The constant rebooting symptom is a bad 2.40 BL install. After returning to the stock ROM (2.17) I was able to boot and Relocker worked great. I then started the process again and installed both the 3.16 beta and then the NexVision ROM and it works great. Now I just need an updated Radio
Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:15 AM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

quick question...im running one of NO2CHEMS ROMS...and the offical mogul update is duie to come out monday...will i need to run this relocker in order to install that sprint ROM or can i just flash as normal? i have never ran this relocker at all

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development